+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 84

Thread: OP Clerics? No such thing!

  1. #1
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default OP Clerics? No such thing!

    There's no possible way clerics can be OP for PvP, none, I mean with a coordinated group effort with everyone in the right souls and using the right abilities you can kill any cleric under any circumstances even if there are 5 wardens EZ Mode raid healing the entire enemy team. Like Visions says that if you can't kill a cleric it's all your fault for lacking skill. Prove me wrong.

  2. #2
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    -thread intended to be intentionally sarcastic, proof of wrongness still welcomed-

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    330

    Default

    OMG My Cleric goes down in two seconds flat to any well played Rogue. Just the other day I saw a Pyro mage across the battlefield map and my Cleric got immediately disconnected from my server cause the Mage looked at him. Any Cleric will die to a well coordinated group of 3 Rogues and 2 Warriors. Just because you don't have the skill to organize these gank squads on the fly, doesn't mean I should be punished for simultaneously tanking 5 people at once. After all, I'm only healing myself. I'm sure my teammates are busy committing suicide instead of intentionally exploiting the manpower advantage I created by simply queueing and mashing my HoT/bubble macro.

    Speaking of Rogues, nerf Edradicate! I know I said they're classes that can bring me down with the right spec and the winter harvest coinciding with vernal equinox; but nerf 'em anyways cause it's unfair that my counter can actually counter me. O yeah! Why can't I keep other teammates up indefinitely like myself. It's totally unfair that Stormcallers can kill all my teammates before I can get a chance to target them with my button-mashing HoT/Bubble macro. Either nerf their damage into the ground (cause I know you Devs will anyways) or give me insane AoE heals (which I haven't asked for yet... but watch, I will) to compensate. Cause once the opposing team kill all the non-immortal Clerics in my raid, I'm forced to tank them for minutes on end while the rest of my team rezzes, gets back to the flag and continue the fight.

    All you complainers just don't recognize the skill involved in running around LoS mashing my instants. Even though, I'll be the first to make fun of any "Fireball! Fireball! Fireball!" Pyro, somehow my similar brand of playstyle is magically "skillful". Nevermind the PvP stats in this game are already rigged to damage DPS' output without any drawback whatsoever for heals; I need more crutches!

    My skill demands it!
    Last edited by Stewy; 06-17-2011 at 11:18 PM.

  4. #4
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Clerics need a buff I say, a buff!

  5. #5
    Ascendant Hartzekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    Hmmmm..... The thing is people say clerics go down with a coordinated effort of a group. first of all, no other class need a group to take them down. Second of all, PuGs normally don't listen to people trying to lead.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Godless One's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    159

    Default They can't hurt a fly

    Yes some Cleric specs have great damage mitigation, but they can't hurt anything. They trade off damage for heals and survivability.....thats how its SUPPOSED to be. If you negate their heals and damage mitigation you'd have to seriously up their damage (and I really don't think that's what you want).

    I like the fact that my healers can survive. I don't want glass healers that would suck ***. Don't be a doorknob think about what you are asking for before you ask.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    There's no possible way clerics can be OP for PvP, none, I mean with a coordinated group effort with everyone in the right souls and using the right abilities you can kill any cleric under any circumstances even if there are 5 wardens EZ Mode raid healing the entire enemy team. Like Visions says that if you can't kill a cleric it's all your fault for lacking skill. Prove me wrong.
    premade vrs premade clerics are not overpowered.
    pug vrs pug clerics are overpowered.

    two dps vrs one dps and one healer = cleric overpowered.

    Do I want to see Cleric's nerfed? no they are a great class just the way they are, They should not be punshed cause pug's do not focus fire them.
    50 Warrior
    50 Mage
    50 Defiant cleric
    50 rogue
    50 Defiant Mage

  8. #8
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,420

    Default

    Specific cleric builds aimed at survival needs specific builds aimed at killing clerics whose build is aimed at survival?

    Da ***?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    Second of all, PuGs normally don't listen to people trying to lead.
    And whose problem is that? Definitely not the clerics.
    Last edited by Eughe; 06-18-2011 at 09:37 AM.

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    93

    Cool My Clerics is Big Time OP

    You Cleric might not be OP, maybe you have the wrong spec or have not figured out how to play him. My Cleric is very OP. I use mostly a Warden spec for PvP. It takes 3-4 dps beating on me for a little while before I die. Of all my Classes Rogue, Warrior and Cleric my Cleric is the only one that seems to make a huge difference in PvP. Sure every now and then a Premade or a Smart leader that marks me and a group that actually kills the target means I die almost as fast as everyone else, but even then I am making the whole team divert all their efforts on me. And if there are 2-3 Clerics in a group that help heal each other you need a group of mages timing their Fumilates together to out burst dps the heals.

    My Rogue can stealth behind enemy lines as jump out and kill a Mage as long as all his cooldowns are not up but unless there are multiple people helping me I am not going to stealth kill a Cleric, he would have to be semi afk with his shield on cooldown, his movement break on cooldown and be a little slow for me to kill him.

    Just saying maybe your Cleric is not OP but mine is Big Time OP.

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    73

    Default So lets nerf classes based on foolish PuGs???

    Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    Hmmmm..... The thing is people say clerics go down with a coordinated effort of a group. first of all, no other class need a group to take them down. Second of all, PuGs normally don't listen to people trying to lead.
    ^^^ This is not only rediculous, but patently untrue. First of all, you are going to nerf classes based on how well they fair against PuGs?? Well, I submit that what you REALLY saying is that you want them nerfed base on BAD PuGs.

    I'm halfway through prestige 5, 180k away from rank 6. I've PUGed the WHOLE time. I think I can speak pretty authoritatively (about my battlegroup, leastways) when I say, there are very good PuGs, and there are very bad PuGs, and lots inbetween. I've been in some PuGs where we are as good as any premades, all we lack is voicechat. I've been in PuGs where not a SINGLE player on the other side was killed by us the entire match. You want to nerf clerics based on the last occurrence, because that particular PuG can't focus fire enough to kill one opposing player?!?!?! Get real, some teams will be bad no matter what, its not the classes fault.

    Did you know that the leader of the WF can mark players on the opposing team?? Its suprising how few people know that.... its the easiest and best way for any PuG to coordinate fire.

    One WF I was in, I asked leader to mark the healers.... and he marked all the healers on OUR team. I kid you not.... and the dude came from a supposed PvP server like me. You want to nerf clerics so that a softhead like that has an easier time killing them?? Please

    If you get your healing nerf, most clerics will switch specs to do more damage.... and you'll STILL be losing to them just as much as you do now, if not more. Why?? Because you run around in your DPS spec mashing your macroes, and you'll be dying even faster with more damage flying around and less healing being applied to you by YOUR healers.

  11. #11
    General of Telara joker225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Clerics are not overpowered.
    The class balance is broken.

    Let's see why (as has already been stated):
    1) Premade vs Premade Clerics are not overpowered
    2) Pug vs Pug Clerics are overpowered

    Why is it like that?
    One simple reason:
    Lingering Wounds

    This skill alone and no other skill is what is making every pug unplayable.
    You ask me why?
    I tell you why.

    As everyone who has played a Warrior in Rift before, Warriors NEED A POCKET HEALER 24/7. DPS warrior without a healer will die so fast it is not even funny. Warrior is really heal intensive.
    What this causes is no Warrior will spec Champion for a Warfront as PUG.

    Now let's say you face a premade.
    You face a pocket healed rank 6 Warrior that will uncleansable AOE heal debuff all your team.
    If there is no heal debuff clerics will crit for 5k+. With heal debuff it heals for only 2,5k. You see?
    A really big difference.
    This is why Trion can't nerf clerics. Lingering Wounds. Nothing alse.

    Some people are crying Warriors suck for PvP.
    Reality is:
    Warrior is the single most needed DPS in RIFT. There is no dps as important as Warrior.

  12. #12
    Prophet of Telara NatashaK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    I have to agree. Bad, poorly geared, pve spec'd, uncoordinated, macro spamming characters have almost as hard a time killing a geared, defensive spec'd Cleric as they do a tank or stopping a rift stalker from running a flag.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    149

    Default

    ok nerf clerics as healers. I can live with that. Please BUFF a hell of ranged dps of a cleric. And plz that purge make it spammable like eraditace, and plz also give a healing debuff for the cloros to be countered and i can live with that ?

    You dont like what i wrote ? Its tradeoffs of the class. Have you noticed that most clerics playing dps ? or tanks ? Why is that ? because 1 person that know what to do and how to counter can give you a hell of a time to kite dispell and ofc heal yourself only. Will you kill someone same equip as healer ? No you arent .

    I am bored of forum people complaining about clerics being op because they are rank 2 and countered a r6 (guess what ranks DO change the effect of "battle") and couldnt solo kill him. I am getting killed all the time by same geared rogues , warriors , mages. And yes they have to work to get the kill else they dont deserve to see me dead .
    A healer is supposed to be hard for 1vs1 combat to get him down. How the hell will he be healing the team if 1 person can lock him down to death ? You will end up with wf that are zerg fest even more that they are after 1.2 patch.

    How about Cloros or bards ? I seen strong people that i couldnt get em down as dps . That make em op ? no . I have to say someone from my team to aid to get em down but thats not op. Thats the way healing need to be. As for mentioning 5 ppl PLEASE make a video with any class (choose the soul combination you want) that can tank 5 people . We are talking same geared and ofc have the brain to dispell , silence , healing debuff or what the class mechanics offer to utilise. There is no class that can do that .

  14. #14
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Framer View Post
    ok nerf clerics as healers.
    No. Next...
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

  15. #15
    Ascendant Hartzekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sholagar19 View Post
    ^^^ This is not only rediculous, but patently untrue. First of all, you are going to nerf classes based on how well they fair against PuGs?? Well, I submit that what you REALLY saying is that you want them nerfed base on BAD PuGs.

    I'm halfway through prestige 5, 180k away from rank 6. I've PUGed the WHOLE time. I think I can speak pretty authoritatively (about my battlegroup, leastways) when I say, there are very good PuGs, and there are very bad PuGs, and lots inbetween. I've been in some PuGs where we are as good as any premades, all we lack is voicechat. I've been in PuGs where not a SINGLE player on the other side was killed by us the entire match. You want to nerf clerics based on the last occurrence, because that particular PuG can't focus fire enough to kill one opposing player?!?!?! Get real, some teams will be bad no matter what, its not the classes fault.

    Did you know that the leader of the WF can mark players on the opposing team?? Its suprising how few people know that.... its the easiest and best way for any PuG to coordinate fire.

    One WF I was in, I asked leader to mark the healers.... and he marked all the healers on OUR team. I kid you not.... and the dude came from a supposed PvP server like me. You want to nerf clerics so that a softhead like that has an easier time killing them?? Please

    If you get your healing nerf, most clerics will switch specs to do more damage.... and you'll STILL be losing to them just as much as you do now, if not more. Why?? Because you run around in your DPS spec mashing your macroes, and you'll be dying even faster with more damage flying around and less healing being applied to you by YOUR healers.
    I'm not asking for a nerf. Simply proving the OP wrong by the fact that no other class has to get focus fired to die. I know, but in my battlegroup all of the PuGs suck. lol
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts