+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Remove Healing Debuffs....

Default Remove Healing Debuffs....

....from DPS classes, and give them to support, and defense classes at the potency of 60% heal reduction as a 38, or 44 point ability because a fight between two support roles can never, ever end. After you've done that reduce healing across the board in PvP by 30%.

This would go a long way in helping support roles and defense roles in open world PvP when they meet each other, like Archons, Bards, Warlords, Paladins, Reavers, Void Knights, Healing Cleric builds, and such. These new heal reductions need to have 6 second durations, with a 15 second recast, and be uncurable.

Thanks, have a nice day.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

No. Please go away.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    No. Please go away.
    Did you read it, or just post because of the title?

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    Topeka Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    I read it.

No. Please go away.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    I read it.

No. Please go away.
    DPS classes won't spec for heal debuffs anyhow, and are crying that they shouldn't be forced to choose specs designed at killing anyone being healed. After all, support roles are used to the idea that they probably won't ever kill anyone, so taking a heal debuff only makes sense to them.

Topeka Photography

I read it and didn't much care about it until you suggested a latent nerf to all healing. Then I said No. Please go away.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

I still think that incoming heals should be reduced by the % of the target's Valor mitigation. Valor would still be great, but it wouldn't be as make or break as it is now.

The problem with your suggestion is that, generally speaking, PUGgers in WFs will never run a support role. Hell, it's hard enough to get people to heal. For the vast majority of people, PvP is about killing other players. That's where they find their fun. There will always be that mentality of "Well if we need heal debuffs, somebody (else) should run that spec!"
    Noco@Wolfsbane

To be honest I dont think there should even be a heal debuff.
    Heal debuffs just make it so you NEED to run that spec, nothing alse.

PS: I am pissed because we dont have even 10 rank 6 players in our shard. Only 1 warrior. So it's pretty much imposible to make a proper premade.

Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    I still think that incoming heals should be reduced by the % of the target's Valor mitigation. Valor would still be great, but it wouldn't be as make or break as it is now.

The problem with your suggestion is that, generally speaking, PUGgers in WFs will never run a support role. Hell, it's hard enough to get people to heal. For the vast majority of people, PvP is about killing other players. That's where they find their fun. There will always be that mentality of "Well if we need heal debuffs, somebody (else) should run that spec!"
    You should never try to balance a team based game around PUGs, who refuse to play the game as a team.

Topeka Photography

Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    To be honest I dont think there should even be a heal debuff.
    Heal debuffs just make it so you NEED to run that spec, nothing alse.

PS: I am pissed because we dont have even 10 rank 6 players in our shard. Only 1 warrior. So it's pretty much imposible to make a proper premade.
    Our premades rarely run over 2 Rank 6 players, and we win 9 out of 10 Warfronts (unless some of us are drinking) so why do you need all Rank 6 players?

Topeka Photography

Shield of Telara

Agreed, such strong support should never be in the top dps trees.

Also most cc should be removed from all classes except dedicated support roles; those are the only ones that should get ae cc and more then one kind of cc, but deep in the trees. Also one could think about reduced damage and healing capabilities if you spec in a support tree for example 2% less damage and healing done / point in the tree to minimize dps/support spec powerlevel.

After implementing that put cc into 4 or 5 specific categories each with their own immunity timer which is triggered after the first application and the duration of the immunity depends on the cc duration that triggered it. Meele snares should of course not trigger any immunity.
    Last edited by Balduran; 06-20-2011 at 07:37 AM.

Plane Touched

I dunno the healing debuff from champion tree actualy makes them diffrent from other classes.

And as i see it its a way to compensate for having to get dmgd by everyone for being out front.

And what support role does a warrior have.... warlord... lulz yea see how many spec that for pvp.

Our premades rarely run over 2 Rank 6 players, and we win 9 out of 10 Warfronts (unless some of us are drinking) so why do you need all Rank 6 players?
    How am I supposed to win?
    We fight rank 6 premade from Shivermere/Cloudourbe 24/7.
    Low rank players die so so fast.

I mean, if I play an assassin I can take down a low rank warrior in 3-4seconds if he isn't pocket healed.
    Imagine what can be done with full focus fire.

My team consists of 2xMM and 1 cleric and it's really really hard to win.
    Since we have no heal debuff we cant cut through healing.

No.
    /10charlize theron
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

I really liked the idea of Valor reducing heals taken, but in the end all this is going to do is put already vastly superior PvE gear in a league of its own in PvP.

So lets look at a P6 warrior. We'll call him.. Bladefurry and assume he purposely spelled "fury" wrong.

Bladefurry has no job and lives with his parents so he has a lot of free time to enjoy some fine MMOing. Bladefurry is a member of his server's top raiding guild and rakes in fat loot because he plays a female character, pretends to be some chick he stalks on facebook, and frequently cybers with the GM. In his spare time Bladefurry has gotten to P6 because 3 of the guild's healing clerics are enamored by his assumed identity and pocket heal him at a moment's notice. Now as a member of the foremost PvP guild Bladefurry has access to gear in 1.3 that will have double the offensive stats of P6 armor, without the drawbacks ofhealing reduction on his copious amount of relic armor. Now although Bladefurry is a PvE player foremost, and a "weekend warrior" PvPer between raids he will still "outskill" any dedicated Pvper because he is taking 30-40% more damage, receiving 30-40% more heals, and doing 50-75% additional damage with his PvE crap.

Amazing story I know. It will be available in paperback soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast