+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hackers!!!

Did you turn around and recap on them instantly?

I went to click on very cute kitty in a town, I thought maybe they'd be an emote or the cat would meow, instead I murdered it... and looted a Cat Tear...
    This mace was made for swingin'
    So that's just what I'll do
    Pop Rage of the North and **** all over you

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    Yeah you can see Rogues at times.

It's a glitch and it randomly happens, but when it does, you see them in stealth for a split second and you see their red name above their head while they are stealthed for just a split second and they disappear completely again.

It's enough to prepare for an opening or aoe them out of stealth.
    It's not a glitch. There is a chance to see a rogue within a certain proximity, it's a very small radius. AFAIK, this is intended.
    Playtime - p4x Guardian Rogue - Bloodiron
    Sma - p4x Guardian Mage - Bloodiron

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by AApache View Post
    ill clarify a bit more... the rogue was being targeted, not just being seen, and the sourcestone was not "dropped"
    I have occasionally been able to target a stealthed rogue and break his stealth with an instant cast. I'm not using any types of hacks, and I'm not aware that I'm using any exploits, other than taking advantage of being able to see him. Surely, you're not expecting me to think "Poor rogue thinks he's invis. Damn Trion and their bugs. I better give him a free backstab".

As for the cap... it sounds weird, but untill you've seen it happen twice, I'd assume random bug rather than malicious hack.

If it happens again, try writing down the names of everyone who made a cap during the game. It should be fairly easy for Trion to confirm if something's wrong, as this is pretty much guaranteed to be a server hack.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kayoh View Post
    Did you turn around and recap on them instantly?
    LOL, why havnt more people thaught of this? if its a hack its the worst hack ive heard tbh, because you just cap your own instantly, unless you loose 3-2 because of this supposed hack, then i guess it could be considered frustrating. Although you say you ''turned around to see them cap the fang''? so you were in their base, and your flag carrier went with you? Derps.

anyway, i hope if this is a hack you can find and show evidence and it gets fixed, although its odd you didnt report your own capping of their fang instantly after, nor did you explain consistantly where you were on the map when this happened, as i was lead to believe both teams were camping their own base with the oppisitons fang.

There are working hacking programs out there specifically for this game, not too hard to find if you search. You naysayers are either naive or you are hacking.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    There are working hacking programs out there specifically for this game, not too hard to find if you search. You naysayers are either naive or you are hacking.
    Or maybe we're just doubtful because no proof has been given.

Quote Originally Posted by Argizeos View Post
    Or maybe we're just doubtful because no proof has been given.
    We would like to keep it that way (on the forums) too

So long as it is submitted via a ticket to support, that's all that matters.
    Please be sure to follow the Code of Conduct at all times when using these forums.
    Please feel free to contact the Rift Community Team at community@riftgame.com if you have any questions or concerns about this message or its contents.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakranka View Post
    We would like to keep it that way (on the forums) too

So long as it is submitted via a ticket to support, that's all that matters.
    There is a way to detect stealth. I'm not sure if it's intended or a bug. I'll PM it to you.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Astrick View Post
    screenshots? video?
    Why bother with that kind of evidence when you could just declare "HACKERS" like Steve Carell from the Office declares bankruptcy?

Default Tickets are active and under investigation

Trion was quick to pick up my ticket, same day service, i think they left a mint on my pillow too.

If you are so desperate to be better than everyone else to where u need a hacking program, then u obviously have issues, these programs can compromise your account, your entire computer, and network.

Takes the fun out of the game for you and everyone else, and im sure Trion has enough work to do as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by AApache View Post
    Trion was quick to pick up my ticket, same day service, i think they left a mint on my pillow too.

If you are so desperate to be better than everyone else to where u need a hacking program, then u obviously have issues, these programs can compromise your account, your entire computer, and network.

Takes the fun out of the game for you and everyone else, and im sure Trion has enough work to do as it is.
    squelch for position

Quote Originally Posted by Morituri View Post
    There is a way to detect stealth. I'm not sure if it's intended or a bug. I'll PM it to you.
    I know that beastmaster warriors can sort of see rogues, when tried it out, my pet would attack a nearby rogue if it was in stealth, but u couldnt see the rogue until the pet broke it out of stealth, not sure what the range is on it, but still, u cant target a rogue until the pet hits them.

This is as far as i know, maybe im missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by apziro View Post
    I have occasionally been able to target a stealthed rogue and break his stealth with an instant cast. I'm not using any types of hacks, and I'm not aware that I'm using any exploits, other than taking advantage of being able to see him. Surely, you're not expecting me to think "Poor rogue thinks he's invis. Damn Trion and their bugs. I better give him a free backstab".

As for the cap... it sounds weird, but untill you've seen it happen twice, I'd assume random bug rather than malicious hack.

If it happens again, try writing down the names of everyone who made a cap during the game. It should be fairly easy for Trion to confirm if something's wrong, as this is pretty much guaranteed to be a server hack.
    Don't mean to be rude.... but why post if u don't read all the posts? I said... the rogue was at roughly 30 yards away, targeted and being chased by a warrior, with no pet mind u, its not the intended radius that rogues can be seen..... plz read posts
    Last edited by AApache; 06-20-2011 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by One and Only View Post
    LOL, why havnt more people thaught of this? if its a hack its the worst hack ive heard tbh, because you just cap your own instantly, unless you loose 3-2 because of this supposed hack, then i guess it could be considered frustrating. Although you say you ''turned around to see them cap the fang''? so you were in their base, and your flag carrier went with you? Derps.

anyway, i hope if this is a hack you can find and show evidence and it gets fixed, although its odd you didnt report your own capping of their fang instantly after, nor did you explain consistantly where you were on the map when this happened, as i was lead to believe both teams were camping their own base with the oppisitons fang.
    Funny how u quote me when i didnt say any of that.... read posts plz

I wasn't intending to start a trolling thread, this is a serious subject, if u can hack this game and make it unfair for honest ppl, then Trion could lose millions in revenue, so read the posts carefully or don't be bothered with this thread.

Please and thankyou

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast