+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tactics in Codex

Default Tactics in Codex

Hi guys,
    I never really took notice, but Codex gives +5, Statue/Scope gives +3, and how much does the Vault give every few seconds?

I came out of Codex a couple of times yesterday on the verge of tearing out all my hair in frustration when a premade of R6 'Pros' (as they called themselves)/Trolls/Griefers and decided that the only way to win the warfront was to have 10 people 'defend' the Codex, and I quote verbatim 'If you don't have the Codex you can't win, everyone knows that, L2P NOOB'.

So the main point I'm trying to make is that I wonder if people realised that Codex was more about tactics than anything else - you want to have an advantage in point generation, which is accomplished by
    a) Capping and holding the 'Pillars' (I won't call them points so as not to create confusion)
    b) Making your opponents 'Pillars' neutral by assaulting them so that they do no generate points
    c) You need some variance of simple addition to note that holding the Scope & Statue at the same time gives you more points than just holding Codex.
    Rosette
    Warrior Tank & DPS
    <I III III VII>
    Guardians, Dayblind

Rift Disciple

You can win without Codex for sure. But holding Codex and one other is the easiest way to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurso View Post
    You can win without Codex for sure. But holding Codex and one other is the easiest way to win.
    So the next question is, can people do Math?
    Or, rather,
    Does being R6 instantly make you an icon of knowledge and wisdom such that all must bow down to your command in a warfront, when you can't do simple math?

Point is, people only hold codex and nothing else.
    Rosette
    Warrior Tank & DPS
    <I III III VII>
    Guardians, Dayblind

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rosette View Post
    So the next question is, can people do Math?
    Or, rather,
    Does being R6 instantly make you an icon of knowledge and wisdom such that all must bow down to your command in a warfront, when you can't do simple math?

Point is, people only hold codex and nothing else.
    No, being R6 makes people ****s but thats for another thread.

Rift Disciple

You have to think about how your actions can influence the result of a match. As a rogue, every WF is situational for me. I never stick with any particular soul.

In codex for instance, Nightblade spec nearly takes any flag any time you would like. With blackout, six seconds of immunity to damage, you can take the codex flag from the beginning. That is a contribution no other can offer as a rogue. What will allow you to keep dex, is if you have the backup to put pressure on everyone else that will be target firing on you, as you cap that flag. If they are targeting you and not doing damage, they aren't damaging your teammates, and your teammates are damaging them. There's a good chance you can keep dex if this occurs.

Secondly, Riftstalker/Sin, with at least 32 points in rift owns the field in mobility. Not only do you have two warps while stealthed, you have memory recall. I personally like to fly all around the map, and drop a memory recall point at dex. I can nab two flags and be back at dex in no time. It's things like this that can influence a battle, and if specced properly, rift/sin actually makes a suitable alternative to a straight on Sin class. I personally don't like 51 sin because of lack of mobility. I'll go with a less potent class, but more option alternative. Personal preference.

That's what I got for rogue contribution to dex anyways. I have more for other WF's as well.
    Last edited by Cored; 06-19-2011 at 08:51 PM.
    Shard Firsts - Both Warfronts, same shard.

Port Scion personal best: 15 stones in one match. Have you done the same? Unlikely.
    Rank 6 Rogue

To me, PvP is a chess match. The goal is to out think your opponent. If you're just standing there whacking on people you out gear, it might as well be PvE.

For others, it's the exact opposite. Running objectives feels like PvE and it's only PvP to them if they can spend the whole time watching their character hit another player.

I'm going to assume that the people you're playing with aren't stupid. They just 1) care more about smashing faces that winning and 2) know that they're strength is to fight head to head rather than use misdirection. So they're trying to make the whole fight revolve around one node, knowing that the other team cannot possibly beat them strength vs strength.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by NatashaK View Post
    To me, PvP is a chess match. The goal is to out think your opponent. If you're just standing there whacking on people you out gear, it might as well be PvE.

For others, it's the exact opposite. Running objectives feels like PvE and it's only PvP to them if they can spend the whole time watching their character hit another player.

I'm going to assume that the people you're playing with aren't stupid. They just 1) care more about smashing faces that winning and 2) know that they're strength is to fight head to head rather than use misdirection. So they're trying to make the whole fight revolve around one node, knowing that the other team cannot possibly beat them strength vs strength.

I think similar in a way. Everything has a chess effect to it. If you are making a move, what's the reason?

I obviously can't tell people what to do, but mindlessly fighting at the first node in codex (or even dex for that matter), or at the guardian's high ramp in Port, or even in the middle in Whitefalls is complete and utter uselessness to me in my mind. It adds nothing to the battle, especially in Whitefalls, where every person you kill, respawns them back at the beginning where your teammates are TRYING to pick up the flag to run with. Your encouraging their defense, and actually contributing to it. For instance, upon respawn, do you not either run over to your flag first, or at least check it for opposition prior to running out into the field? Of course you do.

I like to think logically as well.
    Last edited by Cored; 06-19-2011 at 09:14 PM.

Port Scion personal best: 15 stones in one match. Have you done the same? Unlikely.
    Rank 6 Rogue

Ofc is holding codex and a 2nd base (scope or statue for easiest support from-to codex) the 'easiest mathematical' way to win the Codex, however, holding 2 bases for sure and recapping their 2nd base ongoing while capping codex from time to time too leads as well to a win.

As a sidenote: Something I adore are the people fighting the tank with 2 pocket healers (and guess what? they don't even 'bother' to harm the healers at all) just below our spawn point in BG while the rest of the opposite team tries out all possible emotes while keeping the FC alive.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by StuffedDuck View Post
    Ofc is holding codex and a 2nd base (scope or statue for easiest support from-to codex) the 'easiest mathematical' way to win the Codex, however, holding 2 bases for sure and recapping their 2nd base ongoing while capping codex from time to time too leads as well to a win.

As a sidenote: Something I adore are the people fighting the tank with 2 pocket healers (and guess what? they don't even 'bother' to harm the healers at all) just below our spawn point in BG while the rest of the opposite team tries out all possible emotes while keeping the FC alive.
    You would be surprised how many need direction in this game. Don't feel ashamed to tell newbs what to do each and every WF. What I personally don't care for is the jackazz that insults every new person expecting them to know what to do, if you find yourself falling behind in the beginning.

You win some, you lose some. Sometimes you get streaks in winning, and sometimes it's losing. I don't expect everyone to know everything though.
    Last edited by Cored; 06-19-2011 at 09:36 PM.

Rank 6 Rogue

+ Reply to Thread