+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PVP Hit Cap

Soulwalker

Default PVP Hit Cap

So I've noticed now that I've switched to all PVP gear that I've started to "Miss" a lot of stuff now...

So please tell me if there is a hit cap and what it is in pvp also if there is one why the hell doesn't any of the pvp gear have hit on it...

Hit has no effect in PVP. Nor does focus.

What you are seeing is various immune/evasion skills being used.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post

This is correct.

You have various classes with mitigation builds, inherent dodge , dodge buffs like bladedancer.

This game is designed different than WoW, the buffs classes use, unless they are dispellable, they are baseline and cannot be hit capped through, due to hit rating being only PvE.

Doesn't matter though WoW is designed differently and alot of classes could use an ability to give a temporary buff which could be exloitable due to the different way stats work in WoW.

There's no real way to exploit stat scaling in this game, so it isn't an issue.

Telaran

What?

My spells get resisted all the time at 0 focus in BG's. At 100, not a single resist. Sounds like a cap to me.

Edit : I've also resisted spells on my own with the pitiful amount of magic resistance I have on my gear (20 at the most). Since it's impossible to have more magic resistance than it is to have focus, there will always be a cap. Don't know how it works with hit.
    Last edited by DKay; 06-19-2011 at 01:50 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    This is correct.

You have various classes with mitigation builds, inherent dodge , dodge buffs like bladedancer.

This game is designed different than WoW, the buffs classes use, unless they are dispellable, they are baseline and cannot be hit capped through, due to hit rating being only PvE.

Doesn't matter though WoW is designed differently and alot of classes could use an ability to give a temporary buff which could be exloitable due to the different way stats work in WoW.

There's no real way to exploit stat scaling in this game, so it isn't an issue.
    Hover mouse over Hit and Focus stats. It doesn't say anything about "PVE only". Description for Hit says "increases your chance to hit with physical attacks". Now read description for dodge, parry and block. And finally give it a try to test the stats in duels. Draw your own conclusion.

Telaran

To expand a little :

1pt of resistance = 0.1% Chance to resist
    1pt of focus = -1% Chance to resist

Plane Walker

You are wrong.

Go into a WF with 0 focus, you will see many resists. Sure, they may be innate talents that're contributing to your resists, but focus does indeed play a part.
    Last edited by Emprahh; 06-19-2011 at 01:58 AM.

Rift Master

How does it feel being confident enough to post the first reply, yet being 100% wrong? :/

Quote Originally Posted by DKay View Post
    To expand a little :

1pt of resistance = 0.1% Chance to resist
    1pt of focus = -1% Chance to resist
    So well, the informed players could actually answer OP's question then? How much Hit/Focus is needed for PvP hit cap?

Koe

You will need around 100 hit, and 75 focus.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Although most of the time, gearing for focus/hit in pvp isnt really the right choice. PvP gear at the end of the day is the best choice for most specs/classes.
    Quiver @ Molinar
    <The Enclave>

For most, the first thing they put on in the morning is their underwear. I however put on my headset.

Rift Master

I run around with 36 focus on wand, the rest rank 5/6 gear. I NEVER get resisted, only thing i ever see that doesnt land is when they use a cd in which i see IMMUNE, IMMUNE etc.

When i run melle, I do not notice any misses either. I think the 100 hit/focus is made up and not tested at all.

I havent tested running with 0 focus, but im wanting to try it now.

Rift Disciple

This is one of the few things I hate with MMOs; there's no proper manual, no thorough and confirmed game mechanic information anywhere, and you have better luck finding a grain of salt on a beach than getting an official answer. The players are simply left to guess or experiment on their own.

Prophet of Telara

Fact: Hit and Focus are a factor in hitting an enemy player

The exact amount you need is somewhat unknown but the consensus is that around 30ish hit/focus resists will almost entirely disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Emprahh View Post
    You are wrong.

Go into a WF with 0 focus, you will see many resists. Sure, they may be innate talents that're contributing to your resists, but focus does indeed play a part.
    Since I have never worn a single piece of focus gear, and I cannot recall at any time having any trouble in PVP...

I think you are all out or your minds.

But please feel free to bring your PVE gear to warfronts.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast