+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This is a question for all survivability specced warriors in WFs.

Default This is a question for all survivability specced warriors in WFs.

I'm a cleric, why you standin' behind me?

I hate it when tanks are timid. It's a major turn off.

They do this in all games, you get the dumbasses who sit in the backline with a sword and shield on waiting for everything to die its really annoying especially when they usually just ranged CC targets to give free immunities or attempt to act like a caster.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandrin View Post
    They do this in all games, you get the dumbasses who sit in the backline with a sword and shield on waiting for everything to die its really annoying especially when they usually just ranged CC targets to give free immunities or attempt to act like a caster.
    Exactly. I've seen it in Aion too, but coming from Lineage 2 where being a tank in PvP is actually viable, I'm used to tanks just jumping into the middle of 20 enemies, taunting them (taunt works in PvP in L2) and being usefull. At least in RIFT it would be nice if they took the front lines, even if they can't make people attack them, it's still useful for them to be the first ones in. They shouldn't be behind anyone.

Also, it would be groovy to ask for 1 DPS to stick to the healer to get off any stealthed rogues that try to dropkick me in the face, but I think now I'm pushing my luck.

The reason healing is so hard in this game is because the DPS are all diving into the fray, the tanks are all standing behind me, and I have rogues stabbing me the whole time. Other games i've played people manage to stick to distinct battle lines. I wonder what's different about RIFT.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 06-19-2011 at 09:04 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post

Probably as much of a turn off as it is for them to continually run into battle and not get a heal, because the cleric is standing way in the back healing the bads killing the one tank that pushed forward into our lines.

Not saying that cleric is you, just saying in pugs folks get used to horrible play and it shapes their own play style. So you have warriors not charging in, you have rogues running around ganking, clerics in DPS spec when we have no healer, and mages standing far in the back dpsing tanks. It is all part of ensuring our pug warfronts are as horrible as possible.

General of Telara Doktor_Ljubavi's Avatar

Why play a warrior at all if you're not running into the fray? ****, that's the only reason I play my alt warrior. Just charge in there, and start ****ing people up.
    http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv43/Unholiologist/fictionsaysninjaassassin.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor_Ljubavi View Post
    Why play a warrior at all if you're not running into the fray? ****, that's the only reason I play my alt warrior. Just charge in there, and start ****ing people up.
    Transfer to Reclaimer nao. NAO!

RIFT Guide Writer Sekhmet The Fierce's Avatar

Wait, they were trying to turn you on to begin with?

"Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein."
    He who fights with Monsters should look to it that He himself does not become a Monster. And when you gaze long into an Abyss, the Abyss also gazes into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Sekhmet The Fierce View Post
    Wait, they were trying to turn you on to begin with?

The expression on your avatar's face is just perfect for this post.

I also played L2 (as well as warhammer) and ya, defensive tanks had a strong role in PvP. If tanks could defend better, Clerics wouldn't need as much defense as they have now. As it stands now, the Cleric is the PvP tank and the Champ hides in the back, waiting for the chance to strike.

Exactly. I've seen it in Aion too, but coming from Lineage 2 where being a tank in PvP is actually viable, I'm used to tanks just jumping into the middle of 20 enemies, taunting them (taunt works in PvP in L2) and being usefull. At least in RIFT it would be nice if they took the front lines, even if they can't make people attack them, it's still useful for them to be the first ones in. They shouldn't be behind anyone.

Also, it would be groovy to ask for 1 DPS to stick to the healer to get off any stealthed rogues that try to dropkick me in the face, but I think now I'm pushing my luck.

The reason healing is so hard in this game is because the DPS are all diving into the fray, the tanks are all standing behind me, and I have rogues stabbing me the whole time. Other games i've played people manage to stick to distinct battle lines. I wonder what's different about RIFT.
    That's why.
    This post is best viewed with

Shadowlander

Did your "tank" bothered to dismount? Mine usually does not.
    Sitting there, moving from left to right slightly and always ready to tactically withdraw if needed.

Gets same favor and he will be fresh for evening raid.

Telaran

This thread is win

It's bizarre how our survival instincts translate into the abstract combat of an MMO. At 50 a tank specced character refusing to get stuck in is just tragic, but (in my experience at least) most players have a vague idea what their role is in max-lvl PvP. But the lower brackets are full of this behaviour.

I'm currently levelling a cleric alt and I every black garden match is the same. I can just hear their inner monologue:

"I'm not running in the middle; there are, like, ennemy players and ****. If I go in first they'll all target me. No way. Someone else can go in first."

"I'll wait for a healer to go into the middle. Yeah. That sounds like a good plan."

"The guy with the thing is behind the tree. What the **** do I do?"

"Must. Kill. That. Pet."

"Wtf healer? Heal me - don't go behind the tree idiot."

"The pet went behind the tree. I'm not gonna follow it. That's what they expect."

"What? I'm still not going in there. Look, all the other guys are spreading out around the middle bit fighting ennemy pets that don't hurt too much. I'll do the same."

Prophet of Telara

playing melee without dedicated healer is the most frustrating experience ever. Try it out some time.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Quote Originally Posted by Atavist View Post
    This thread is win

It's bizarre how our survival instincts translate into the abstract combat of an MMO. At 50 a tank specced character refusing to get stuck in is just tragic, but (in my experience at least) most players have a vague idea what their role is in max-lvl PvP. But the lower brackets are full of this behaviour.

I'm currently levelling a cleric alt and I every black garden match is the same. I can just hear their inner monologue:

"I'm not running in the middle; there are, like, ennemy players and ****. If I go in first they'll all target me. No way. Someone else can go in first."

"I'll wait for a healer to go into the middle. Yeah. That sounds like a good plan."

"The guy with the thing is behind the tree. What the **** do I do?"

"Must. Kill. That. Pet."

"Wtf healer? Heal me - don't go behind the tree idiot."

"The pet went behind the tree. I'm not gonna follow it. That's what they expect."

"What? I'm still not going in there. Look, all the other guys are spreading out around the middle bit fighting ennemy pets that don't hurt too much. I'll do the same."
    I hate black garden as a healer because of everything you just said. Also, that porcupine in the middle LOSing me all the time is getting old. I usually go black garden as a justicar and the first thing I do is run through the middle to my enemies and start spamming even justice. Sure I'm not doing much damage but it scares the hell out of them with the noise

That's how warriors need to play, and I guarantee I'll heal you if you do.

I hate black garden as a healer because of everything you just said. Also, that porcupine in the middle LOSing me all the time is getting old. I usually go black garden as a justicar and the first thing I do is run through the middle to my enemies and start spamming even justice. Sure I'm not doing much damage but it scares the hell out of them with the noise

That's how warriors need to play, and I guarantee I'll heal you if you do.
    In black garden I usually use my paladin build, lots of shielding and team support, always the first on the fang when I play, however... the CD's are pretty bad, u may see me sit back and wait till my CD's are refreshed then I will jump back into the mob of aoe and start dancing

But thats just me, I hardly ever see warriors go paladin build in Black Garden, maybe im missing something here, but a paladin or warlord can really make the raid a lot stronger and harder to kill.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast