+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43

Thread: Assassin Rogues

  1. #1
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    1,602

    Default Assassin Rogues

    Look Trion. This is not a rage post per se. Just pointing out something stupid with your game. I am a level 50 warrior and wear plate armor with 511 valor. I was going to the portal master in stillmoor (zeraphs return) and got jumped by a rogue who killed me in under 1 second. I could not even react. For those of you easy mode kids who say I am lieing either learn to play or don't post. This is the truth.

    I don't know if it was hacking or bad game design. Probably the later. I just wanted to point out how pathetic the game is and trying to find the fun. The other cleric in the area who was getting ganked over and over by the same easy mode rogue logged off and swore he was quiting the game. This is a reasonable course of action and will save money in the log run. For a different game.

    I don't mind losing in pvp. In fact, playing against hard teams that are challenging is fun. Getting killed by mages or rogues (easy mode kids) in under two seconds is not.

    Fix it or the players will fix it for you. Star Wars is coming out soon

  2. #2
    Plane Walker Shredicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Yeah, I never really understood the whole "nerf pyros they hit for 5k and then got his 3.5k health chewed through" and "buff assassin they hit for 1700+1300+2000 and then disappeared with no risk of retaliation" thing.

  3. #3
    Rift Master Catalysts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Look Trion. This is not a rage post per se. Just pointing out something stupid with your game. I am a level 50 warrior and wear plate armor with 511 valor. I was going to the portal master in stillmoor (zeraphs return) and got jumped by a rogue who killed me in under 1 second.
    So you died to an assassinate crit + crit serpent strike?

    If not it took longer than 1 second.

    If you did, you have less than 3k health at 50 on a warrior.

    What was the real encounter? Seriously. Exaggerating the time frame is common, it always seems faster than it is, or slower than it should be depending on the situation. I am honestly curious as to what really happend, do you have the chat log?

    Cheers.

  4. #4
    Rift Master Catalysts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shredicus View Post
    Yeah, I never really understood the whole "nerf pyros they hit for 5k and then got his 3.5k health chewed through" and "buff assassin they hit for 1700+1300+2000 and then disappeared with no risk of retaliation" thing.
    I'm in the same boat you are on that one. I thought rogues were fine (melee) before thier buff, now if someone isn't ranked and valored up my little Sin can erase them unless they are getting healed/pre-hotted.

    Cheers.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    286

    Default

    I believe there's some slight exaggeration here. If you want to state something as a fact you need proof. No matter how believable it may be. Proof is easy, turn on timestamps and screenshot your combat log.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    451

    Default lol

    Wait lol.. did this guy just say I got killed by a rogue in 1 second then said "learn to play". You sir are my hero for that one. Also you say easy mode rogue and mage whereas warrior is the same easymode type of play as anything else. wars can get by with 2-3 macros, Wars are the most easymode of everything barring maybe a Sabo. Oh and lets not forget dear oh pyro that blows you up because you know they are supa hard to kill yo.

    ~but on a serious note if you got beat that fast by a assasin rogue either you are just making it up or you are a fresh 50, because i can stand on my mage for about 5-8 seconds and not do anything while the sin is beating on me and still manage to kill them. maybe a MM but im just not seeing a Sin doing this to you, sry

  7. #7
    Rift Master Click's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Don't feed the troll. The OP has been whining about all classes, trying to get them nerfed for months.

    These are just some of the threads he made that haven't been locked or deleted, specifically QQ'ing about Rogues and Assassins:

    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...t-science.....

    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?199352-Rogues

    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...d-of-the-Rogue

    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ue-(Version-2)
    Last edited by Click; 06-19-2011 at 04:28 PM.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker Shredicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Ah, yes one of those. We have a rogue version of this guy always making whine posts about mages (lol).

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    191

    Default

    LOL. One shot by a SIN.

    And he was probably 10 ft tall and his name was William Wallace

  10. #10
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    708

    Default

    The only thing he is correct about is the fact Rogues were already fine before 1.2 patch.

    Now their damage especially for certain soul's and combinations is over the top. It's not only their burst but sustained DPS.

    Pyromancers are still stupid either way.

  11. #11
    Fik
    Fik is offline
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    347

    Default

    I never quite understood why pyro is getting nerf, with the red ball gone, they barely really pose a threat to me anymore. That's how I see it on my mage when I play other soul builds. Rogues and wars on the other hand just destroy me, and I have very little defence to stop them. Rogues especially, all I ever see is immune immune and them smashing my face for double crits for 1500 each. Whle all this is happening my heavy duty dot is ticking for 98 dmg or i see a ton of grey icons then a pop up message that says you got rolled.

  12. #12
    General of Telara PVStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    972

    Default

    Someone please link the assassin build that can kill players in 1 GCD, please.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

  13. #13
    Champion Vaeranth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    582

    Default

    People always ask why I play 51Sin.

    Well, now the secret is out, it's because I kill people in less than a second.

  14. #14
    Rift Master Click's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fik View Post
    I never quite understood why pyro is getting nerf, with the red ball gone, they barely really pose a threat to me anymore.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zjmSDhntdE&hd=1

    Quote Originally Posted by Fik View Post
    That's how I see it on my mage when I play other soul builds.
    lol

  15. #15
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Click View Post
    Indeed.

    The only reason Pyromancers should have their damage left alone is if they have a lot of things removed. People keep saying their survivability is bad but the thing is they don't even need it to be that good with their damage.

    They need to remove this whole crowd control immunity crap from GoS, in fact, remove GoS, just make it a better damage version only of GoP none of this immunity and resist garbage. Glass Cannon remember.

    Remove Flicker, remove stun decrease duration and remove Burning Shield and Fire shield.

    Once that stuff is removed then they can keep their damage the way it is and the "Glass Cannon" Title will be proper.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts