+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 114

Thread: Heals.

  1. #1
    Rift Master Himora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    664

    Default Heals.

    your pvp is to dependent on healers, DPS have truely gotten the short straw, you had a chance to make a great outside the box game but you took WoW's formula & reversed roles.. Clerics whether you like it or not are the gods of PvP for obvious reasons. second being Mages for obvious reasons. so i gotta ask you, why did you not create an original fun foruma , you had the potential but blew it... its not hard to predict the outcome of a battle soley on the number of healers on each side & that is a disaster waiting to happen, it truely takes the skill = win part out the game. heals = win. just my 2c
    Last edited by Himora; 06-20-2011 at 07:44 AM.
    Hurry to Meet Death Before Your Place is Taken

  2. #2
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Pokket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    554

    Default

    People need to learn to use CC more... and no, not spam it, but use it when necessary. The problem I've noticed in WFs is that people spam CC, the person they are targetting becomes immune, and the attacker runs out of options because they didn't manage themselves well. I know that CC was nerfed, but that was because it was becoming a win-button.

    Pyros still one-shot on procs. Even healers can't heal through that.

    And Paragon/Riftblade/Champion was doing quite nicely as well.

    Marksman are a pain in the ____ when they are attacking you from a range that none of your abilities can reach

    Then again, I've been focused more on PvE the last couple weeks, so I haven't PvPd as much lately, but that's how it was before I stopped.

  3. #3
    Telaran Akui's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokket View Post
    People need to learn to use CC more... and no, not spam it, but use it when necessary. The problem I've noticed in WFs is that people spam CC, the person they are targetting becomes immune, and the attacker runs out of options because they didn't manage themselves well. I know that CC was nerfed, but that was because it was becoming a win-button.

    Pyros still one-shot on procs. Even healers can't heal through that.
    I've always hated relying on random procs to kill somebody, and even with the proc you still have to coordinate it with other abilities for maximum burst, and if nothing crits they probably still won't die. It's at the point now where all I can do against a good healer is CC if no one else is helping me attack them. I suppose we can't expect to beat healers 1v1 anyway. They're meant to keep up multiple people and they'd be kinda useless if one person could come along and pwn them real fast. Still annoying though.

  4. #4
    Shield of Telara Verja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    792

    Default

    The big problem is that PvP is a team game, but people treat it as though it's not. You know those other people you spawn with at the start of the fight? Well you're suppose to work with them not run off by yourself looking for an enemy you can demolish.

    People would QQ a whole lot less about certain Callings and Souls if they played with their team.
    The daemonic are without number, and their legions span the galaxy. But faith does not tire. Should it take us an eternity, the Ordo malleus will find and exterminate them all. - Lord Hephaestos Grudd

  5. #5
    Rift Master Himora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    664

    Default

    lets take my average Black Garden run for example,

    im a R6 sabo, i enjoy the playstyle simple as that. i would carpet bomb silence
    & slow the entire cluster around the flag, then full shrapnel charge, followed
    by a Rapid set-up full shrapnel attack & what is the outcome? full healths!

    its not that i do low damage, my damage is frightningly high with my 0 survivability
    100% damage build. its just healing
    counters damage every single time. if my charge does NOT kill someone instantly
    they are full up & ready to go again in a few second which defeats the purpose
    completely. Do i like it? No. Accept it? hmm..
    Last edited by Himora; 06-20-2011 at 08:15 AM.
    Hurry to Meet Death Before Your Place is Taken

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    your pvp is to dependent on healers, DPS have truely gotten the short straw, you had a chance to make a great outside the box game but you took WoW's formula & reversed roles.. Clerics whether you like it or not are the gods of PvP for obvious reasons. second being Mages for obvious reasons. so i gotta ask you, why did you not create an original fun foruma , you had the potential but blew it... its not hard to predict the outcome of a battle soley on the number of healers on each side & that is a disaster waiting to happen, it truely takes the skill = win part out the game. heals = win. just my 2c
    The true beauty (as I see it) of the multiple souls in RIFT is the flexibility in building a role that incorporates DPS, survivability and self healing all in one. If you are building a pure DPS pvp role, then you will be reliant on healers because you cannot help yourself. Don't restrict yourself to what people are saying is the "best" way to do something. Be creative. Trion didn't blow the "original fun formula", you are simply limiting yourself.

    Some of the best times I've had in PVP were me and another chlorolock in codex. We put synthesis on each other and managed to keep each other alive, while tying up 7 defiants trying to kill us at scope. The rest of our team snuck around and took the codex.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Beck- View Post
    Personally I just go with the flow and do my own thing... hanging out with people I like and avoiding the jackwagons. Just like real life.
    Learn To Play: You Are Doing It Wrong (via Seebs)

  7. #7
    Rift Master Himora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Syleen View Post

    We put synthesis on each other and managed to keep each other alive, while tying up 7 defiants trying to kill us at scope. .
    i rest my case , healing > dps
    Hurry to Meet Death Before Your Place is Taken

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Fohox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    148

    Default

    There's nothing wrong with healers deciding the outcome of a battle; that's how it should be. Group based PvP shouldn't be all about DPS. I think its good that healers in Rift are useful in PvP.

    Implying that skill is negated because of healers is ignorant. In saying that, you are dismissing the amount of skill it takes for healers to keep their team alive.

  9. #9
    Shield of Telara Verja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fohox View Post
    There's nothing wrong with healers deciding the outcome of a battle; that's how it should be. Group based PvP shouldn't be all about DPS. I think its good that healers in Rift are useful in PvP.

    Implying that skill is negated because of healers is ignorant. In saying that, you are dismissing the amount of skill it takes for healers to keep their team alive.
    Truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    lets take my average Black Garden run for example,

    im a R6 sabo, i enjoy the playstyle simple as that. i would carpet bomb silence
    & slow the entire cluster around the flag, then full shrapnel charge, followed
    by a Rapid set-up full shrapnel attack & what is the outcome? full healths!

    its not that i do low damage, my damage is frightningly high with my 0 survivability
    100% damage build. its just healing
    counters damage every single time. if my charge does NOT kill someone instantly
    they are full up & ready to go again in a few second which defeats the purpose
    completely. Do i like it? No. Accept it? hmm..
    The problem is you're not focus firing the healer or CCing him. Mark healers and focus them down. Problem solved.
    The daemonic are without number, and their legions span the galaxy. But faith does not tire. Should it take us an eternity, the Ordo malleus will find and exterminate them all. - Lord Hephaestos Grudd

  10. #10
    Rift Master Himora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fohox View Post
    There's nothing wrong with healers deciding the outcome of a battle; that's how it should be. Group based PvP shouldn't be all about DPS. I think its good that healers in Rift are useful in PvP.

    Implying that skill is negated because of healers is ignorant. In saying that, you are dismissing the amount of skill it takes for healers to keep their team alive.
    i see what your saying, but if skill did play a heavy factor on the outcome of a battle damage should be on par with healing. as it stands now one heavly outweighs the other. for example... try take on a "immortal" cleric build as a lowly DPS 1 v 1 ... skill does nothing to deside the outcome of that battle. And dont say its not balanced around 1v1 that was wow's excuse for failing at class balance.
    Last edited by Himora; 06-20-2011 at 08:39 AM.
    Hurry to Meet Death Before Your Place is Taken

  11. #11
    Shield of Telara Verja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    i see what your saying, but if skill did play a heavy factor on the outcome of a battle damage should be on par with healing. as it stands now one heavly outweighs the other. for example... try take on a "immortal" cleric build as a lowly DPS 1 v 1 ... skill does nothing to deside the outcome of that battle. And dont say its not balanced around 1v1 that was wow's excuse for failing at class balance.
    Let's go about your idea of dmg on par with healing.

    I'm a healer. i'm healing my team. You come up and start attacking me. I'm now trying to heal myself, but I can't due to you killing me faster than I can heal. I can't kill you because I do pathetic damage. You always win. Well why should I bother healing? I'll just go dps and say screw healing. Now no one heals and it's just dps races.

    And before you say "well your team should be helping you!" think about it like this. Right now as the game is your team should be helping you kill the healer.

    This is a team game. Not balanced around 1v1. It's a logic reason, and just becuase blizzard failed at balancing doesn't mean everyone will.

    Rifts idea of balance is change your soul make up to fit the situation. If you are a sab and can't kill/help/win with your team them change to something that can help more. Something with some CC or perhaps a tank spec. Maybe even bard it up. Adjust to strengthen your team. Not just what you want to do. Team game requires team work.
    The daemonic are without number, and their legions span the galaxy. But faith does not tire. Should it take us an eternity, the Ordo malleus will find and exterminate them all. - Lord Hephaestos Grudd

  12. #12
    Telaran Zorae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    79

    Default

    /sigh

    I've been in multiple WFs where we had the top 3 heals and the other team had 1 or 2 pretty meh heals. And we STILL lost. Why? Because they had the top 9 damage done... If there are 7 people all attacking someone squishy I really can't keep them alive.

    Healers, in general, can't dps. So if you're WF is mainly heals then you can't kill anything. Disregarding the WFs where you have to be able to kill people to complete the objectives, you would still loose since mana is not endless (heck, they're nerfing mana regen in 1.3). Healers depend on dps'ers to keep the other team off them and to kill the members on the other team so they don't have to pump out their biggest heals all the time.

  13. #13
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    i rest my case , healing > dps
    NO.. dps was too focused on trying to, well.. dps. The other chloro was squirreled and my LGV got purged and I was stun locked, then we died. Healers are like butter if managed correctly. I can tell when someone good on the defiant side has raid lead. About halfway through a match I cannot do anything. At that point I know there is a "1" over my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Beck- View Post
    Personally I just go with the flow and do my own thing... hanging out with people I like and avoiding the jackwagons. Just like real life.
    Learn To Play: You Are Doing It Wrong (via Seebs)

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Wow I can't believe how stupid people are with all the 'OMG I can't kill a healer 1v1' or 'I put out so much damage to the other team and they didn't die because someone was healing them' threads.

    L2P. Yeah its cliche, but its the truth. Work as a team, CC healers, and focus fire. It isn't rocket science.

    All said that doesn't mean that tweaks from time to time aren't needed to keep balance, just that in a game like Rift, one should not expect to beat a healer 1v1 or to kill off the enemy without controlling the enemy's healers.

  15. #15
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Yay another rogue dies to a cleric in pvp and begins shouting for across the board healing nerfs...
    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Many have quitted, they are lost almost half of the servers they started. I hop in next MMO for sure. Rift is awesome game but PVP is just crap.
    Lol really now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts