+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marksman's Deaden - longer cd for better silence chance

Telaran

Default Marksman's Deaden - longer cd for better silence chance

Hi, marksman's Deaden has really poor chance for silence, for my mind it 5% with 15 sec cd now. Why don't make it better chance for longer cd?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by happyhorror View Post
    it has a 100% chance to silence. if you interrupt a spell.

Hi, marksman's Deaden has really poor chance for silence, for my mind it 5% with 15 sec cd now. Why don't make it better chance for longer cd?
    It works fine, learn to time it instead of spamming it in a macro.

Marsman does not need to be made easier.

Cheers.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    This is not true. I have tried it many times on their almighty channeling spells and a very high chance to fail. Maybe they have put this f**king immune on this skill since it includes a Silence. This makes it like a lottery skill in PvP because there is no way to know if your enemy is in immune mode then. And since it is castable and deals no damage, does nothing even if your enemy is not casting anything, you can't use it as an reactivative skill. It is pointless to make it off GCD as well. I suspect they don't realize the defect and contradiction behind the design of this skill. A reactivative skill that is always casted instead of casting on reaction? Or an interrupt which has a CD and works by chance?

If they insist on their IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE CAMPAIGN, at least they should make the interrupt part works at a 100% chance and let the silencing part work with that 'HEY HEY I AM IMMUNE' Cool Downs.

It fails if your opponent is immune to CC from DR, or if your not interrupting a cast.

L2P before you come spam the forums with your QQ.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Catalysts View Post
    It works fine, learn to time it instead of spamming it in a macro.

Marsman does not need to be made easier.

Cheers.
    I'm going to challenge this statement. MM is not easy mode in any way. It's VERY convenient to mass AoE quickly, however armor is like paper, and survivability is low. The most devistating MM's, are the one's that the group of opponents ignore. The longer you allow an MM to live, obviously the more AoE he's going to wreck on you.

1 on 1 is entirely a different situation. Just as iffy survival wise, but very potent for damage if played well.
    Last edited by Cored; 06-19-2011 at 10:48 PM.
    Shard Firsts - Both Warfronts, same shard.

Port Scion personal best: 15 stones in one match. Have you done the same? Unlikely.
    Rank 6 Rogue

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    "if you interrupt" happens with 5% chance - this is what i talking about, why don't make it 2 minut CD with 50% chance? Because now it like Lottery - you die in any case because this skill never happens when needed...

Banned

Its not a % chance.

IF you land it whilst a cast bar is in progress AND IF they're not immune to cc due to diminishing returns it will silence.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    Its not a % chance.

IF you land it whilst a cast bar is in progress AND IF they're not immune to cc due to diminishing returns it will silence.
    Indeed, doing it do someone already engaged in combat will be more likely to fail, it is the same for all CCs sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cored View Post
    I'm going to challenge this statement. MM is not easy mode in any way. It's VERY convenient to mass AoE quickly, however armor is like paper, and survivability is low. The most devistating MM's, are the one's that the group of opponents ignore. The longer you allow an MM to live, obviously the more AoE he's going to wreck on you.

1 on 1 is entirely a different situation. Just as iffy survival wise, but very potent for damage if played well.
    You're going to challenge a statement by using an arguement against a statement which wasn't made? Interesting approach.

I never said it was "easymode" I said it didn't need to be made easier.

A class that can perform as well as a well played MM, with all of the tools available to it, and the potentially monstrous damage it can lay down with and without cooldowns should not be "easymode". Thus I said it dosen't need to be "easier".

Also in your 1v1 scenario quite a few classes have no chance against a well played MM. If he is stupid and chases you into close quarters or an area he cannot kite or maximize his range advantage, well that's his bad. But in many situations a MM can flat out destroy well over half of the classes in Rift that don't use a mana bar if the MM has his range advantage at the start.

A MM being a beast in a group or a 1v1 setting though is dependant on one of two things. Is the MM good? Are the opponents bad?

Cheers.
    PvE vs PvP gear. Solution: Equal gear, for Equal time invested.

Banned

Wheras a cleric just needs to be a cleric, and if he dies even once in a wf he's bad.

Hmm, and after I wonder why people, like this guy, who completely noob who does not know there is a DRs, and tcan not read description to ability and using it in macro spamming 2-3 buttons and think they are good. Coming to forum crying about that they can't kill mage or cleric (healer). I have advise for u brother. Login in game today , and do what I say, I think it gona healp u. CLICK ON DELETE ON BOTTOM OF UR LOGIN SCREEN----> THEN TYPE DELETE UNDER THAT CHAR.
    Last edited by Rexxarr; 06-20-2011 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cored View Post

Here is what i was telling u guys another noob came and telling that MM is hard to play. To ur consideration MM is the easiest SOUL to play from all rogues soul, and who does not agree with me ether rank 1-3 or people who CAN NOT PLAY FOR ****! ANd about survivability of MM u WRONG, I guess if u playing MM who is dying every min in WF, so buddy listen up carefully, On my MM I can Kill 2 rank- 6 warriors and do not lose any HP. The same going for melee rogues..... that they are kittible and maybe u all forget MM 35 RANGE USE IT!!!

Banned

Warriors are easier to play.
    Mages are easier to play.
    Clerics - well if you die frankly delete now as you suck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast