+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hackers!!!

Default Hackers!!!

to explain what our entire 15 man raid in whitefall steppes agreed on seeing,

both teams holding sourcestone in their bases, stalemate... guardian side caps while our sourcestone carrier is at full health and NOT being attacked by anything as we are completely overwhelming them. no rogues, no dropping stone accidentally, we physically watched them cap while our carrier was holding stone.

do explain....

In same battle rogues were complaining that a single warrior could see them while stealthed mind you... from 30 yards away.

I play a warrior, they cant do that lol

If you think a hacker is about, write down their name(s) and submit a ticket, with the time and area you saw them in, along with a discription of what they were doing.

Its about the only thing to be done about it.
    Quiver @ Molinar
    <The Enclave>

For most, the first thing they put on in the morning is their underwear. I however put on my headset.

I did, with screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by AApache View Post
    In same battle rogues were complaining that a single warrior could see them while stealthed mind you... from 30 yards away.

What is the range on....

http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/20214...tive-Instincts

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

that could be a possibility on the rogue complaint, doesnt say what the range is, since i play a warrior i was able to look but it doesnt say.
    i dont think its 30 yards, but maybe it is
    Last edited by AApache; 06-19-2011 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    If you think a hacker is about, write down their name(s) and submit a ticket, with the time and area you saw them in, along with a discription of what they were doing.

Its about the only thing to be done about it.
    Though simply punishing hackers won't solve the problem unless the potential hacks are identified and fixed. Let's hope they investigate beyond confirming a hacker and throwing a suspension hammer at him in hopes that he doesn't unsubscribe but somehow learns his lesson.

screenshots? video?
    CPU i7 970 @ 4.4GHz - Motherboard Rampage 3 Extreme - Memory 16GB Sector 7
    GPU MSI 6970s (crossfire/OC 950/1450) - SSDOCZ RevoDriveX2 PCI-Express - Win7 Ultimate 64x

Telaran

to explain what our entire 15 man raid in whitefall steppes agreed on seeing,

both teams holding sourcestone in their bases, stalemate... guardian side caps while our sourcestone carrier is at full health and NOT being attacked by anything as we are completely overwhelming them. no rogues, no dropping stone accidentally, we physically watched them cap while our carrier was holding stone.

do explain....
    I have seen the same crap and more go on with Defiants. Don't single one faction out because it sounds like you have an ax to grind. There are impossible things done on both sides and if Trion cared they would have thought about all this before they rushed to launch game.
    Last edited by Dirtymcfilthy; 06-19-2011 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtymcfilthy View Post
    I have seen the same crap and more go on with Defiants. Don't single one faction out because it sounds like you have an ax to grind. There are impossible things done on both sides and if Trion cared they would have thought about all this before they rushed to launch game.
    Wow ok, im not singling a faction out here at all, and faction has nothing to do with what i posted, just cuz a guardians did it to defiants in the case stated doesnt mean anything more concerning that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrick View Post
    screenshots? video?
    No video unfortunately, and no conclusive evidence caught in a screenshot, this could turn out to be another case of UFO sighting, but what I do have is witnesses and a screenshot of the people involved from both factions. We will never see the logs from the warfront but Trion has the ability to do so and look at the code.

From the screenshot I supplied Trion it should give them a place to start looking, out of the 14 people in that warfront I'm sure only one was to blame.

Today i will be recording all whitefall steppes warfronts, if the issue re-occurs i will post the video

Plane Touched

A few things to consider.

I personally have never seen anything like this happen, and I've played hundreds of warfronts. It's still perfectly possible though.

Some things that might've happened. I've noticed a bug where a sourcestone can be dropped, but the beam of light stays on the player. If you're saying you had their sourcestone because you saw the light this may be the case. Also, it may have been a glitch in the game itself, not something that was intentionally exploited by a player.

Yeah you can see Rogues at times.

It's a glitch and it randomly happens, but when it does, you see them in stealth for a split second and you see their red name above their head while they are stealthed for just a split second and they disappear completely again.

It's enough to prepare for an opening or aoe them out of stealth.
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 06-19-2011 at 06:17 PM.

ill clarify a bit more... the rogue was being targeted, not just being seen, and the sourcestone was not "dropped"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast