+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I hate cowards....

Telaran

Default I hate cowards....

I can understand making a strategic withdrawal if you are about to be overwhelmed by the other side or see people 5 levels higher than you approaching. However, stop running away anytime 2 peeps from the other side show up in the middle of a fight. I keep seeing this happening time and time again even when the two arriving are quite a bit lower in level.
    I am just tee'd off that I will be with several folks and we are doing well, then as soon as the other team gets a few reinforcements, 2 - 3 folks will run off with their tail between the legs. This is PVP, grow a pair and fight. I have only been playing a couple of months, I hope it gets better at 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodeath View Post
    I can understand making a strategic withdrawal if you are about to be overwhelmed by the other side or see people 5 levels higher than you approaching. However, stop running away anytime 2 peeps from the other side show up in the middle of a fight. I keep seeing this happening time and time again even when the two arriving are quite a bit lower in level.
    I am just tee'd off that I will be with several folks and we are doing well, then as soon as the other team gets a few reinforcements, 2 - 3 folks will run off with their tail between the legs. This is PVP, grow a pair and fight. I have only been playing a couple of months, I hope it gets better at 50.
    Maybe they left the WF because the dog was going nuts at the door, or guests arrived, or they simply didn't feel like playing anymore? I'll call cowards out on the field, but I don't blame anyone for leaving it.

Rift Master

what bugs me, is fighting 1v5 and they are meeles and kitting me when i get 1 to 20% lawl

or the worst is, fighting 3 rogues 1v3 and they all use slip away when u get 1 under 30% gets very annoying, but thank god for aoes.

don't get me wrong it's smart, jumping around like a fool running away from me, its not there fault...

its just the way these mechanics where sadly build.
    Last edited by Toothsome; 06-18-2011 at 10:35 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On4xojWEe8s - working again /auto swap, not my music!
    1.3 PvP Vids

1.4 is here check it out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5z3ydavoQ

Rift Master

or a cleric or a mage detaunting me or using healers convent, when im fiighting 1v5+

that gets me goin!@
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On4xojWEe8s - working again /auto swap, not my music!
    1.3 PvP Vids

What bugs me is teammates who fight 1v5. Wait for your support, Rambo.

RIFT Guide Writer Sekhmet The Fierce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    What bugs me is when I have support, start to target the carrier running by, and my support runs off to kill off the group behind said carrier, and I'm left trying to out-burst a cleric.... alone.

By the time I've got him/her down to 10% health and about to pop my Rapid Shot, I have OTHER enemies on my *** and my support is still nowhere to be seen.

I even take the time to mark the carrier a big "1"...
    "Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein."
    He who fights with Monsters should look to it that He himself does not become a Monster. And when you gaze long into an Abyss, the Abyss also gazes into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    iv done 8v1 and won, and that wouldn't have happens if i didn't try.
    1.3 PvP Vids

Telaran

wfs aren't really real pvp imo if you want real fights pressure trion to make an open world realm versus realm zone like dark age of camelot

Quote Originally Posted by equality View Post
    wfs aren't really real pvp imo if you want real fights pressure trion to make an open world realm versus realm zone like dark age of camelot
    I agree having only pvp in warfronts sucks. There needs to be more incentive for world pvp or anything to get involved. I lile world pvp for the sake of it, even if I lose. Apparently not many others do on the Spitescar server.

Champion

Don't forget about Darkness Falls in DAoC. There were people fighting over who had access, people fighting over control once they had access, people farming as much as they could before losing access, and then another fight over control once access was lost. Of course, this was all as chaotic and yet relatively balanced because of their three faction system. Rift won't be able to duplicate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothsome View Post
    iv done 8v1 and won, and that wouldn't have happens if i didn't try.
    What's your point? In world PvP my (pre-nerf) Rb/Reaver took out a raid of 17. I wouldn't call it trying though, as they had one 45, one 47, and the rest were 30 and under and basically died just by being caught in my AoE's.

(The bad men killed my scrublette at the time mage, then talked smack)

My point with that is, yeah sure, you CAN beat ridiculous odds, but if they have any sense at all, and are your level, with the exception of heavily outgearing them on a cleric, you should in 99% of cases, get yourself dead and accomplish nothing for yourself or your team.

Instead you put your team at a numbers disadvantage as well as give the enemy a reason to group up, and be on the ready for combat instead of moving/riding somewhere with people lagging behind.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Catalysts; 06-18-2011 at 07:11 PM.

i hate when its pretty even numbers about to go against eachother in warfronts i go in unstealth next to the mage or cleric to find that the others either retreated or ran around.
    So long rift, may your potential someday be realised

+ Reply to Thread