+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: PvP gear rank 6

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default PvP gear rank 6

    I was just wondering how much time it takes to get pvp gear rank 6 if, lets say I grind warfronts every day for a few hours?

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    289

    Default

    around 2 months

  3. #3
    Plane Walker Shredicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Yeah, 2 months sound reasonable if you play casually. If you're a jobless no lifer you can get it done in a couple weeks though.

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    265

    Default

    Getting to Rank 6 is half the ladder. Getting all of the Rank 5 and Rank 6 gear is the other half. This is assuming you have been buying rank 1-4 gear along the way. If you save your favor to buy the Rank 5 and 6 gear you obviously can't wear it ill you have the rank but the time will be cut in half. However, the time will be brutal as you will have almost no valor. If you can put up with that beatdown, then save. I pvp casually, but I am not a casual pvper. When I am on I put together premades and win over 90% of the time, even with that win rate it took me about 3 months to get all the gear and the rank. If I had to estimate it was about 4-6 hours a day, 5 days a week for 3 months with that win rate. I hope that helps.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default ouch

    Quote Originally Posted by Karnifexx View Post
    Getting to Rank 6 is half the ladder. Getting all of the Rank 5 and Rank 6 gear is the other half. This is assuming you have been buying rank 1-4 gear along the way. If you save your favor to buy the Rank 5 and 6 gear you obviously can't wear it ill you have the rank but the time will be cut in half. However, the time will be brutal as you will have almost no valor. If you can put up with that beatdown, then save. I pvp casually, but I am not a casual pvper. When I am on I put together premades and win over 90% of the time, even with that win rate it took me about 3 months to get all the gear and the rank. If I had to estimate it was about 4-6 hours a day, 5 days a week for 3 months with that win rate. I hope that helps.
    the brutal reality of that kind of time makes me sad. Especially since in my cluster/battlegroup, we lose 90% of the time. So tack on another month or two. I'm halfway through rank 3 with most of rank 4 gear already payed for. 1.3 is going to change the game for pvp so I don't mind seeing what happens before then to hit p6.

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    242

    Default

    My math came up with something along the lines of 200ish hours. It could be lower if you are smart enough to only buy rank 5/6 stuff. (Note: You can buy higher level gear so if you were already buying rank 5 stuff when you were rank 1, you could save a ton of points.)

    I came up with this number being that you would need about 700kish points for gear by the time you hit rank 5 to finish your set of 5/6. Obviously this number will change depending on what you have by the time you hit rank 5, but averaging about 3500 favor an hour is how I came up with the 200 hours.

  7. #7
    Rift Master Catalysts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrifter View Post
    My math came up with something along the lines of 200ish hours. It could be lower if you are smart enough to only buy rank 5/6 stuff. (Note: You can buy higher level gear so if you were already buying rank 5 stuff when you were rank 1, you could save a ton of points.)

    I came up with this number being that you would need about 700kish points for gear by the time you hit rank 5 to finish your set of 5/6. Obviously this number will change depending on what you have by the time you hit rank 5, but averaging about 3500 favor an hour is how I came up with the 200 hours.
    My numbers came up around around 133 hours played time for a full rank6 and hitting rank 6 obviously. That was the average time, for a 50/50 win loss, in average length games. But could go as high as 225 hours. Was old math though so wouldn't use it as anything more than a guestimate at this point.

    Also some classes will need more favor than others, some will need more weapons than others, based on spec. For a simple example, a champ, that also tanks in WF's from time to time, would need the extra investment of an additional 1h weapon on top of his 2h weapon and such.

    My numbers also assumed a short que time, start working with a longer que time, say a 8-10 minute que and well...those numbers spike tremendously.

    Cheers.

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara Telal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,214

    Default

    I know for a rogue, to get "Full" Rank 5/6 (both mainhand/offhand and ranged) its ~980k favor
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

  9. #9
    Rift Master Catalysts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Telal View Post
    I know for a rogue, to get "Full" Rank 5/6 (both mainhand/offhand and ranged) its ~980k favor
    I was working off of 900k, so it would be slightly longer, and that will change as well with the introduction of the new toys they have planned for essences and such to be buyable with favor.

    Also the numbers I posted above assumed buying ONLY rank 5-6 gear, so if you were to buy 1-2, 3-4, and the 5-6 sets... heh and PvE'rs whine about spending 2-4 hours a week in a raid as justification to having access to better gear.

    Oh well, no ranting.

    Cheers.
    Last edited by Catalysts; 06-18-2011 at 07:02 PM.

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara NatashaK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    It should be noted that it's a bit easier now and much easier now if you're say ha healing Cleric who's objective focused. As kills are given to everyone whether they tagged the enemy / are in range or not. I know if I were on my Cleric running flags / shards I'd get 1/3 of the favor as people just attacking players the whole time.

    But again, it's all normalized now.

  11. #11
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NatashaK View Post
    It should be noted that it's a bit easier now and much easier now if you're say ha healing Cleric who's objective focused. As kills are given to everyone whether they tagged the enemy / are in range or not. I know if I were on my Cleric running flags / shards I'd get 1/3 of the favor as people just attacking players the whole time.

    But again, it's all normalized now.
    Which is why botting was so effective for players. No matter what you do in a warfront you get the same points as everyone else. Stellar system that was put into this game

  12. #12
    Rift Master Catalysts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrifter View Post
    Which is why botting was so effective for players. No matter what you do in a warfront you get the same points as everyone else. Stellar system that was put into this game
    When botting was effective, this system wasn't in place.

    Cheers.

  13. #13
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catalysts View Post
    When botting was effective, this system wasn't in place.

    Cheers.
    There was a toon who I cannot name, since we can't name people in forums, on Seastone that got rank 6 botting. The character was reported daily and nothing ever came of it.

    The PvP system since launch has never rewarded merit, instead rewarded people for simply being in the zone

  14. #14
    Rift Master Catalysts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrifter View Post
    There was a toon who I cannot name, since we can't name people in forums, on Seastone that got rank 6 botting. The character was reported daily and nothing ever came of it.

    The PvP system since launch has never rewarded merit, instead rewarded people for simply being in the zone
    True people do get through the system, but the botters from way back, if I remember right, had all their favor gear stripped to nothing, so "something" was done, and the AFK system implemented.

    I really do think there needs to be a better system in place, thinking of one that can't/wont be abused though is a bit more of a task than most would think it to be, so we have this one.

    Report them when you see them, that's all that can be done.

    For the most part I rarely ever see botters and AFK's anymore. A couple a day most days, sometimes a few more, sometimes a few less. It is nowhere near the rampant problem it used to be however. The fact that the issue has lost almost all it's momentum here on the forums leads me to believe it wasn't just a sharp decline on my cluster alone.

    If you have the guys name, and see him in a warfront you go into, call him out in raid chat, or if he's an enemy call him out in /y and get him the attention he deserves. Sadly that's about all you can do beyond what's in place. It's still a LONG way from effective, you can get there a lot faster, and have much higher favor while doing it, by just playing the character, even if you suck at PvP, it will still be faster.

    I honestly believe the botters (proven ones, not just AFK'ers) should be perma banned, and all other accounts going through that IP should be monitored for some time afterwards, but that requires funding that I imagine Trion dosen't want to spend on the issue. Afterall if they wanted to drop that kind of money on it, they could, ya know, hire more GMs to monitor bot claims in the WF's in the first place.

    Cheers.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catalysts View Post
    True people do get through the system, but the botters from way back, if I remember right, had all their favor gear stripped to nothing, so "something" was done, and the AFK system implemented.
    Unfortunately nothing was stripped from him. He got rank 6 before the 30 day trial ended and then playerauctioned his toon. I know because he was in our guild and we booted him when we found out what he was doing. We see the new version of him online from time to time, all in full r5/6 gear even though countless petitions were leveled against him. Had rifts rewarded merit rather then simply being in the zone, no botters would have leveled up at all. But alas the great equalizer made cheating easy.

    I really think that Rifts dropped the ball on cheaters and exploiters. Rifts first offense for botters is a 24hr ban, botting should be an instant ban. Plus at launch while they were too busy dealing with the accounts that were hacked the exploiting was rather rampant. On Seastone the first 50 exploited mobs by pulling them into the water and got 50 3 days after launch had nothing done to him either. He should have been banned IMO to set an example to other players.

    The real kicker is that with server transfers upcoming, all the players with *bad* reputations can simply move to new servers with new names and no one will know. But of course this is the game that Trion has made for all of us to play.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts