+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Macros need a nerf not the classes..

Soulwalker

Default Macros need a nerf not the classes..

Seriously, the macro system in this game is in need of some tweaking. The high burst in PvP is mostly because people can stack multiple different abilities into a single macro button, many of which are off the GCD. This totally removes the delay in damage you'd normally see from human reaction time to press a different button at the appropriate time in combat. Not only does this macro system cause abnormally high amounts of burst damage, it also dumbs down the combat. There's some specs that can get by with 1 to 2 macro buttons for dealing damage.

If they did change the macros though, then they would need to add better onscreen notifications for reactionary abilities. That way you're not staring at your ability bars all fight long. But, they are adding addon support so someone would end up making an addon like WoW's TellMeWhen and life would be good again.

Really though, WoW doesn't use this macro system anymore, what made you guys think it wouldn't be a problem?

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Driver2 View Post
    Really though, WoW doesn't use this macro system anymore, what made you guys think it wouldn't be a problem?
    It's not a problem. That's why they didn't think it would be a problem.

Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Plane Touched

Seriously, the macro system in this game is in need of some tweaking. The high burst in PvP is mostly because people can stack multiple different abilities into a single macro button, many of which are off the GCD. This totally removes the delay in damage you'd normally see from human reaction time to press a different button at the appropriate time in combat. Not only does this macro system cause abnormally high amounts of burst damage, it also dumbs down the combat. There's some specs that can get by with 1 to 2 macro buttons for dealing damage.

If they did change the macros though, then they would need to add better onscreen notifications for reactionary abilities. That way you're not staring at your ability bars all fight long. But, they are adding addon support so someone would end up making an addon like WoW's TellMeWhen and life would be good again.

Your going to get trolled but its the truth.

And to make things worse is everyone uses the same macros.

The fact is your actualy forced to use macros without them you can't even come close to matching macrod dps.

The issue is however there is hardware that allows you to have built in macros like the g15 so people who don't use that stuff are at a disadvantage

Isz
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by labais View Post
    Your going to get trolled but its the truth.

And to make things worse is everyone uses the same macros.

The fact is your actualy forced to use macros without them you can't even come close to matching macrod dps.

The issue is however there is hardware that allows you to have built in macros like the g15 so people who don't use that stuff are at a disadvantage
    us MM's have no real reason to use macros, nor does my bard job.

Why don't you just learn how to use the macros and stop complaining. There are 8 souls in each class? A buttload of combinations and abilities. I don't want to learn and redo my hotbar for every combination. The macros are awesome and make for more combat awareness and action oriented gameplay. So learn how to use them, they aren't going anywhere.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by labais View Post
    Hardware can't determine when specific reactionary abilities are available to be used. That requires human interaction.

Sez

Hardware can't determine when specific reactionary abilities are available to be used. That requires human interaction.
    Or an Addon

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by inaliz View Post
    Why don't you just learn how to use the macros and stop complaining. There are 8 souls in each class? A buttload of combinations and abilities. I don't want to learn and redo my hotbar for every combination. The macros are awesome and make for more combat awareness and action oriented gameplay. So learn how to use them, they aren't going anywhere.
    I'm not saying I don't know how to use them. I'm saying they're the reason why we've got such crazy high amounts of burst damage in PvP.

Sez

I'm not saying I don't know how to use them. I'm saying they're the reason why we've got such crazy high amounts of burst damage in PvP.
    Pyros are getting nerfed, you don't have to pretend its caused by something else.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Or an Addon
    Exactly. But an addon will at least allow you to watch the fight and not your bars.

Plane Touched

With that keyboard i could bind a follow up attack to a key like i then make it so every time i pressed one on my keyboard it also pressed i.

Shield of Telara

Maybe if we didn't have so many damn reactive abilities.

IMO, having all reactives in one button makes for a much more enjoyable experience. I get to actually watch the fight rather than looking at my hotbar to see if a reactive is available.

You would still have the same burst in pvp without macros. It just would take way more time to learn and get muscle memory to play the infinite soul combinations you can come up with. For instance a marskman doesn't have many macros available. If you want to play a low macro spec you can do so!

Also I recommend getting a g13 gameboard! I have had one for 3 years and can't even imagine playing these games without it.
    Last edited by inaliz; 06-17-2011 at 11:24 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Pyros are getting nerfed, you don't have to pretend its caused by something else.
    This isn't about any specific class. There's been damage nerfs to classes before, and there will be more in the future. The macro system though is a big part of the problem though.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by inaliz View Post
    You would still have the same burst in pvp without macros.
    Considering you can't possibly press 5 different buttons as fast as you could press 1, I find that hard to believe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast