+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Assassins and Scorebord Heroes

Default Assassins and Scorebord Heroes

There's a cleric on my server who had a spoiled rage fit because an Assassin from briarcliff didn't jump out of stealth into an unwinnable battle at the Vault, the Assassin knows how to play his class and he did the smart thing and waited until everyone left to recap the flag. In a different match the same assassin, doing his job and keeping the vault locked down while I captured the statue, kept 5 guardians busy in a game of cat and mouse for about 2 minutes while we took control the map, and someone (from the cleric's guild) accused him of being afk.

I've seen tanks get flak like this too, where someone who's a monster tank supported by monster heals does a great job at making sure he's the one the enemy team is targeting, only to have some scoreboard hero compare DPS at the end and tell him he sucks. How common is this?

Rift Disciple

Why do you care?

Flag touches show up on the scoreboard. So does damage taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    yes they do unfortunately the only stats people look at is damage done or healing done.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    Unfortunately people don't look at damage taken, and a lot of people don't look at flag touches, and even if they did, an assassin could guard a flag and only end up touching it two or three times if it doesn't see any action in that match. Anyway what I'm saying is that scoreboard heroes often overlook things.

And a lot of things don't show up on scoreboards, like CC, The amount of the enemy's time you wasted, The buffs you put on other players, ect.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    There's a cleric on my server who had a spoiled rage fit because an Assassin from briarcliff didn't jump out of stealth into an unwinnable battle at the Vault, the Assassin knows how to play his class and he did the smart thing and waited until everyone left to recap the flag. In a different match the same assassin, doing his job and keeping the vault locked down while I captured the statue, kept 5 guardians busy in a game of cat and mouse for about 2 minutes while we took control the map, and someone (from the cleric's guild) accused him of being afk.

I've seen tanks get flak like this too, where someone who's a monster tank supported by monster heals does a great job at making sure he's the one the enemy team is targeting, only to have some scoreboard hero compare DPS at the end and tell him he sucks. How common is this?
    How common do you say healers are omg OP in one post to then post its was ok for the monster tank (on your team) to get monster heals (by a healer on your team).

I guess when its you getting the heals and your team wins.

Ascendant

i've found myself playing that role in codex oftem. If I can occupy the time of 3 or more of their team members trying to find me and kill me for a couple minutes, my team has a small-to-huge advantage.

The important thing is whether you win or lose, and we all know, the best way to win is to range like an impotent prick when someone isn't reading your mind.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

The other day I was in a Scion with my SC/lock and did 600k damage with 3 KBs and 4 deaths.

200k damage per kill. I was completely useless, but looked good doing it :\

In my defense though the 5 enemy clerics had racked up over 1.5 million healing during that match, but man that was painful.
    Last edited by Shredicus; 06-20-2011 at 12:13 PM.

Soulwalker

This is pretty common on my cluster, things like mage's calling me bad for getting only 7 kb in a bg, nvm that 4 of those were healers and 3 were the fc, or the aoe mage who's mad at "all these useless rogue's with 45k dmg".

Oh and my favorite, im "a bad" for 20k damage in a scion, pay no mind to the 12 stone carries.

Scoreboards are not something an MMO WF needs, at all.
    Last edited by ThatGuy042; 06-20-2011 at 12:24 PM.

I like the scoreboard. Sure it's not a perfect measure of player effectiveness. Sure I'd like a rating system, which could be an even better measure. But the scoreboard categories taken together present a pretty good summary of effectiveness.

What's your alternative? Just asking people what's their self-opinion of their own effectiveness? Good luck with that lol. It could be a separate scoreboard category, "self-opinion." Would be pretty much straight 10/10's all the way down.

Anyway, scoreboard isn't the real issue here. The real issue is that assassin effectiveness in warfronts ranges from ineffective to completely useless. Especially if they're doing what above posters are doing. If you're going to waste a player standing around at a flag, shouldn't it at least be someone durable enough to hold off an attack until reinforcements come? Not el squisho assassin, whose group fight strategy is to die then /yell "1v1 me nubs" from the graveyard.

Did I help us win?
    Yes - Cool.
    No - I'll do better next time.

My point is that the majority of people refuse to look in the mirror when evaluating a loss.

People getting mad in a game. LOL

It's a GAME!

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Morituri View Post
    Did I help us win?
    Yes - Cool.
    No - I'll do better next time.

My point is that the majority of people refuse to look in the mirror when evaluating a loss.
    The sad reality is that most people refuse to look in the mirror and evaluate themselves period.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    The sad reality is that most people refuse to look in the mirror and evaluate themselves period.
    Tangential but interesting on that topic:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depressive_realism

This is a controversial and contentious area, but as a general summary - a line of research suggests that the only people who evaluate their abilities realistically are the clinically depressed. Non-depressed (read: normal) people tend to think they are better at everything than they actually are.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast