+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58

Thread: Just read the patch notes, Way to kill a great game guys .

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default Just read the patch notes, Way to kill a great game guys .

    I just read the patch note for the upcoimg nerfs buffs and fixes what a bunch of bull As I said before bring in Blizzard Devs would kill this game and here is where it starts . Buffing Mages and nerfing there counter class is foolish in the extream once again we have a Dev from blizzard playing class so he buffs it in pvp . he ither cant play his class unless it is way overpowered or just fells the need to be able to own everything with out fail ither way i have been talking with several guild members and guild leaders and it sounds like a mass exoduis of Rift is about to start. If this patch goes through you will have sucessfully destroyed the only game people where leaving WOW for in years .
    these buff / Nerfs will completly ruion pvp in this game mages already are able to kill anyone one every 2min and if the use a good build they are able to beat any class 1v1 even when that class is 2-3 lvls higher then them . This game was avertised as a pvp players game now you reuin it why unless it is blizzard wantting more of there counts back so they are forcing you to make this change as we all know this game is owned by the same people. if you read the post you have been delletting you will see this is a bad idea instead of lissting to the same Dev that buffed mages in WOW and reuined WOW pvp try listting to the players that will drop the subs if this goes through. For all you mages that are crying they need buffed it is becouse you want a face roll class you had in wow in pvp instead of the gladd canon you should be in PVP you wear cloth ie therefore you should have no deff . Nor should you be able to stack buffs and build to have better deff then tanks and better heals then a healing class . From what I have read and i have heard from other players after this patch the few pvpers left will be Mages .

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    OP - try breaking up your thoughts into separate lines or paragraphs. I got through about 3 sentences of your post before my eyes started rolling up into my head.

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    OP - try breaking up your thoughts into separate lines or paragraphs. I got through about 3 sentences of your post before my eyes started rolling up into my head.
    all I can say is LOL.

    I got about 2.5 sentences in then decided "I wonder what snyrf said about the post" and read your response to see if the OP was worth reading.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple Azraelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    OP - try breaking up your thoughts into separate lines or paragraphs. I got through about 3 sentences of your post before my eyes started rolling up into my head.
    This exactly..

  5. #5
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,409

    Default

    Needs a tl;dr version

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default really they are killing the pvp in the game and you are worried about gramer ?

    If all you have to say is to grief my inablity to spell or or type or the use of gramer or lack there of then what goos are you doing for the game ?

  7. #7
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valdshade View Post
    If all you have to say is to grief my inablity to spell or or type or the use of gramer or lack there of then what goos are you doing for the game ?
    I was giving you helpful advice. I can do this bullet point if you like.

    - No one is going to read your post, let alone comment on it.
    - You clearly want people to read your post and comment.
    - Split up your thoughts into clear paragraphs with line breaks.
    - This is will help people read and respond to you.

    Sometimes, people are trying to help you by pointing out things you could do better.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valdshade View Post
    If all you have to say is to grief my inablity to spell or or type or the use of gramer or lack there of then what goos are you doing for the game ?
    They're not griefing you're ability to spell or use grammar, they're asking you to put your message into a format that is easier to read.


    "xxxxxx

    xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    xxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    xxxxxxxxxxxx"


    is easier to read than

    "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"


    They want to read whatever message you're trying to convey, they're just asking that you make a stronger attempt to convey it.
    Last edited by Shayded; 06-20-2011 at 01:02 PM.

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    tl:dr

    He's saying he's upset with the mage buffs because it's too much like WoW. Fire the WoW dev Trion hired to bring them back in line.

    And more WoW stuff.

  10. #10
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Read this, i deserve a medal.

    TL;DR version:

    Mages are too good, their counter class sucks.

    Devs are playing mages because the devs need to be overpowered.

    Mages kill everyone.

    Everyone will stop playing rift.




    Discuss.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twurzz View Post
    Read this, i deserve a medal. TL;DR version:Mages are too good, their counter class sucks. Devs are playing mages because the devs need to be overpowered. Mages kill everyone. Everyone will stop playing rift. Discuss.
    fixed it to read more like the OP.
    Last edited by generatedname; 06-20-2011 at 01:11 PM.

  12. #12
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    fixed it to read more like the OP.
    Mess up the grammar and spelling a little.
    Last edited by twurzz; 06-20-2011 at 01:28 PM.

  13. #13
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default I understand you

    First off, ignore the folks insulting your grammar! I understood what you are saying as I speak 3 languages and actually possess the mental fortitude to attempt to understand people. We have 45 people that were lured by Trion's video in regards to pvp and two months later we are going back to our previous game (not WoW)
    Yes PVP is imbalanced in many games
    Yes Rift's current PVP state is laughable for me--it is boring as hell as I have all classes at 50- 2 in R6 and still get over-killed for upwards of 3k even with full health. I know, I know--L2p
    PVE is great but again I was lured by the PVP hype they cooked up.
    FOTM classes will always be here...how else are they going to keep hardcore gamers interested in the game--people "jones" to be strong in a game and will pay to grind the class.
    I, like many gamers, eat up content faster than Rosie O'donnel <sp> can eat a snatch--so FOTM, gear grinds and mind numbing Raids with "pretty shiny stuff" as rewards will be the financial strategy to keep your e-peens hard.
    Anyhow Trion's doing cool things with PVE but PVP is dull as hell.
    To the ****n grammar Nazis--This is a game forum not a dissertation for your Masters. Grow the patience level to read through a mortgage agreement and then come back and read this man's post--it'd be ****n different story then....dip ****s

  14. #14
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,409

    Default

    Lolwat?
    /10

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riftoid View Post
    First off, ignore the folks insulting your grammar! I understood what you are saying as I speak 3 languages and actually possess the mental fortitude to attempt to understand people. We have 45 people that were lured by Trion's video in regards to pvp and two months later we are going back to our previous game (not WoW)
    Yes PVP is imbalanced in many games
    Yes Rift's current PVP state is laughable for me--it is boring as hell as I have all classes at 50- 2 in R6 and still get over-killed for upwards of 3k even with full health. I know, I know--L2p
    PVE is great but again I was lured by the PVP hype they cooked up.
    FOTM classes will always be here...how else are they going to keep hardcore gamers interested in the game--people "jones" to be strong in a game and will pay to grind the class.
    I, like many gamers, eat up content faster than Rosie O'donnel <sp> can eat a snatch--so FOTM, gear grinds and mind numbing Raids with "pretty shiny stuff" as rewards will be the financial strategy to keep your e-peens hard.
    Anyhow Trion's doing cool things with PVE but PVP is dull as hell.
    To the ****n grammar Nazis--This is a game forum not a dissertation for your Masters. Grow the patience level to read through a mortgage agreement and then come back and read this man's post--it'd be ****n different story then....dip ****s
    Did you slam a PBR and punch the air everytime you finished one of these sentences?

    Cause that's totally what I pictured in my mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts