+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What to spend first Valor pts on, please

Default What to spend first Valor pts on, please

Hi all,

I just turned 50, I've bought my PvP soul, and I have quite a bit of Valor on me to spend. I have very crappy PvE solo questing gear.

Any tips what I should first start considering to purchase, and what to save for? I'm a bit overwhelmed.

Thanks!

Assuming you meant favor instead of valor; get whatever you need. If you have any decent PvE items, skip that particular piece of PvP gear. Otherwise just get whatever R1/R2 items you can and save up for the R4 weapon. The favor grind kicks in around R5 if you spend too liberally, so just make sure you're planning ahead so that you don't hit R6 and then have to grind 1 million favor.
    Last edited by Kayoh; 06-19-2011 at 11:30 PM.

I went to click on very cute kitty in a town, I thought maybe they'd be an emote or the cat would meow, instead I murdered it... and looted a Cat Tear...
    This mace was made for swingin'
    So that's just what I'll do
    Pop Rage of the North and **** all over you

Thanks! /10 chars

If you play a lot and will level fast in Warfronts, I'd not buy more than 1-2 pvp items yet. I'd grab the chest at (I think it's) R2 or R3, because you can put a +50 valor rune on it, and maybe 1-2 other high valor pieces.

I'd then try my best to hold off until I was R5 or even R6 because if you buy a lot as you level you'll hit R6 and not have any favor left for the best stuff...

BUT, if you level more slowly and will spend a long time at R2, R3, R4, I'd grab a few more pieces so you're tougher, and just accept that you'll have to grind more after hitting R6 for the top gear.

I hit R5 and realized that when I hit R6 I'm only going to have enough favor to buy 1, maybe 2 items, then will have to grind even more. It's ok, but I wish I'd bought less at the early ranks and saved favor.

Z

PS- I also found that I could get just as good a weapon from the AH or doing some dungeons and didn't spend the favor on a R4 PvP weapon. I have better, and saved (I think it is) 80,000 favor to put towards armor that gives me valor. (th weapons don't)
    Last edited by Znick; 06-20-2011 at 08:29 AM.

The Order of the Silver Hand is recruiting! Dayblind - Guardian - www.TheOrderoftheSilverHand.com

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Znick View Post
    If you play a lot and will level fast in Warfronts, I'd not buy more than 1-2 pvp items yet. I'd grab the chest at (I think it's) R2 or R3, because you can put a +50 valor rune on it, and maybe 1-2 other high valor pieces.

I'd then try my best to hold off until I was R5 or even R6 because if you buy a lot as you level you'll hit R6 and not have any favor left for the best stuff...

BUT, if you level more slowly and will spend a long time at R2, R3, R4, I'd grab a few more pieces so you're tougher, and just accept that you'll have to grind more after hitting R6 for the top gear.

I hit R5 and realized that when I hit R6 I'm only going to have enough favor to buy 1, maybe 2 items, then will have to grind even more. It's ok, but I wish I'd bought less at the early ranks and saved favor.

Z

PS- I also found that I could get just as good a weapon from the AH or doing some dungeons and didn't spend the favor on a R4 PvP weapon. I have better, and saved (I think it is) 80,000 favor to put towards armor that gives me valor. (th weapons don't)
    Humm I bought the rank 4 pvp bow while I was level 42, but I wf my levels.
    50 Warrior
    50 Mage
    50 Defiant cleric
    50 rogue
    50 Defiant Mage

Ascendant

I bought every item possible except the shoulders. I had to grind about 50k for my weapon. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.. having that valor asap really makes the r2-6 time go by faster.

edit : but if I had T3 gear from raiding I probably wouldn't.
    Last edited by ururu; 06-20-2011 at 08:49 AM.

It depends a bit on your class and how much you PvE.

For most people, I'd get all the p1/p2 gear that's available. It's actually really cheap then you're decked out in epics.

If you're a glass cannon anyway (dps warrior, mage, mm) PvE gear is fine. You're trying to burst people down, you survive by killing first, get the best stats you can. I wouldn't bother with the rings and necklaces as dps unless they're a big upgrade.

If you're a Cleric or want to tank people, it's probably worth getting lots of favor gear as the valor will make a huge difference. You'll be trying to get good hit/fouAlso healing Clerics dont really need hit/focus so all the gear and the weapons work nearly as well for PvE as the dungeon gear does. (I've healed greenscale, etc. with only PvP gear.)

Most people starting today skip most of the p3/p4 gear. Get the cheap early stuff and then save for p5/p6.

You all have been very helpful, I appreciate it. I seems buying the p1 and p2 gear is best for me, and then saving for p5 and p6 gear.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Oyjord View Post
    Hi all,

I just turned 50, I've bought my PvP soul, and I have quite a bit of Valor on me to spend. I have very crappy PvE solo questing gear.

Any tips what I should first start considering to purchase, and what to save for? I'm a bit overwhelmed.

Thanks!
    What i did was replace all the blues and greens i had first than went with whatever was the lowest prestige gear i had and replaced it with new stuff after the blues and greens were gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    if i can't be happy no one can be happy!!!!!!!1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gualtiero View Post
    It takes to long to clear trash and the boss is too hard! Nerf the whole raid!
    The dude playing that warrior is better than me! Nerf his whole class!
    The OP types the truth! Nerf his keyboard!
    Ladyfae Def Cleric R40 Bidnis Def Warrior R19 Shortdawg Guard Rogue R7

My personal idea with this stuff is I tried to make sure every piece of gear had valor on it, regardless of pvp rank item. Once I get a whole set then save till R5-R6.

I pvp a ton and knew I had time while working towards R5 (where i am now) so I had extra favor and got some other items but I knew I would build it back up fast enough.

+ Reply to Thread