+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43

Thread: Pvp..all around healing ? why..

  1. #1
    Banned Cyborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hell Gate
    Posts
    1,835

    Thumbs down Pvp..all around healing ? why..

    Even n single encounters or mass pvp most important thing is healing..Why this imbalance ,why every warfont is win by ,who got most healing ? Why healers have such an advantage in pvp even in 1v1 , many say that you need focused fire to get healers down...is like many really dont need to be sad that healing classes own them ,just grab 2-3 more dps and things are balanced now.

    Still an imbalance thing that trion should look at is healing in pvp..

  2. #2
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,420

    Default

    Many times, those who have too much healing, has too little DPS. Which in turn causes them to lose.

    Been in many WF where the opponents have too many healers, and ourselves have 2 healers, or 1 healer and 1 off healer, and we fared just fine because we can blow them up with FF. Cant heal through FF and over healing is a waste.


    In fact, the only place where too many healers work well, is Scion, which is a big pve instance anyway.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched phantiasmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Agree with person above I do pvp healing and we have had times where other team had 0-1 healers and we had 3-5 and they blew us out of the water.

    2 words for ya. Focus Fire.

    A team of people playing organized with no healers vs. a team of random people thrown together, no matter how many healers you have it will be a tough tough fight.

  4. #4
    General of Telara joker225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    938

    Default

    I know it's a balance issue.
    Healers until a certain amount is worth more then dps.

    Just wait for GW2, no more Rank 6 clerics.
    It's gonna be so awesome.
    Last edited by joker225; 06-20-2011 at 05:18 AM.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    I know it's a balance issue.
    Healers until a certain amount is worth more then dps.

    Just wait for GW2, no more Rank 6 clerics.
    It's gonna be so awesome.
    I have a friend who is testing GW2, and if you cry now about a game as easy as Rift, don't bother with GW2, you'll only fill those forums with more from the QQ League.


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  6. #6
    General of Telara joker225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    I have a friend who is testing GW2, and if you cry now about a game as easy as Rift, don't bother with GW2, you'll only fill those forums with more from the QQ League.

    Who is crying?
    I am just saying:

    1 Healer + 9 DPS is superior to 10 dps (considering all classes are rank 6 and know how to play).

  7. #7
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    Who is crying?
    I am just saying:

    1 Healer + 9 DPS is superior to 10 dps (considering all classes are rank 6 and know how to play).
    Not if the 10 DPS instagib the Cleric, because they're all smart enough to focus. Then it comes down to who does the most AE damage, or who can instagib the fastest.


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  8. #8
    Banned Cyborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hell Gate
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    I know it's a balance issue.
    Healers until a certain amount is worth more then dps.

    Just wait for GW2, no more Rank 6 clerics.
    It's gonna be so awesome.
    Even wow was more balanced in terms of healing...as for gw2 ,it is sad that many will migrate there..

  9. #9
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    Not if the 10 DPS instagib the Cleric, because they're all smart enough to focus. Then it comes down to who does the most AE damage, or who can instagib the fastest.
    Vision's argument is more or less that it's ok if there are op group healers because that can be negated by having everyone work together to kill them.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    Vision's argument is more or less that it's ok if there are op group healers because that can be negated by having everyone work together to kill them.
    That would be true, *if* they were overpowered. You PUGs still havn't figured out it takes a team, to kill a team, and that if you're not working together, you're not going to win.


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  11. #11
    Banned Cyborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hell Gate
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    Vision's argument is more or less that it's ok if there are op group healers because that can be negated by having everyone work together to kill them.
    Yeah we all know he like his op class and it defend the op-ness when he got oportunity.I say in other post is simple to kill a r6 cleric,just call air support and it will be balanced.So for him if u focus fire and got many dps it will be easy to kill a cleric !!

    Really people should not even answer to this kid,is obvious in love with the op...
    Last edited by Cyborg; 06-20-2011 at 05:40 AM.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    Yeah we all know he like his op class and it defend the op-ness when he got oportunity.I say in other post is simple to kill a r6 cleric,just call air support and it will be balanced.So for him if u focus fire and got many dps it will be easy to kill a cleric !!

    Really people should not even answer to this kid,is obvious in love with the op...
    Right because I only defend Clerics?

    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...for-now-please.

    No, I have to defend many classes from the cries of bad players. Your point?


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  13. #13
    Telaran Jazzh0le's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    Who is crying?
    I am just saying:

    1 Healer + 9 DPS is superior to 10 dps (considering all classes are rank 6 and know how to play).
    Stop the presses! In a game with multiple archetypes with varying roles (heals, ranged, melee, support, tank) a diverse group is better than a homogeneous one. This HAS to be a mistake.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzh0le View Post
    Stop the presses! In a game with multiple archetypes with varying roles (heals, ranged, melee, support, tank) a diverse group is better than a homogeneous one. This HAS to be a mistake.
    Yeah, I had a good laugh about that too.

    1 Bard 9 DPS >>>> 10 DPS, even if the Bard doesn't heal. Nerf Bard buffs?


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  15. #15
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    643

    Default

    Good DPS > Good heals, simply because you need DPS to kill things. The fact is 85% of dps is horrible, rift players need to learn to play, then worry about balance afterwards.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts