+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should critical heals only heal 50%?

Default Should critical heals only heal 50%?

[EDIT] From our Producer, Gersh
    -Gersh

With 1.3 we've focused on tuning around giving level 50 players a better on ramp into PVP, allowing lower rank players to have better chance of surviving vs. high rank (or raid geared players) through a higher base valor value and more ways to obtain valor pre-50. In addition these adjustments continue to improve PVP gear progression ensuring that the more Valor you get the better your chance of survival, especially against those players using gear without Valor.

Specifically we wanted to address the lethality of critical hits in PVP which was causing a number of situations where players (or their allies) would die from damage spikes with no way to react to the attack. In addition we are continuing to hand tune specific ability combinations for PVP (without touching PVE performance) that would result in similar results without the aid of a critical hit.

Finally we realize that increased survivability will also increase the effectiveness of healing and defensive abilities, and we will be closely watching these particular builds on PTS (and live). Our overall goal is to ensure that healing and support is desired in team play but doesn't create builds with both extreme durability and offense at the same time.

Over the next week we plan on having a number of PVP oriented play tests on our PTS server to help us gather feedback, and so that we can continue to tune these values prior to 1.3 being released.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Damage was to high from crits & people, were dieing do to to fast damage from crits from some classes & this was such a big problem that something so harsh as 50% dmg on crit was implemented shouldn't the same go for the over powering healing?.

I mean is it any different for a healer to burst heal someone from 2hp back to 6k off a crit in PvP?

I mean if trion is already taking a Anti crit orientated game should it go to healers as well?

I would like to see valor make the healers critical heals only heal for 50% & turning a 50% healing debuff hard cap at 25%. when healing crits with the debuff up.
    Last edited by RJTravis; 06-17-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Ascendant

valor isn't effecting crit come 1.3

healing is being handled by a remodeled mana regen.

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    valor isn't effecting crit come 1.3

healing is being handled by a remodeled mana regen.
    Iv been gone for almost 2 weeks but the quote listed above say it does did they change it again from out cry?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by RJTravis View Post
    Iv been gone for almost 2 weeks but the quote listed above say it does did they change it again from out cry?
    yea they did a PTS pvp event Tuesday (and ongoing) and after the first day decided to roll it back, its in the sticky on this forum

btw, I agreed that valor should also reduce healing received for the system they originally had in 1.3, but its going to be a non issue. heals are getting a nerf from mana regen (according to people doing the PTS) and valor isn't getting the change.
    Last edited by generatedname; 06-17-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Sez

So many changes. People are getting confused.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    they could have put a better title on the sticky to get people the message without reading it like "1.3 valor change reverted" or anything, but "valor change update" isn't getting enough hits

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    yea they did a PTS pvp event Tuesday (and ongoing) and after the first day decided to roll it back, its in the sticky on this forum

btw, I agreed that valor should also reduce healing received for the system they originally had in 1.3, but its going to be a non issue. heals are getting a nerf from mana regen (according to people doing the PTS) and valor isn't getting the change.
    Ty for getting me up to date.

Ya I was on my phone before & didn't get a chance to read the sticky xD

So they are going to try to make valor affect mana regen?

I already see a problem if they mess with regen of manna & im looking at the manna drainers QQ all over again.

I sure hope they do alot of testing because I'm sick of them nerfing classes some people love to take short cuts in balance.

Yea, take a vacation, come back, relearn your class.

Er . . . a proposed change was on the *test server* and was rescinded on the *test server.* The point of a test server being to test changes. If that made you relearn your class, try playing on the live servers instead. Where nothing changed.

Rift Master

Giving valor a negative effect is a horrible idea.

That's what happens when a game wants to add pvp after its been launched. We're all still waiting....

+ Reply to Thread