+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Terrain Imballances in Warfronts

Telaran

Default Terrain Imballances in Warfronts

I haven't really seen any posts on this so I decided to make one. These are what I have noticed from a defiant point of view, and I am interested to see what others, especially Guardians perceive to be unfair as well.

Blackgarden:
    The death spike on the Guardian side allows Guardians a place to hold the fang while earning maximum points per tick and LoSing the Defiant half of the map.

Guardians can jump up our wall (without charging) instead of going around, and can AoE our spawn point from the rock.

Codex:
    Guardians can jump up the rock by the codex flag giving them the quickest access to the highest point value objective on the map.

Whitefall:
    There is a pillar in the Guardian base that is taller than the rest that is very difficult to get on top of, allowing ranged players, or flag carriers to be virtually immune to melee.

Port of Scion:
    The Guardian route to the bridge is shorter than the Defiant route.

Codex, Warriors can exploit the gap and Bullrush across it.

RIFT Guide Writer Sekhmet The Fierce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Codex, Warriors can exploit the gap and Bullrush across it.
    If they can exploit that, then I have my knockback ready for extra fun (well, I hope that it doesn't get parried, but meh, fun to see a warrior or melee rogue go flying away off a cliff )
    "Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein."
    He who fights with Monsters should look to it that He himself does not become a Monster. And when you gaze long into an Abyss, the Abyss also gazes into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Sekhmet The Fierce View Post
    If they can exploit that, then I have my knockback ready for extra fun (well, I hope that it doesn't get parried, but meh, fun to see a warrior or melee rogue go flying away off a cliff )
    Do you have your knockback ready?

DO YOU?

Immune Immune Immune Immune Immune Immune Immune Immune Immune Immune Immune Immune Immune Immune Immune
    Last edited by Trisian; 06-18-2011 at 02:12 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer Sekhmet The Fierce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Do you have your knockback ready?

DO YOU?

Immune Immune Immune Immune Immune Immune Immune Immune Immune Immune Immune Immune Immune Immune Immune
    My worst nightmare!!! D:

Which is why I hope it is a fresh warrior out of respawn... I can only hope for the giggles. That, or not a Paragon with Way of the Mountain active >.<
    Last edited by Sekhmet The Fierce; 06-18-2011 at 02:16 PM.
    "Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein."
    He who fights with Monsters should look to it that He himself does not become a Monster. And when you gaze long into an Abyss, the Abyss also gazes into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

The gap jump isn't an exploit at all, and if you aren't terrible with positioning you can make it so they never gain purchase.

If the Guardians do have a shortcut to Codex (wouldn't know), I'm fairly certain that the Defiants do, as well, having used one all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    This thread screams, " I'm glad healing is getting nerfed..now please dont quit healing us."

Telaran

Thats it? Guardians don't have any complaints?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Rooth View Post
    Thats it? Guardians don't have any complaints?
    QQ from Defiants !!

Guess what? The maps aren't symmetrical and they shouldn't be... the world isn't a symmetrical place. Instead of looking for reasons why "it's not fair" try finding and exploiting some of your own-

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dubyah View Post
    QQ from Defiants !!

Guess what? The maps aren't symmetrical and they shouldn't be... the world isn't a symmetrical place. Instead of looking for reasons why "it's not fair" try finding and exploiting some of your own-
    I know QQ is probably all you see in this forum, but that wasn't my intent. I was trying to be objective about the whole thing and was curious to see what the Guardian perspective on the topic was. Apparently no one cares.

+ Reply to Thread