+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tank favor in warfronts

Telaran

Default tank favor in warfronts

Are there any other tanks out there playing black garden that feel you are always at the bottom of the pile earning favor? I've had a couple dozen runs where I lead the damage taken for the entire warfront, but consistently get at the bottom of the favor pile. I've attached a screen clip where I held the fang for over two minutes, did some damage, had some kills and still at the bottom of the favor.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...tankscore1.jpg

Here's another where Aelnova (a guildie) and I are both fighting. She is a mage, earns 50 favor more than me. I carry the fang for 54 seconds, give 20% less damage, take twice as much damage, give 3x more healing.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...rift/tank2.jpg

I would think that having a tank in the warfront would be an advantage, or maybe I don't understand how the scoring works. Should I just play only my dps role? It seems having someone draw fire or be able to hold the fang for longer periods would be helpful. Any thoughts?

This is not meant to be whining, but I am curious if this is intended and I should be playing dps instead.

Prophet of Telara

You get points from kills alone. The reason the people in your wf had more favor for the same # of kills is because of foe hunter guild perk most likely. Also, tank warriors (especially if you don't have subdue in the PvP soul) are pretty much worthless in PvP.

Rift Disciple

All favor is split evenly in warfronts now. If someone has more than you they either have some sort of favor bonus like the guild perk or they were in the warfront longer than you.

In that top screen shot that looks like exactly what happened. The top six were the 6 that the warfront originally started with, the other 4 were added in slightly later and missed a few kills.
    Last edited by Serapisphoenix; 06-19-2011 at 07:31 AM.

Telaran

OK, fair enough, although I rarely get put into a warfront that is already in progress. It has happened maybe a couple times.

With regard to the guild bonus, I hadn't thought about that, but it makes sense. So, really there is no advantage to changing to DPS vs. staying a tank... That's good to know. Thanks for all the comments.

There used to be a big gap if you were a healing Cleric (i.e. never tagged the enemy at all) and you spent a good amount of time away from the main action (dead, defending a node, running flags, etc). Since you never touched the enemy and you were no where near it when it died, you never got favor for a good amount of kills. But it's all fixed now.

+ Reply to Thread