+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reporting people AFK that are not?

Default Reporting people AFK that are not?

So does this happen often? I was in a Port group and it was mostly a premade guild group. I was asked to hold the crystal so they could farm kills for a while, and then they must have all voted me AFK to be funny.

Now I can't join Warfronts for an hour, which pretty much ends my night only because I was trying to cooperate with a random guild from another server. The entire time I was moving around, talking a little, etc. There is was nothing to ask me if I were actually there, and nothing to give me a chance to prevent this from happening. This seems like a poorly thought out thing if this sort of thing can happen.

I don't pay $15 a month to play a game so that others can decide if/when I can play.

Does this sort of thing happen often? I have never AFKed EVER, and in fact, it really bothers me when others do it. Even when we are being spawn camped I still try while others don't.

I am only halfway through rank 2 and I have been playing since headstart, so I do not PVP all that often. I am sure Trion will do nothing, but I opened a ticket because I am upset that my night is ruined now. And I wonder if this is something I need to look out for in the future if this ever happens again?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
    So does this happen often? I was in a Port group and it was mostly a premade guild group. I was asked to hold the crystal so they could farm kills for a while, and then they must have all voted me AFK to be funny.

Now I can't join Warfronts for an hour, which pretty much ends my night only because I was trying to cooperate with a random guild from another server. The entire time I was moving around, talking a little, etc. There is was nothing to ask me if I were actually there, and nothing to give me a chance to prevent this from happening. This seems like a poorly thought out thing if this sort of thing can happen.

I don't pay $15 a month to play a game so that others can decide if/when I can play.

Does this sort of thing happen often? I have never AFKed EVER, and in fact, it really bothers me when others do it. Even when we are being spawn camped I still try while others don't.

I am only halfway through rank 2 and I have been playing since headstart, so I do not PVP all that often. I am sure Trion will do nothing, but I opened a ticket because I am upset that my night is ruined now. And I wonder if this is something I need to look out for in the future if this ever happens again?

What you should do is screenshot your chat logs and combat logs showing and proving you were not AFK which isn't hard to prove.

Screenshot the player names and make a report of it. ( which won't be easy but as long as you can get some player names from your team and screenshot it )

I find that what they did regardless of how many is abusing the AFK system and should be punished. If it happens again take screenshots and submit.

Hopefully Trion punish those people for abusing the AFK System and make a thing of it to prevent further ******s doing it.
    Last edited by Valkorian; 06-18-2011 at 12:41 AM.

yes it happens quite a bit actually..watch your buffs always..make sure that if you see an ascended disgrace buff pop up you are close enough to an npc to engage or have a self heal you can pop.

Theres also a macro people will spam in raid chat that looks quite legit..[So and so@Briarcliff] Has reported you as being AFK. Away from keyboard.Please type /afk remove to remove this buff.(doing this removes you from warfront)

Don't fall for it.
    Last edited by Ticklepink; 06-18-2011 at 12:45 AM.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    yes it happens quite a bit actually..watch your buffs always..make sure that if you see an ascended disgrace buff pop up you are close enough to an npc to engage or have a self heal you can pop.
    Thank you! I was even attacked by a Rogue not too long before it happened and the NPC killed him. And I am a Chloro and healed someone that ran by once too. I wish I would have thought to screenshot it but I had no idea this could happen. I didn't even know about the "disgrace" buff or I would have gotten rid of it. I just didn't notice it.

Its a shame too because we were winning by a lot and now I didn't get credit.

I will be much wiser now, and I probably just won't listen if I ever get in this situation again. Unfortunately, then they might just vote me AFK for not listening!

Thanks again to the both of you for the answers!

Edit: And just to update. My petition was responded to, with the TYPICAL form response (I think I am 5 of 5 now on these) that gives me instructions on how to report a bug to the development team. They did absolutely nothing, and gave me a form response that didn't even fit the problem. They did NOT remove my buff or even knowledge the problem. My server is Rocklift BTW, just in case anyone from Trion ever reads this: I have NEVER gotten anything but a form response that has nothing to do with anything even when it was item related. So frustrating!
    Last edited by Magenta; 06-18-2011 at 12:51 AM.

Just little leetists being ******bags is all. These are the kind of people that ruin the game for other people cause they think they are above everyone else. Screenshots and combat logs are your friend in these cases.
    Stupid People P*** Me Off

Happened me twice, just because i got in fight with some cretins that told everyone im afk lol ,but i wasnt.

Shield of Telara

Edit: And just to update. My petition was responded to, with the TYPICAL form response (I think I am 5 of 5 now on these) that gives me instructions on how to report a bug to the development team. They did absolutely nothing, and gave me a form response that didn't even fit the problem. They did NOT remove my buff or even knowledge the problem. My server is Rocklift BTW, just in case anyone from Trion ever reads this: I have NEVER gotten anything but a form response that has nothing to do with anything even when it was item related. So frustrating!
    Typical.

Trion must just use the old copy and paste trick. That's what they get paid for remember?

Copy, paste and forget. Hoping you forget.

Yawn..

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    Typical.

Trion must just use the old copy and paste trick. That's what they get paid for remember?

Copy, paste and forget. Hoping you forget.

Yawn..
    Ugh its just not my night! The neighbors dog just woke me up, and since I fell asleep after posting this I decided to hit refresh.

Anyway in all fairness I do remember one time they did give me good support for a ticket! I just couldn't edit that in after I posted.

I wasn't even in an argument or anything in the warfront, they just voted me out Oh well, I am over it, but I did give a kind of nasty follow up to the form response to my ticket though. I hope that doesn't make things worse for me lol!

Thanks everyone for sharing your ideas and stories.

It now takes three people to vote you out and the buff is with you for what seems to be a minute..not thirty seconds(not for sure) We had to vote a guy out recently who stood at spawn point looking off in the distance..it took three of us and he stayed in WF for longer than I had suspected it would take before he poofed and someone took his place.

(Buff looks like the character with its back turned on you) Black white and red outlined.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    Happened me twice, just because i got in fight with some cretins that told everyone im afk lol ,but i wasnt.
    I had a similar situation occur with my Faeblight Guardian Mage. I was on the ground at the codex while some ranger was on the Defiant-side cliff fighting a defiant player. The ranger's opponent was out of LOS, and then the ranger ran out of my LOS after I threw a bloom and flourish on him (I am not a healer, but had those spells in my second spec). He then started telling everyone in the warfront to report me afk, and proceeded to talk trash about me for the rest of the battle because: Had I really been playing, he would not have died to another player of the same level.

you deserved it for talking **** i bet.

talkin **** shouldn't get you booted for 1 hour..so take that opinion and well you know

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    No, as I already said I didn't say anything or argue with anyone.

The only talking I was doing was to an ex-guildmate who was helping me learn what to do in the Warfront. I don't PVP often and don't understand Port all that well, so I was trying to learn.

No one in chat said to report me AFK, or said anything to me other than to hold the crystal near the NPC, which I was doing. I think it was just a premade group who thought it would be funny to get me locked out from PVP.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    Sounds to me like you need a hug.

Rift Disciple

I walked away from a WF to take an emergency P**s. Wasn't gone for 15-30 seconds to come back to being kicked out of the WF.

I don't know if they've updated this since then, but I haven't been removed since for similar reasons.

I hope I wasn't reported by a newb, or worse a noob.
    Last edited by Cored; 06-19-2011 at 09:06 PM.
    Shard Firsts - Both Warfronts, same shard.

Port Scion personal best: 15 stones in one match. Have you done the same? Unlikely.
    Rank 6 Rogue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast