+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pvp..all around healing ? why..

Thumbs down Pvp..all around healing ? why..

Even n single encounters or mass pvp most important thing is healing..Why this imbalance ,why every warfont is win by ,who got most healing ? Why healers have such an advantage in pvp even in 1v1 , many say that you need focused fire to get healers down...is like many really dont need to be sad that healing classes own them ,just grab 2-3 more dps and things are balanced now.

Still an imbalance thing that trion should look at is healing in pvp..

Many times, those who have too much healing, has too little DPS. Which in turn causes them to lose.

Been in many WF where the opponents have too many healers, and ourselves have 2 healers, or 1 healer and 1 off healer, and we fared just fine because we can blow them up with FF. Cant heal through FF and over healing is a waste.

In fact, the only place where too many healers work well, is Scion, which is a big pve instance anyway.

Agree with person above I do pvp healing and we have had times where other team had 0-1 healers and we had 3-5 and they blew us out of the water.

2 words for ya. Focus Fire.

A team of people playing organized with no healers vs. a team of random people thrown together, no matter how many healers you have it will be a tough tough fight.

I know it's a balance issue.
    Healers until a certain amount is worth more then dps.

Just wait for GW2, no more Rank 6 clerics.
    It's gonna be so awesome.
    Last edited by joker225; 06-20-2011 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post

I have a friend who is testing GW2, and if you cry now about a game as easy as Rift, don't bother with GW2, you'll only fill those forums with more from the QQ League.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    I have a friend who is testing GW2, and if you cry now about a game as easy as Rift, don't bother with GW2, you'll only fill those forums with more from the QQ League.

Who is crying?
    I am just saying:

1 Healer + 9 DPS is superior to 10 dps (considering all classes are rank 6 and know how to play).

Who is crying?
    I am just saying:

1 Healer + 9 DPS is superior to 10 dps (considering all classes are rank 6 and know how to play).
    Not if the 10 DPS instagib the Cleric, because they're all smart enough to focus. Then it comes down to who does the most AE damage, or who can instagib the fastest.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    Topeka Photography

Even wow was more balanced in terms of healing...as for gw2 ,it is sad that many will migrate there..

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    Not if the 10 DPS instagib the Cleric, because they're all smart enough to focus. Then it comes down to who does the most AE damage, or who can instagib the fastest.
    Vision's argument is more or less that it's ok if there are op group healers because that can be negated by having everyone work together to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    Vision's argument is more or less that it's ok if there are op group healers because that can be negated by having everyone work together to kill them.
    That would be true, *if* they were overpowered. You PUGs still havn't figured out it takes a team, to kill a team, and that if you're not working together, you're not going to win.

Topeka Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    Yeah we all know he like his op class and it defend the op-ness when he got oportunity.I say in other post is simple to kill a r6 cleric,just call air support and it will be balanced.So for him if u focus fire and got many dps it will be easy to kill a cleric !!

Really people should not even answer to this kid,is obvious in love with the op...
    Last edited by Cyborg; 06-20-2011 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    Yeah we all know he like his op class and it defend the op-ness when he got oportunity.I say in other post is simple to kill a r6 cleric,just call air support and it will be balanced.So for him if u focus fire and got many dps it will be easy to kill a cleric !!

Really people should not even answer to this kid,is obvious in love with the op...
    Right because I only defend Clerics?

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...for-now-please.

No, I have to defend many classes from the cries of bad players. Your point?

Topeka Photography

Who is crying?
    I am just saying:

Stop the presses! In a game with multiple archetypes with varying roles (heals, ranged, melee, support, tank) a diverse group is better than a homogeneous one. This HAS to be a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzh0le View Post
    Stop the presses! In a game with multiple archetypes with varying roles (heals, ranged, melee, support, tank) a diverse group is better than a homogeneous one. This HAS to be a mistake.
    Yeah, I had a good laugh about that too.

1 Bard 9 DPS >>>> 10 DPS, even if the Bard doesn't heal. Nerf Bard buffs?

Topeka Photography

Rift Master

Good DPS > Good heals, simply because you need DPS to kill things. The fact is 85% of dps is horrible, rift players need to learn to play, then worry about balance afterwards.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast