+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cant get to R6

Shadowlander

Default Cant get to R6

I don't know how people do it but i just cant get my self to grind to R6. It is so slow and boring I would rather do something else. The ride to get there was fun and I would recommend it to anyone, I even did it twice. But for the last month I log in do a WF look at the grind ahead and leave. I would love to get the endgame weapons and armour but cant bring my self to do it.

So if you have reached R6 or are on your way there congrats. You are a better person then me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexis234 View Post
    I don't know how people do it but i just cant get my self to grind to R6. It is so slow and boring I would rather do something else. The ride to get there was fun and I would recommend it to anyone, I even did it twice. But for the last month I log in do a WF look at the grind ahead and leave. I would love to get the endgame weapons and armour but cant bring my self to do it.

So if you have reached R6 or are on your way there congrats. You are a better person then me.
    Why do you even bother playing if it was all about getting to r6? Even if you do reach it, what will you play for then? Let's say, getting the full r5/6 set. And then what? Why do it?
    retired

Quote Originally Posted by Milen View Post
    Why do you even bother playing if it was all about getting to r6? Even if you do reach it, what will you play for then? Let's say, getting the full r5/6 set. And then what? Why do it?
    To compete on a level playing field? Sadly, as time goes on, you'll need r6 for "skill" based PvP, else you will always be at a serious disadvantage. R6 people who used to destroy me when I was R1 are pretty easy to kill now I'm R6, which in my eyes shows how gear can cover up a lack of skill.
    Last edited by Misterjingo; 06-20-2011 at 12:49 AM.
    Playtime - p4x Guardian Rogue - Bloodiron
    Sma - p4x Guardian Mage - Bloodiron

Rift Chaser

I was just under or around rank 4.5 just 5 days ago.
    I'm 150k prestige away from rank 6 now, it's really not that hard but it is a bit of a grind and it does wear you down at times as I only play in pugs, never once in a premade, so it's slower overall.

You have to enjoy the pvp though, even if you're up against premades :/
    If you don't enjoy it, it will drag the grind to rank 6 out an awful lot.

Pick a spec you like, no matter what others say, just pick something you enjoy playing and get on with it - about the only advice I could give really. I have all my 5 specs set up for pvp only, no interest in dungeons/raiding so why bother wasting a spec for either, suits me and I'm happy with it.

if you're only doing it for the lootz, then you're definitely doing it wrong.

PVP because you enjoy, not because there is a bonus at the end.
    Last edited by Vaine; 06-20-2011 at 01:43 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Soulwalker

I don't know how people do it but i just cant get my self to grind to R6.
    You not alone. Developers pov that grind is good for theme park MMO.

you can read good discussion here: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf...885297#3885297

meh, I started having fun after I hit r4 and finally got myself a decent weapon, everything afterwards I did just for fun and now I only need another 100k for r6.

The first 4 ranks were an awful grind though.

Plane Touched

As others have said if your not pvp'ing cause you love it then dont bother cause after you get to rank 6 you will no longer have a carrot and just quit, I hate carrot on a stick games.
    50 Warrior
    50 Mage
    50 Defiant cleric
    50 rogue
    50 Defiant Mage

I'm not r6. I'm happy to have something to work towards. I have:
    r5 Cleric
    R4 warrior
    r3 mage

I'll probably get my rogue to 50 before Cleric hits r6 and I'm fine with that.

My first mmo was lineage where getting to level cap was effectively impossible. I remember how warhammer felt when I capped the xp at RR80...it was fun being OP for a while and then I just got bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterjingo View Post
    To compete on a level playing field? Sadly, as time goes on, you'll need r6 for "skill" based PvP, else you will always be at a serious disadvantage. R6 people who used to destroy me when I was R1 are pretty easy to kill now I'm R6, which in my eyes shows how gear can cover up a lack of skill.
    It's not just the gear, it's also the abilities that the additional ranks open up. Whether it's damage mitigation or additional pvp damage, those extra ranks help.
    Shayde@Seastone

Ascendant

you need to find builds that work at each gear/rank level. realize you will not kill everyone. find the right targets and have as much fun as you can during the awful awful grind, which is by design not fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post

hard to enjoy when you get destroyed in a couple GCDs because they have the lootz and you don't.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post

And here is the problem. Not many people actually enjoy warfronts. They are necessary to grind those prestige ranks and valor for gear but once that's all said and done what do we have?...We have more warfronts. This is what discourages me every day from continueing the pvp "grind". I would like the end all be all to be some RvR or world pvp, not these boring old warfronts.
    Last edited by Octavian2011; 06-20-2011 at 12:17 PM.

You're obviously not a PvPer so it shouldn't bother you that you can't get PvP gear.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

obviously OP....you didnt learn how to AFK farm in WF's or you wouldnt be complaining about this.
    In the dusts of hell Lurked the blackest of hates, For he who eats fear awaits you
    RIFT Mantra: Exploit Now and Exploit Often, You wont be punished!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast