+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for a little help from the experienced pvp crowd, if I may.

Telaran

Default Looking for a little help from the experienced pvp crowd, if I may.

I just started to pvp in warfronts, to add a little spice from the random T2's, when not much is going on. I will admit, it is a kick in the pants. Except when I start swearing, after being steamrolled by a group of P6 geared train wrecks, and my wife hears me. Then I get in trouble. (it is not a good thing to be in your mid 40's and put in 'timeout' by your wife)

I am confused about the 1.3 patch and what I am seeing about the changes to 'valor'. I am only rank 3 as of now, and play a heavy warden build on my cleric. My valor is 260+ ish. But I can still get owned by a group focusing on me, fairly easy.

My question is, should I be saving my favor points now, instead of purchasing the P3neck/boots/belt? (I already have the helm) Or with this new patch, is the upcoming changes make that 140+ valor jump not worth it?

That is where I am confused. I do not have a grasp on the valor system yet, or what the new changes actually mean.

Right now I am just having fun jumping into the frey and healing my butt off, and getting frustrated when my dps support turns tail and runs, to let me get owned.

I take it personally when I let one of my team mates die, I just wish sometimes more groups would try to put more focus on making sure I live, instead of just zooming off.

Thanks for the time and advice.

Champion of Telara

1.3 is no longer actually changing valour.

Kudos to you for jumping in and then asking questions! It is refreshing to see this rather than immediately crying

It can be a tough choice to save the valour or spend them on r3/4 gear.

Personally, if you can handle being a bit squishier, I would recommend buying all R1/2 pvp gear, then skipping 3 and 4 - going straight to buying the r5/6 upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    1.3 is no longer actually changing valour.

Kudos to you for jumping in and then asking questions! It is refreshing to see this rather than immediately crying

It can be a tough choice to save the valour or spend them on r3/4 gear.

Personally, if you can handle being a bit squishier, I would recommend buying all R1/2 pvp gear, then skipping 3 and 4 - going straight to buying the r5/6 upgrades.
    I'd buy all the gear.

I'm P4 and have bought all pieces, when I finish all the P4 pieces I'll have about 60k prestige left to grind until P5.

So that will give me 50k or so head start soon as I get P5 on favor.

Buying all the gear up till now has been worth it, gained tons of survivablity and I'll be sitting on about 680 or so valor before I hit P5.

What I do is focus on making sure my whole setup is all pvp gear. I get what I can, and try and crank up my valor as much as possible. If not valor then endurance.

I am a healer though so I want to scrape and claw and do everything I can to try and stay alive haha.

+ Reply to Thread