+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: "you're only good cuz you have a healer"

Default "you're only good cuz you have a healer"

i dont get this, what does this mean and why do people say it?

are they trying to say we should all solo queue and only fight people with no healers around? Are they mad for losing a 5v2? I hear it quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post

are they trying to say we should all solo queue and only fight people with no healers around? Are they mad for losing a 5v2? I hear it quite a lot.
    People are upset because some people enter Warfronts with Clerics, yet their team rarely has healing Clerics. So they cry about it. But instead of making the healing Cleric funner to play, they are trying to get them nerfed, so that no one plays a healing Cleric.

They really do want Warfronts to be ran, with zero healers on both sides. I just don't know why the fools just don't go to a FPS game, and quit with the QQ Leagues in MMOs.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Plane Touched

It means "I think I would've won if you didn't have any healers helping you"
    People say it because they feel they need to justify their loss to either themselves or you.
    I don't think they're saying we should all solo queue without heals.
    Yes, they are likely angry that they died. Probably because they had a feeling of helplessness in the situation and felt that no matter how good they were it wouldn't change the outcome, which is a pretty depressing thought in a competitive game.

Quote Originally Posted by Argizeos View Post
    It means "I think I would've won if you didn't have any healers helping you"
    People say it because they feel they need to justify their loss to either themselves or you.
    I don't think they're saying we should all solo queue without heals.
    Yes, they are likely angry that they died. Probably because they had a feeling of helplessness in the situation and felt that no matter how good they were it wouldn't change the outcome, which is a pretty depressing thought in a competitive game.
    Yeah, it's justification for a death. Whether or not they were helpless is kind of a moot point, if someone has a healer and you don't; you're probably not going to win.

On that note...
    People are upset because some people enter Warfronts with Clerics, yet their team rarely has healing Clerics. So they cry about it. But instead of making the healing Cleric funner to play, they are trying to get them nerfed, so that no one plays a healing Cleric.

They really do want Warfronts to be ran, with zero healers on both sides. I just don't know why the fools just don't go to a FPS game, and quit with the QQ Leagues in MMOs.
    Agenda much? If you like healing, heal. If you don't, then don't. *Looks at sig*

Clerics will still be great pvp healers after this patch, and they always will be. If you want to *****, try playing a melee cleric. Tell me how underpowered and ignored you are then.

I went to click on very cute kitty in a town, I thought maybe they'd be an emote or the cat would meow, instead I murdered it... and looted a Cat Tear...
    This mace was made for swingin'
    So that's just what I'll do
    Pop Rage of the North and **** all over you

It's like when someone in your team call you "lol killstealer nuv".

It's just another DERP moment sponsored by the FPS generation.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Healing is the most powerful thing in MMO PvP.

In Alterac Valley me (as a warrior) and a Pally once wiped the entire other side twice or thrice over at the last bridge (rest of our side were near their keep). The just keep coming in groups of 2 to 6 and we just kept killing them.

It's fair to say we could only do that because he was a healing Pally (although there were other factors too like our gear and the tight positioning, but without the healing neither would have mattered).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartolomeus D View Post
    Queueing solo should not place you in a warfront against opponents that queued as a group.

It's that simple.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    People are upset because some people enter Warfronts with Clerics, yet their team rarely has healing Clerics.
    Not really, it's more people being annoyed at coming up against premades, however small they might be (2 or 3 players from the same guild/shard together on TS/Vent or whatever) and them also having geared, skilled and good spec'd healing clerics - it can and does totally change a game in their favour.

As for not having healing clerics on your own team, well we have a solution to that - what we do is a number of the rogues go into "scouting" spec mode and if the clerics refuse to change to a healing spec to help their team (it is a team game after all, even if it's a pug) then the rogues refuse to dps. We just run around in stealth mode, scouting the opposition. Yes it's very very annoying but really, if clerics want to pull the usual "I pay for my game, I want to dps not heal" then fine, we pay for our game too so we'll skip into scouting mode and play how we want, enjoy another loss.

They say that because PvP specced rank 6 healing cleric is a higher improvement then a rank 6 dps.
    Which is in reality true.
    Clerics and Warriors are the main winners. Not saying other souls are bad but Cleric and Warrior are the only 2 NEEDED classes in PvP right now.

Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    They say that because PvP specced rank 6 healing cleric is a higher improvement then a rank 6 dps.
    Clerics and Warriors are the main winners. Not saying other souls are bad but Cleric and Warrior are the only 2 NEEDED classes in PvP right now.
    That's complete nonsense.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    Topeka Photography

Plane Walker

The grass is greener on the other side. It doesn't matter what calling you are, there will always be a guy and a thread about how this calling is overpowered and is breaking PvP.

Id take it to mean that in a 1v1 situation, they *think* they would destroy you, and that your PvP skills come from the fact you have a pocket healer.
    Playtime - p4x Guardian Rogue - Bloodiron
    Sma - p4x Guardian Mage - Bloodiron

That's complete nonsense.
    You need a Cleric to heal your team, this part is correct right?
    Premade with a Cleric is superior to premade without a cleric.
    Noone can argue here.
    So we come back to dps.
    You need to be able to push your team (aka, your team is not good if you have only ranged classes)
    To counter a cleric you NEED heal debuff.
    The only spec that doesn't lose high dps is a Warrior.
    Warrior is the only class that can keep you perma Heal debuffed and the debuff can't be cleansed.
    Every other heal debuff can be purge/cleansed.

You need a Cleric to heal your team, this part is correct right?
    Premade with a Cleric is superior to premade without a cleric.
    Noone can argue here.
    So we come back to dps.
    You need to be able to push your team (aka, your team is not good if you have only ranged classes)
    To counter a cleric you NEED heal debuff.
    The only spec that doesn't lose high dps is a Warrior.
    Warrior is the only class that can keep you perma Heal debuffed and the debuff can't be cleansed.
    Every other heal debuff can be purge/cleansed.
    The mage has the best heal debuff, and if they prepare accordingly, and stack DoTs, you probably won't remove it. The Rogue also has the best *burst* DPS, and unless he spams a macro with everything in it, they are a much needed addition to any solid group.

Topeka Photography

The mage has the best heal debuff, and if they prepare accordingly, and stack DoTs, you probably won't remove it. The Rogue also has the best *burst* DPS, and unless he spams a macro with everything in it, they are a much needed addition to any solid group.
    I dont know if you mean Blight or not.
    It can be countered by Deny from Dominator.
    Warrior heal debuff can only be coutnered by shields (same way as all heal debuffs)
    Last edited by joker225; 06-20-2011 at 02:13 AM.

Prophet of Telara

To answer the original question:

Because they didn't realize that joining a warfront meant they were no longer dueling in Meridian/Sanctum. There's probably some congenital defect that prevents them from noticing. Probably one involving being an imbecile.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast