+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grats Trion on turning scion into Alterac Valley

Telaran

Default Grats Trion on turning scion into Alterac Valley

So i zoned into this terrible wf for the daily and I watched our boss go down 5 times in a row to a 10k hp tank and a plethora of healers. There is no pvp left in this bg. Why not just turn it into another dungeon and take it off the pvp list?

Healing is so out of control in this game that there is no counter to half a dozen AoE Healers. My counter to this behvior is to zerg to their boss and stand there and hit the "mobile target dummy" for 5 minutes as well. I left PVE a long time ago after years of everquest. There is nothing epic anymore to me about 40 people whacking on a target dummy with a nice big animation. I accept the fact that all mmo's need healthy pve, but can you guys keep it in pve rather overrtaking pvp. Don't follow the route of WoW by turning mass pvp warfronts into pve fests.

Had a Scion earlier with over 10 def healers in it! Over half of the def players were healers. You can guess how that went!
    Last edited by Misterjingo; 06-18-2011 at 09:55 AM.
    Playtime - p4x Guardian Rogue - Bloodiron
    Sma - p4x Guardian Mage - Bloodiron

Sword of Telara

I heard you will be getting "Plaque of Achievement" from killing Port of Scion boss after patch.

I still have yet to see this. Someone who overcommits to killing the bosses can get defeated by a team that turtles the bosses and holds the church for example. If one strategy always works, I agree it's a bad wf. But from what I've seen rotating strategies, misdirection, communication, etc. all play a part.

AV tended to break down at the end of an expansion because people's gear was so good that they could PvE the final boss and skip the strategy. But most of the time it worked well.

Sez

Welcome to last month?
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Welcome to last month?
    Honestly man? 2400 posts? jesus man go outside.

Port Scion is the new free pass for PvP newbies. No longer do you have to work for rank, gear or faction. Now you can just cheese by and get what others worked so hard for.

They say they wanted to make it a more "viable method of play", but now it is the dominating method of play. Feels like 90% of the games are boss rushes.

And if they leave it like this, then in PS rank mean nothing and you are better off in a PvE build. And you might as well throw your PvP gear in the trash and gear up PvE if you want to win.

This is what they said in my thread about PS.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to pop in and clear something up here regarding changes to the bosses in Port Scion.

The main boss in Port Scion had a change in hit points value of 50,000. No other changes were made to the boss itself.

Roughly 50,000 hit points were also removed from the idols and the sub bosses to make it a more viable method of play and a threat.

People are certainly playing the game differently now. I will not argue that. However, the actual changes made to the map and the NPCs were fairly limited.

I have seen matches go the duration; I have seen matches end in five minutes. We will continue to monitor how matches play out and make changes if they are required.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 06-18-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Ascendant

I don't understand some of you.

If you can't kill people focused on killing npcs, you are not going to kill them if they are focused on you.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by altaholic View Post
    Honestly man? 2400 posts? jesus man go outside.
    Seebs is creeping on ~6000, and I hit the beach this morning. This is just how I occupy time inbetween clients.

Thanks for the shout out broseph! Lay off the altahol.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Seebs is creeping on ~6000, and I hit the beach this morning. This is just how I occupy time inbetween clients.

Thanks for the shout out broseph! Lay off the altahol.
    i'm sure this other guy is a complete zero as well. I'm sure your "clients" must be thrilled. You realise in about 120 days of rift your averaging 20 posts a day ...yeah i know i l know ...seebs is going for the record, might be time to come back to the real world....just saying ...anyway GL.

Nothing wrong with Port Scion. If you allow the enemy to make it a PvE race it's your own fault.

Idiots.

"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."
    Basileus of The Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by aeio View Post
    I don't understand some of you.

If you can't kill people focused on killing npcs, you are not going to kill them if they are focused on you.
    I tried convincing people who are getting an abundance of free, effortless favor, prestige and faction to give all that up and PvP instead, but to no avail. It seems like people don't want to give up their free ride... imagine that.

Unless of course you think I should solo charge the entire Defiant group.

Quote Originally Posted by Horrigan View Post
    Nothing wrong with Port Scion. If you allow the enemy to make it a PvE race it's your own fault.

Idiots.
    This coming from you? That's rich....

few weeks back I posted that I thought this was a good change..I was soo wrong.

Like water ..always searching and digging and eroding the earth to find the lowest path of resistance

The Gamer..will ultimately search out and find the lowest common denominator..not to fun..not to learning..not to anything else but to a "win'..and that's what has happened.

Scion is a hideous map now. If your team doesn't dedicate itself to rushing boss YOU LOSE. The only time stones or church or bridge come into play is if your group wipes on boss. I hate the map now..I used to love it.

End
    of
    Story.
    Last edited by Ticklepink; 06-18-2011 at 03:23 PM.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

+ Reply to Thread