+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Just played a buddies mage for a bit...

Default Just played a buddies mage for a bit...

For some reason he is obsessed with pyro...Not my style, but figured I would throw up a spec for him and play it out, let him watch.

Every single warfront I went into, I topped damage by 20% minimum.
    Every single warfront I topped killing blows by at LEAST double the next highest.
    I was in a pug every time.
    I did not have fulminate.
    His mage is not R6.
    His mage is not raid geared.
    We lost 1 warfront out of 7, that I joined late, and still managed to top damage, and KB's.
    All of the fighting was taking place near objectives, or small skirmishes on the way to/from objectives.

Why did I do so well on a mage spec I don't play much?

I am in no way trying to brag about my "l33t" skills or any of that nonsense. I am seriously asking you, the people who read this, why YOU think I did so well?

Be honest, don't just troll it up.

Cheers.

Shield of Telara

Is this level 50?

You used Pyromancer ( Which I refuse to use ) and their tree is ridiculous. So much utility plus huge damage at the same time.

51 point Pyro with its stupid Fulminate is just beyond the joke, but the only reason a lot of Mages go Pyro at 50 is because they are the only setups that can dish out high damage and survive well with utilities.

Things I would like tweaked down is definately Pyromancer. The soul tree needs to be redone and have their CC and things like Flicker removed.

But I would also like Rogues new damage increase tweaked as well. MM and ranged Rogues in general are just silly at the moment. But hey, seems like there are more Rogues then anything else so they will complain and cry if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    Is this level 50?

You used Pyromancer ( Which I refuse to use ) and their tree is ridiculous. So much utility plus huge damage at the same time.

51 point Pyro with its stupid Fulminate is just beyond the joke, but the only reason a lot of Mages go Pyro at 50 is because they are the only setups that can dish out high damage and survive well with utilities.

Things I would like tweaked down is definately Pyromancer. The soul tree needs to be redone and have their CC and things like Flicker removed.

But I would also like Rogues new damage increase tweaked as well. MM and ranged Rogues in general are just silly at the moment. But hey, seems like there are more Rogues then anything else so they will complain and cry if that happens.
    It wasn't a 51 point pyro build, there was no fulminate, I already covered that.

They have moderate survivability. As a matter of fact the spec didn't even include GoP cause I think it's trash for the most part.

Basically you didn't even venture a guess or offer an opinion as to why you thought I did so well with the pyro soul I have maybe had 20-30 games with total (on my mage where I actually had friggin hotkeys bound....)

Don't know why you are bothering to bring up how you think rogues need to be tweaked down, but then you think pyro's do as well it seems.

So my guess is, that you think I did well with my buddies mage cause Pyro's are OP? That about sum it up?

Cheers.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Catalysts View Post
    It wasn't a 51 point pyro build, there was no fulminate, I already covered that.

They have moderate survivability. As a matter of fact the spec didn't even include GoP cause I think it's trash for the most part.

Basically you didn't even venture a guess or offer an opinion as to why you thought I did so well with the pyro soul I have maybe had 20-30 games with total (on my mage where I actually had friggin hotkeys bound....)

Don't know why you are bothering to bring up how you think rogues need to be tweaked down, but then you think pyro's do as well it seems.

So my guess is, that you think I did well with my buddies mage cause Pyro's are OP? That about sum it up?

Cheers.

Well yeah, as I wrote in my post, I refuse to use Pyromancers. I have used them and I know how ridiculously stupid they are. They don't require any form of skill. They have too much utility and high damage output.

In the lower brackets to Mages are over powered, which is another thing. Pyro damage output in the 10-20 and 20-30 is huge compared to all other classes.

Stupid thing is their damage carries on through out all the brackets and into the 50's.. Whilst other Mage souls don't.

Give me some more feedback people.

I already KNOW why I did as well as I did in those warfronts, I was playing the character.

From the information provided I would like to know why YOU think I did as well as I did in there.

Just give your honest opinions.

Just don't troll or turn it into a nerf/buff whine post, that isn't what this is about.

Cheers.

Default I would guess that...

nobody cares.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Catalysts View Post
    Give me some more feedback people.

I already KNOW why I did as well as I did in those warfronts, I was playing the character.

From the information provided I would like to know why YOU think I did as well as I did in there.

Just give your honest opinions.

Just don't troll or turn it into a nerf/buff whine post, that isn't what this is about.

Cheers.

Can I just say, firstly I never replied in the intention to make it a nerf/buff reply. You asked for our honest opinions and I gave one in the way I see it.

You never gave any proper information regarding your level, setups, etc, you just stated you "owned" in all warfronts as a Pyromancer.

You want honest opinions and not whine or nerf/buff related replies yet you are making a topic practically based on that.

Contradiction much?

I gave my input and my honest opinion and you reply with arrogance.

How about YOU tell us YOUR opinion on why YOU did so good?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    Can I just say, firstly I never replied in the intention to make it a nerf/buff reply. You asked for our honest opinions and I gave one in the way I see it.

You never gave any proper information regarding your level, setups, etc, you just stated you "owned" in all warfronts as a Pyromancer.

You want honest opinions and not whine or nerf/buff related replies yet you are making a topic practically based on that.

Contradiction much?

I gave my input and my honest opinion and you reply with arrogance.

How about YOU tell us YOUR opinion on why YOU did so good?
    Because you were lucky and got qued against dumb players that all target the tanks while all range take free shots? happens alot. If your saying a mm, sin or warrior cant kill you in a few seconds then your wrong.

Pyro does lots of dmg but they are the easiest mage to kill, Cholro/ lock and storm/elem both have better servivabilty.

But yea if no one targets you then you will easly out dps the others in pvp.
    50 Warrior
    50 Mage
    50 Defiant cleric
    50 rogue
    50 Defiant Mage

Plane Touched

Because you were assisting a semi/totally-competent melee pressure build and hanging out protecting your healers AT an objective while being ready to move to the next one?
    Imasu@randomshard

did he have macros with rotations nicely lined up? Do you usually win WFs in PUGS?
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

In my experience warfronts that aren't balanced (6 wins 1 loss) tend to inflate stats. When we win, I have better stats too. When we lose by a lot I don't but still do decently. So share some of that ego with your team.

Plane Touched

I'm very certain its not ego. I see mages do the same all the time so it makes sense a decent, or good player, would be able to have such success.

edit: Good point though about the stat inflation during wins though she'd said the loss she joined, she quickly reached the top of the damage chart even getting into the WF late.
    Last edited by Sihpa; 06-17-2011 at 11:27 PM.
    Imasu@randomshard

I think hes trying to say that "never playing a mage before..ever..he was able to look at a pyros soul and throw together a spec in under 8 seconds and kill everybody with no support basically because pyros are unbelievably easy to play and stupidly OP"

If that's the case boo..too many holes in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sihpa View Post
    I'm very certain its not ego. I see mages do the same all the time so it makes sense a decent, or good player, would be able to have such success.
    I agree. With instant infernos, flamebolts, cinderbursts (and having a 50 mage I've pvped with), I simply refuse to buy into the thought that it takes talent to play that spec. Infernos tend to snipe a lot of killing blows as well. It just doesn't take talent to play it. If his team is covering for him & he has free reign then of course he'd top the charts.

KBs mean ****...absolutely means nothing..overall dps means nothing if you're not killing the right people or that damage is being healed thru. Not to mention you may have gone up against extremely bad players..It happens to me..I can go chloro and top damage KBs against low rank players. I still don't see the point ..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast