+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Just read the patch notes, Way to kill a great game guys .

Soulwalker

Default You made me rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    Did you slam a PBR and punch the air everytime you finished one of these sentences?

Cause that's totally what I pictured in my mind.
    No I don't drink, its bad for the liver. I enjoy reading some of your post, so what is your take on the OP's point of view? I talk to people for a living and rather enjoy it...so, Snyrf, whats your view on the pvp?

I don't fully agree with the op but I do think the pvp is lackluster.

Shadowlander

Default Revamp

I will try to make this as short and easy to read as i can.

New up coming patch is a bad idea. it furter unblances pvp to the point a great many players will leave the game .
    I personally knew 43 players that are planning on or have already canceld there subs after readding the up coming patch notes. so if you look at from this stand point. I being 1 of 600,000 know 43 players leaving becouse of this . that means the actual nimber of player s that will quit the game due to this is much higher more like 10,000 to 15,000 for a new game to losses that many players just becouse of one patch has to say somthing like it is a bad idea .

What in particular is the problem?

Soulwalker

Default I don't feel it's that absolute

Quote Originally Posted by Valdshade View Post
    I will try to make this as short and easy to read as i can.

New up coming patch is a bad idea. it furter unblances pvp to the point a great many players will leave the game .
    I personally knew 43 players that are planning on or have already canceld there subs after readding the up coming patch notes. so if you look at from this stand point. I being 1 of 600,000 know 43 players leaving becouse of this . that means the actual nimber of player s that will quit the game due to this is much higher more like 10,000 to 15,000 for a new game to losses that many players just becouse of one patch has to say somthing like it is a bad idea .
    What server are you on? I'm wondering if you were in our guild as we have similar numbers that we know that left. It wont be a drastic shedding of accounts, but after my guild left (me being the last) I noticed a couple a couple more guilds went dark and no longer pvp. I cant stand pve myself and thats why I unsubscribed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIiraDqzQYU this is why I came to Rift excited and why we all left laughing at the devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    What in particular is the problem?
    Change is scary!!!!
    Even free cost too much now

Default hah

I see all this they destroyed the game BS on any and every patch they do you all have never been a part of a brand new game i can tell they all said the same thing in UO EQ wow warhammer in aion and every other mmo that has ever had people complain and cry tilll they get what they want they have to make it so everyone has a chance not just the ones who's whole life revolves around the game.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by memyselfandi View Post
    I see all this they destroyed the game BS on any and every patch they do you all have never been a part of a brand new game i can tell they all said the same thing in UO EQ wow warhammer in aion and every other mmo that has ever had people complain and cry tilll they get what they want they have to make it so everyone has a chance not just the ones who's whole life revolves around the game.

I played UO, EQ, wow, eve, shadowbane, swg, almost all of them. Why do most of your posts have this message that permeates? Why do you think everyone's lives "revolve around the game". In short and IMO, this game's PVP is about as bad as the parents that didnt attend their child's graduation (as you said in another post). The content of a few of your post were a bit dramatic, this is why I decided to say something...not trying to bust your balls. I have 2 kids, got wife aggro all the time, have a busy job counseling some messed up people, a dog, a mortgage and you know what? This games PVP still sucks. Not everyone who has a viewpoint lives in mommy's basement or misses their kids graduation to raid or pvp.
    Last edited by Riftoid; 06-20-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Ascendant

mages are getting nerfed in 1.3, both in pve and pvp. big time. apparently you fail at reading patch notes as badly as in creating threads.

/thread

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    all I can say is LOL.

I got about 2.5 sentences in then decided "I wonder what snyrf said about the post" and read your response to see if the OP was worth reading.
    I did the SAME THING!

So i read the Tl;dr version posted on the first page.

I just wanted to ask, what makes you think that rogues suck? (Going off the unnamed "counter class" comment).
    And I mean, why complain about mages? if you cant handle a mage then I dont know what to say except for practive PvP fundamentals.

And why NOT complain about clerics. I mean, you are playing rift right?
    Quiver @ Molinar
    <The Enclave>

For most, the first thing they put on in the morning is their underwear. I however put on my headset.

Soulwalker

Default You play mage

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    mages are getting nerfed in 1.3, both in pve and pvp. big time. apparently you fail at reading patch notes as badly as in creating threads.

/thread
    See Chloro... I dont even need to write anything...
    See Pyro:
    Oh I'm sorry we lost 20% on fulminate--by that logic, I can overkill by a large margin on R6 gear, so hmm...I'll be seeing smaller overkills done to me and what I output on my pyro. 40% and we have a nerf.
    Am I the only mage in the community who know's we will be hit by the nerf bat but 1.3 sure as hell isnt it. Yes i play my mage most of the time and between two FOTM builds and without heals, I can mop the field and finish a fight with full health or close to it.

Shield of Telara

Instead of saying "Mages", say Pyromancers. As that is who you are refering to.

Yes Pyromancers are getting nerfed and we will see just how much the nerf does. Personally, I don't believe it will do much at all. It's more then just the damage that needs looking at on them.

I think Trion must like screwing things up each patch by making 1 Class FOTM then nerfing them and making another FOTM.. Basically it's a strategic way of keeping subscribers but that's my view.. All honestly a lot of the things they do never improve balance or are even in the right direction. It's like false advertisement.

Ah well..

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Riftoid View Post
    See Chloro... I dont even need to write anything...
    See Pyro:
    Oh I'm sorry we lost 20% on fulminate--by that logic, I can overkill by a large margin on R6 gear, so hmm...I'll be seeing smaller overkills done to me and what I output on my pyro. 40% and we have a nerf.
    Am I the only mage in the community who know's we will be hit by the nerf bat but 1.3 sure as hell isnt it. Yes i play my mage most of the time and between two FOTM builds and without heals, I can mop the field and finish a fight with full health or close to it.
    As I am a mage I will happily provide you with facts.

Chloro got a BIG healing nerf. What on earth makes you think they got buffed? I think you do need to write 'something' because every chloro I know LOATHES the changes. We asked for lifegiving veil to be undispellable and they did that.. by seperating our tank & group heals and nerfing tank heals by 40%. AND you lose group heals while tank healing. So yeah, _____ why do we want this horrible nerf|change??????? I think you don't have any facts and are just here to troll.

Pyro - who gives a crap about fulminate, although any nerf let alone 20% sucks. The real change is inferno GCD & 10% reduced damage, and cinderburst 20% reduced damage. So much for pyro burst. Still can't be mobile or have any hitpoints. All the bad things none of the good = poop soul in pvp.

You didn't mention stormcaller. Lightning field AND lightning strike are getting nerfed by 20%. This is our best pve dps tree, and a good pvp tree. Only now its reduced to AOE and pretty bad for single target PVP in my opinion.

So both of our viable pvp dps got nerfed at once. WTF are we supposed to play now? I guess we'll all be dom-chloro-am or chloro-lock-am. What a load of crap. As for PVE we got nerfed where it hurts and I don't really understand why.
    Last edited by ururu; 06-20-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    As I am a mage I will happily provide you with facts.

Chloro got a BIG healing nerf. What on earth makes you think they got buffed? I think you do need to write 'something' because every chloro I know LOATHES the changes. We asked for lifegiving veil to be undispellable and they did that.. by seperating our tank & group heals and nerfing tank heals by 40%. AND you lose group heals while tank healing. So yeah, _____ why do we want this horrible nerf|change??????? I think you don't have any facts and are just here to troll.

Pyro - who gives a crap about fulminate, although any nerf let alone 20% sucks. The real change is inferno GCD & 10% reduced damage, and cinderburst 20% reduced damage. So much for pyro burst. Still can't be mobile or have any hitpoints. All the bad things none of the good = poop soul in pvp.

You didn't mention stormcaller. Lightning field AND lightning strike are getting nerfed by 20%. This is our best pve dps tree, and a good pvp tree. Only now its reduced to AOE and pretty bad for single target PVP in my opinion.

So both of our viable pvp dps got nerfed at once. WTF are we supposed to play now? I guess we'll all be dom-chloro-am or chloro-lock-am. What a load of crap. As for PVE we got nerfed where it hurts and I don't really understand why.
    Possibly assuming I'm a troll from my now 6 posts....I actually spend more time in the game...hands on...instead of debating on forums. However, today I'm more interested in the forums. This debate is actually pointless considering you are and will defend "mages". I play a mage as well and she's curently R4 with some nice "pvp" not "raid" gear. You...rather "we" got inconvenienced not nerfed. And you ask "WTF are we supposed to play now". The answer you gave yourself is what I will be playing...most likely chloro-lock-xx. I have to adapt and play on souls that I don't really enjoy playing on other callings. And for the record Im agreeing with you on chloro, which is why I said I'm not typing anything (but thats from a pve aspect) and IMO PVE changes ruin PVP and likewise. Keep the **** seperate...if they keep moving toward that they will continue to get my money. Mages was the OP's main complaint...mine was that pvp overall blows goat balls eventhough Trion lured me with "innovative" pvp--innovative my ***.

p.s. Again...40% on those figures in pvp and we have a nerf...
    Last edited by Riftoid; 06-20-2011 at 06:03 PM.

Plane Touched

you sir, is a troll.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast