+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

Thread: Port of scion is now PvE fest

  1. #1
    Rift Master bubulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    656

    Default Port of scion is now PvE fest

    Gee, thanks Trion.

    I stopped playing warfronds for a while after I hit rank 6.

    Today I joined my 1st port of scion, OMFG, two teams just rushed to bosses and down them...

    I was the only defiant harassing guardian team on our boss and my petit efforts really didn't help much.

    You cannot expect PuG teams to assign some members to go defense. The easiest and fasted win is to just down bosses.

    Port of Scion is now basically tank and spank favor farming land.

    Not everything Blizzard did should be copied. Just saying. ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    mage - the garbage man, taking out the trash.

  2. #2
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bubulu View Post
    Not everything Blizzard did should be copied. Just saying. ....
    Dear Trion,
    Please stop copying WoW, the reason for WoW's success isn't in it's gameplay and mechanics, it's because it's a Warcraft MMO that's been heavily marketed and had 10+ years of fanfare leading up to it from a company that everyone used to love. If you just Copy WoW's formula you will fail because the formula isn't very good and you don't have the history fanfare and good graces to get a pass on it's failings the way WoW does.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Satiar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego, Cali
    Posts
    2,238

    Default

    It's sad that I actually use my PvE raid spec and raid gear when I do Scion now. Oh well. Gotta do dailies, and I really want that rune....
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

    Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

  4. #4
    General of Telara Sunspots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Hey Satiar, were you from Runes of Magic?

    Sunspots the Retired
    Once R8 Guardian Cleric of Seastone
    Proud Alumni of [breaking bads]

    Observe my Past Glory in Video Format here!!

  5. #5
    Ascendant Satiar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego, Cali
    Posts
    2,238

    Default

    Yes. I moved over here with about half of Legacy.

    And...you would be Sunspots from Valky, eh?
    Last edited by Satiar; 06-19-2011 at 02:05 PM.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

    Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

  6. #6
    General of Telara Sunspots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Indeed, though I didn't travel with anyone. I think a fair amount stil play RoM.

    Sunspots the Retired
    Once R8 Guardian Cleric of Seastone
    Proud Alumni of [breaking bads]

    Observe my Past Glory in Video Format here!!

  7. #7
    Ascendant Satiar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego, Cali
    Posts
    2,238

    Default

    I'm still sad you never gave me your vent info. I must have played upwards of 20 matches against you guys, not to mention arena fights, and never got to chat with ya
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

    Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

  8. #8
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    Dear Trion,
    Please stop copying WoW, the reason for WoW's success isn't in it's gameplay and mechanics, it's because it's a Warcraft MMO that's been heavily marketed and had 10+ years of fanfare leading up to it from a company that everyone used to love. If you just Copy WoW's formula you will fail because the formula isn't very good and you don't have the history fanfare and good graces to get a pass on it's failings the way WoW does.
    That was so beautiful it brought a tear to my eye. I would like to have it framed and sent to the Trion dev team for inspiration.

  9. #9
    General of Telara Sunspots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post
    I'm still sad you never gave me your vent info. I must have played upwards of 20 matches against you guys, not to mention arena fights, and never got to chat with ya
    It wasn't my call, it was Vinz's. You wrote some negative things about Valk in a post somewhere and he really didn't like you much because of it. I was always the public face of Valk, but i deferred to him for all decisions.

    And anyways, we had alot of reason to be dissapointed that you guys bowed out before giving us a chance to take some of your siege points. But who cares, different game, different time.

    Sunspots the Retired
    Once R8 Guardian Cleric of Seastone
    Proud Alumni of [breaking bads]

    Observe my Past Glory in Video Format here!!

  10. #10
    Ascendant Satiar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego, Cali
    Posts
    2,238

    Default

    Ah, that makes more sense. Yeah, didn't like Vinz a whole lot. Ported on me one too many times for me to give him the benefit of the doubt.

    Anyways.

    Nice to see ya over here in this game
    Last edited by Satiar; 06-19-2011 at 04:02 PM.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

    Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    139

    Default

    At the risk of getting flamed I think Port Scion is fine. Heres why:

    1) Running shards it pretty PvE like in the first place

    2) To run shards you need to PvE anyway (killing NPCs)

    3) If the other team attacks your boss do you just surrender? Or do you defend him (i.e. PvP)

    4) The PvP during a boss fight is more dynamic and intense than the rest of the Port Scion PvP

    Really, all this crying PvE foul seems to be from people that have no ability to adapt to a match that has a bunch of different strategies to win. If running shards and killing player is the only thing you are capable of doing then Whitefall is the WF for you.
    Last edited by Kurso; 06-19-2011 at 08:13 PM.

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Really hope GW2 can deliver...like their ideas but been burned to many times by MMOs lately

  13. #13
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurso View Post
    At the risk of getting flamed I think Port Scion is fine. Heres why:

    1) Running shards it pretty PvE like in the first place

    2) To run shards you need to PvE anyway (killing NPCs)

    3) If the other team attacks your boss do you just surrender? Or do you defend him (i.e. PvP)

    4) The PvP during a boss fight is more dynamic and intense than the rest of the Port Scion PvP

    Really, all this crying PvE foul seems to be from people that have no ability to adapt to a match that has a bunch of different strategies to win. If running shards and killing player is the only thing you are capable of doing then Whitefall is the WF for you.
    It has nothing to do with capability or adapting. PvPers don't want to PvE. How would you feel if the opposite faction was randomly released into greenscale to gank you?

    There's not enough PvP in this game as it is for a game that was touted to be built from the ground up with PvP in mind...
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched phantiasmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Actually the pve mini bosses draw pvp into different points on the map than normal.

    A hero spawns and if you suspect other team is going to run the hero to your final boss everyone rallies to take it out but you end up with a lot of pvp at a random spot on the map.

    And personally the epic bridge fights can be fun as hell sometimes haha.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    It has nothing to do with capability or adapting. PvPers don't want to PvE. How would you feel if the opposite faction was randomly released into greenscale to gank you?

    There's not enough PvP in this game as it is for a game that was touted to be built from the ground up with PvP in mind...
    Opposing faction runs into open world raid all the time. Never had someone mess with your raid rift?

    Port Scion did not evolve into a PvE fest, it was designed with PvE and PvE elements from the start. As I stated, if you want to run shards and kill people without NPCs then play Whitefall.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts