+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So PVP is Next Right?

Rift Disciple

Default So PVP is Next Right?

...basically just what the title says.

just a couple quick things.

1) I love this game, I think its a ton of fun.

2) Love a lot of the ideas people have here about changing the warfronts up a bit, keep sieges, etc.

the only thing I really want to get at is, When and Is new PVP coming?

P.S. I don't want to seem like I'm cartman from south park who freezes himself in expectation of the wii... just would like to know some info!

thanks in advance

Rift Disciple

bump

10char

Rift Disciple

Check the Dev Tracker. There was a post recently about the direction of PVP and new content/balancing.

Another pile of instanced crap is coming in 1.3 for those of you who like massive group warfronts, a 40 man warfront is coming out. Also Open World PvP dailys are coming so those of us sick of instanced crap can maybe (just maybe) have some fun.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    Another pile of instanced crap is coming in 1.3 for those of you who like massive group warfronts, a 40 man warfront is coming out. Also Open World PvP dailys are coming so those of us sick of instanced crap can maybe (just maybe) have some fun.
    well i suppose more PVP is good.. options at least.

I'm with you though, we need to get players to non-instanced non-crap pvp.

I just can't figure out whats up with the pvp. I have three guesses, (could be a combination of all 3)

Correct me if I'm wrong, these are total guesses

1) they are worried massively about latency issues with mass keep siege type things

2) Money, money, money... maybe it takes a lot to make good rvr... maybe they are kinda capped out for now.

3) Maybe they are just holding out on us. Maybe they say, well most people are still leveling and such, we might get a few subs canceled, but soon we'll add more excitement... say in 6 months we will add good pvp so that the game can feel new again. (so basically just like a marketingish type scheme)

either way, (I might end all my posts this way) still love the game,would just like some more pvp, could be a real fun time.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    this is why they don't bother making new content

the only people complaining that there isn't enough pvp objectives in the game are the same group that will complain that any effort to improve pvp in the game isn't good enough.

there is no pleasing the crowd of qq, so not worth it to try. if the devs got a response more like "awesome new content on its way, world pvp quests, and even a new warfront!" then they would be encouraged to make more content.

Instead its just "crap, people want more pvp stuff", "they are still mad even though we made more pvp stuff, screw it back to making raids"

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    this is why they don't bother making new content

the only people complaining that there isn't enough pvp objectives in the game are the same group that will complain that any effort to improve pvp in the game isn't good enough.

there is no pleasing the crowd of qq, so not worth it to try. if the devs got a response more like "awesome new content on its way, world pvp quests, and even a new warfront!" then they would be encouraged to make more content.

Instead its just "crap, people want more pvp stuff", "they are still mad even though we made more pvp stuff, screw it back to making raids"
    well come on buddy, I don't think that's fair at all to say.

The pvp right now is just not all that great... I'm glad for any improvements, truly.

and here's the kicker... it seems like it COULD be real quick. I'm very optimistic, otherwise i'd just quit.

+ Reply to Thread