+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Eradicate spam needs to stop, it's too effective and easy.

Default Eradicate spam needs to stop, it's too effective and easy.

I am at barely above 600 valor now, and all that needs to even look at me to totally make me USELESS, is a stupid eradicate spamming MM.

I cannot do anything but die, my hots get dispelled twice as fast as I can put them up, he can literally, if he has a better bow than the 32ish DPS one, they can SOLO me with a timed silence.

You are forced to cast, all they have to do is every other GCD hit eradicate, and every other GCD, work on combo points, with improved hit and run > deadeye shot instant spam.

No healer should be getting soloed by 1 semi decently geared DPS, especially a healer with 600+ valor.

Erad spam is no skill, and too easy AND too effective in group PvP.

Your premade can literally NEGATE 2 clerics hots, having a designated MM spamming the piss out of eradicate.
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 06-19-2011 at 07:31 PM.

*grabs popcorn*

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    I am at barely above 600 valor now, and all that needs to even look at me to totally make me USELESS, is a stupid eradicate spamming MM.

I cannot do anything but die, my hots get dispelled twice as fast as I can put them up, he can literally, if he has a better bow than the 32ish DPS one, they can SOLO me with a timed silence.

You are forced to cast, all they have to do is every other GCD hit eradicate, and every other GCD, work on combo points, with improved hit and run > deadeye shot instant spam.

No healer should be getting soloed by 1 semi decently geared DPS, especially a healer with 600+ valor.

Erad spam is no skill, and too easy AND too effective in group PvP.

Your premade can literally NEGATE 2 clerics hots, having a designated MM spamming the piss out of eradicate.
    Let me see if I am interpreting this correctly. A healer shouldnt be able to be killed by any 1 person?

At least you are unbiased.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    Let me see if I am interpreting this correctly. A healer shouldnt be able to be killed by any 1 person?

A healer should not be able to be soloed by a class less geared than you by a long shot, especially if you have 600 valor and know WTF you are doing.

Champion of Telara

A healer should not be able to be soloed by a class less geared than you by a long shot, especially if you have 600 valor and know WTF you are doing.
    So you dont think skill should be a major factor?

It should but a dps of equal skill substancially less geared than you should not be able to solo you nor negate TWO clerics hots at the same time either, by hitting one button.

Plane Walker

If a healer is dependent on buffs (be they short or long term), then a class that can strip you of buffs quickly and efficiently can and will solo you, especially if they are burning high spike CD's. That's the way the game works.

Also, I see no evidence to indicate that you "know WTF you are doing" either, especially with this kind of QQ post.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

lol
    10 characters

Rift Disciple

Too many people making too many complaints about an ability that's not even all that.

It's very likely that every rogue has specced for eradicate to try it out, but only a percentage have kept it and use it, or most eventually switched for a hybrid build later. Is this not a true statement?

Let's put some mild thought into this.

In a stacked premade, you can find groups with 15-30 buffs on them at any one time. As these buffs wear, they are stacked back on the individual. Should you try to dispel these buffs on any one target, it's likely your going to get rolled by the half dozen to dozen others who have the same buffs, before you can even dispel the first target fully. The end result means you didn't do much of anything overall.

Secondly, it's rare you get a true 1 on 1 fight. Eradicate could be useful for that, but it's very situational. Thinking to myself, I wouldn't be specced for Eradicate when hybrid makes more sense to me. I am not seeking out 1 on 1's on this specific soul. However, I like the AoE damage and higher damage options personally.

The average gamer is not going to have 15-30 buffs on them at any given time. Most don't stack premades or various combinations of classes that way. Most people won't have enough buffs on them that will make or break a fight or even keep them alive for an autowin. Let's just point out a mostly true statement. If you don't have 15-30 buffs on you, you are prone to getting your butt kicked, as it comes down to pure skill, and not being carried by the hots/buffs. Eradicate won't often decide a battle overall, but could make a slight advantage to the rogue 1 on 1. If you are sitting on 6 buffs, and one or two of them are hots, that's not enough to keep you alive even if you were dispelled using eradicate. It's not game changing enough.

I personally feel the best suggestion offered by this board so far is to strip someone entirely of all buffs, and put it on cooldown. It's a high spec that is extremely situational. It doesn't make or break battles, and I think a more thorough suggestion would be to ask, how many really spec for it, keep it, and use it? Has it made or broke battles?

So far in all BG's I've been in, it pretty much goes unnoticed overall in the final result.
    Last edited by Cored; 06-19-2011 at 08:27 PM.

Telaran

Actually, the marksman would need another person to deal damage while he spams eradicate. The healer can easily heal the auto attacks and poisons of a MM with instant heals on 10 second timers.

Good healers take about 3-4 people to kill them; forget it if 2-3 good healers are cross-healing. You need well-coordinated CC and heal debuffs.

Shield of Telara

Lol @ skill... Eradicate isn't skill. Nor is any ranged rogue especially marksman.

Quote Originally Posted by RavingLunatic View Post
    If a healer is dependent on buffs (be they short or long term), then a class that can strip you of buffs quickly and efficiently can and will solo you, especially if they are burning high spike CD's. That's the way the game works.

Also, I see no evidence to indicate that you "know WTF you are doing" either, especially with this kind of QQ post.
    There's a difference between QQ post and facts.

Clearly explained in the main post of my reasoning, if "so many people" are complaining maybe it's a fact and not an opinion?

It is a fact, no other heal spec cleric can perform near as well as a Warden, due to the loss of all the instants, you are putting yourself at too great of a risk of being interrupted in those dire moments.

There's absolutely no hard counters to any class like a MM counters a Warden, except chloro which is getting patched for that very reason.

So if chloros weakness is getting fixed, warden being as vulnerable to MM that they are should also get attention.

Also I dont know about your cluster, but my cluster is jam packed with MMs, so in by you stating that "it's a rare spec to run into" is completely false, pretty much every WF I am in has at least one MM, most of the time we face 2-3.
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 06-19-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Rift Disciple

I think a lot can be said about skill in this game. A large portion of this game is smashing buttons over and over, but it can get a little personal 1 on 1. However for the most part it's just button smashing.

Don't get me wrong, there are soul specs that require a lot of thinking. As a rogue, riftstalker is one of them for instance. I'd much rather play MM and spam AoE, some strafe, Deadeye, etc, or even Sab and toss bombs all day, but everyone knows each class is situational.
    Last edited by Cored; 06-19-2011 at 09:20 PM.
    Shard Firsts - Both Warfronts, same shard.

Port Scion personal best: 15 stones in one match. Have you done the same? Unlikely.
    Rank 6 Rogue

Eradicate is fine.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Rift Disciple

There's a difference between QQ post and facts.

Clearly explained in the main post of my reasoning, if "so many people" are complaining maybe it's a fact and not an opinion?

It is a fact, no other heal spec cleric can perform near as well as a Warden, due to the loss of all the instants, you are putting yourself at too great of a risk of being interrupted in those dire moments.

There's absolutely no hard counters to any class like a MM counters a Warden, except chloro which is getting patched for that very reason.

So if chloros weakness is getting fixed, warden being as vulnerable to MM that they are should also get attention.

Also I dont know about your cluster, but my cluster is jam packed with MMs, so in by you stating that "it's a rare spec to run into" is completely false, pretty much every WF I am in has at least one MM, most of the time we face 2-3.

My shard lacks MM's with eradicate, it's not even funny. For giggles I'll go MM debuff mode, and we still get wiped. People need to understand that eradicate is not the end all, be all. It really isn't.

However, let me say this. If you had 2-5 MM's all firing eradicate on you, even as warden cleric, ofc your going to feel some pain. It's no different than stacking 2-5 clerics, or 2-5 sabs, or wars, or mages spamming AoE. That's the unfortunate imbalance. Only, with MM spamming eradicate, no one is taking ANY damage directly, as it's all indirectly, and that's the difference.

I can say I have eradicate now, at least for now. I always bounce between respecs. It's not game changing enough to want to keep it 100%. It's underpowered for what I see. I know no one wants to hear that, but as a rogue, it's not to the advantage enough, with proven results, to want to keep my MM specced with it 100% of the time. It's not even close to a game changer to me, and I see the results, or there lack of any time I use it.

What are other MM's opinions? Am I that far off?
    Last edited by Cored; 06-19-2011 at 09:27 PM.
    Shard Firsts - Both Warfronts, same shard.

Port Scion personal best: 15 stones in one match. Have you done the same? Unlikely.
    Rank 6 Rogue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast