+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP suggestions

Shadowlander

Default PVP suggestions

Trion is taking some steps in the right direction when they are implementing stuff that make spell behave differently in PVE and in PVP.

It is clear that PVP is a vastly different game than PVE and I suggest pushing the concept further.

GEAR :

1) Gear earned in PVE have to be (by far) the best PVE gear : This seem to be true for the most part
    2) Gear earned in PVP have to be the best gear for PVP : This is not true : Essence, Relic weapon and the soon to come T3 gear are all examples of actual and potential problems.

Fix :

1) Separate gear completley (ie you cant wear PVP gear in PVE and you cant wear PVE gear in PVP. No need to fix gear and you can balance/introduce gear in each game without affecting other.
    2) Introduce essences on the PVP vendors (I am rank 5 on one of my chars and rank 4 on the other and I have yet to do ONE T1 or T2 dungeons)

DAMAGE TAKEN :

(I dont PVE at all so I will comment on PVP only)

1) Trion is going the right route when they try to make fights last longer. Valor if one approach, Toning down some spell/ability is another. That seems very hard to balance and have a little to do with skill or what people perceive as skill.

The DR changes for CC were wrong and personnaly I would replace those (and the concept of valor) with a lot more features in the PVP soul.

For example :

1) Change the universal break free spell into a couple of different spell : Stun Break, Snare and root Break, Silence break. Each of those spell (90 sec recast come with a 10 sec immunity to that CC). This would force player to think and decide when they want to be immune etc. "Skill" of the player would play a much larger role.

2) Introduce an universal shield in the PVP soul. Recast time and amount of HP changes as you progress among various ranks. This is much easier to balance than valor since it have no impact on damage taken and simply on the player HP. (it is also better then placing large endurance on PVP gear since HP gained by endurance can be healed and this is not the goal). A shield instead of valor should reduce silly stories of 1 player killing full group of lower rank.

3) Introduce a couple of general "fun to have" abilities in the PVP soul : "instant respawn" (on a 1 per 5 minutes timers). "Fill mana/HP bar" usable once per WF in the 5 second that follow a player kill

DAMAGE DONE :

I think the damage donw need to be adjusted while taken account a couple things :

1) Can move while casting = Negative adjustement
    2) Instant = Negative
    3) Can use from range = Negative
    4) Long cast time = Positive
    5) Must be in melee range = Positive
    6) Can be interupted = Positive
    7) Require LOS at end = Positive
    8) Long recast = Positive
    9) Require certain conditions to be met (after parry, from stealth, need full charge, etc) = Positive

HEALING

Healing is a hard beast to balance. I dont play an healer but I really think that if ONE same rank DPS goes full DPS on a same rank cleric the cleric should NOT die.

I also think that if TWO DPS are hitting the cleric, the cleric should die.

Fix : So without throwing random numbers, I would place single target heal at around 150% of the average of the DPS soul

FUN STUFF

1) Let anyone mark players in a WF
    2) Remove yell
    3) Let anyone place a bounty on another player and announce it "Gulp" placed a 500 Favor bounty on Wulfe@reclaimer head...
    4) Display the said Bounty over the player head....
    5) Drop enough coins in PVP to cover for heal pot...

Anyway my 0.02 (or maybe by 0.20 since this is a fairly long post).

Vlav

PS : English my 3rd language so be gentle...

These are absolutely terrible suggestions! Sorry but through these suggestions I have a problem beleiving you even know anything extensively about pvp in mmorpgs. Take a look at my suggestion thread in my sig. It's located on the SUGGESTION forum.
    Last edited by inaliz; 06-17-2011 at 08:03 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by inaliz View Post
    These are absolutely terrible suggestions! Sorry but through these suggestions I have a problem beleiving you even know anything extensively about pvp in mmorpgs. Take a look at my suggestion thread in my sig. It's located on the SUGGESTION forum.
    All coments welcome.

Having said that, your suggestions all relate to zone and objectives while mine aim to balance the game better. So there not exclusive to each other

Now for PVP experience I was RR10 on daoc on my main and had countless rr5+, lvl 50 on eq PVP server (when cap was 50), had a char on Warhammer and I am now Prestige 5 in this game

For MMO in general, I played my first MMO on compuserve before any game ran on the internet....

One thing they need to take from DAoC(as well as a few other things) is too penalize people for jumping, it would fix the whole jump/melee exploit. Besides pyros at the moment I think the game is pretty well balanced.
    Last edited by inaliz; 06-17-2011 at 11:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread