+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift has potential for great Pvp.

Plane Touched

Default Rift has potential for great Pvp.

When i started playing rift it reminds me so much of warhammer online.
    Besides all the balancing issues lag . etc, warhammer online was my favorite game for pvp.
    They had warfronts you can enter from level 1.
    3 different warfronts per tier.
    They had open world pvp sieges that was so much fun.(was laggy but fun)
    I played aoc, aion warhammer online, eq2.Pvp in aion was great was well .But i enjoyed pvp in warhammer online the best.
    All the developers have to do is create 4 new zones.
    The same way Regulus and his minions are able to come to our world through rifts make it that every hour we can go through a rift to their world.
    We can attack their keeps and compete to take it, after we take it its ours for 1 hr, merchants there sell pvp armor , weapons and trikets.The bosses drop bags similar to the rift rewards but with pvp goodies.
    We gain tokens that can be used for pvp gear .
    Now after an hr the keeps go vunerable again regulus and his minions and the other faction compete again to take the keep.
    You can do 4 tiers of this tier 1 level 20 -30
    tier 2 level 30 - 40
    tier 3 level 40 to 50
    tier 4 level 50 plus.
    Rift runs smooth never really have any issues with lag in rift raids , and the developers are working hard on class balancing for pvp.
    You guys have tools, use a little bit of warhammer online pvp, aion , etc .

Soulwalker

Default Warhammer

Warhammer was indeed one of, if not the best mmo for pvpers, sadly it didn't work smoothly on most computers and pretty much is dead, if Trion would take more ideas from warhammer, the pvp here would be amazing. And less like WoW's pvp which is what it's kind of like right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabsalot View Post
    When i started playing rift it reminds me so much of warhammer online.
    Besides all the balancing issues lag . etc, warhammer online was my favorite game for pvp.
    They had warfronts you can enter from level 1.
    3 different warfronts per tier.
    They had open world pvp sieges that was so much fun.(was laggy but fun)
    I played aoc, aion warhammer online, eq2.Pvp in aion was great was well .But i enjoyed pvp in warhammer online the best.
    All the developers have to do is create 4 new zones.
    The same way Regulus and his minions are able to come to our world through rifts make it that every hour we can go through a rift to their world.
    We can attack their keeps and compete to take it, after we take it its ours for 1 hr, merchants there sell pvp armor , weapons and trikets.The bosses drop bags similar to the rift rewards but with pvp goodies.
    We gain tokens that can be used for pvp gear .
    Now after an hr the keeps go vunerable again regulus and his minions and the other faction compete again to take the keep.
    You can do 4 tiers of this tier 1 level 20 -30
    tier 2 level 30 - 40
    tier 3 level 40 to 50
    tier 4 level 50 plus.
    Rift runs smooth never really have any issues with lag in rift raids , and the developers are working hard on class balancing for pvp.
    You guys have tools, use a little bit of warhammer online pvp, aion , etc .
    Yes it does have great potential for pvp, which is coming. Unfortunately warhammer failed hard because of many reasons. Trion has shown to be far superior to EA/Mythic in many ways. More PvP is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer998 View Post
    Warhammer was indeed one of, if not the best mmo for pvpers, sadly it didn't work smoothly on most computers and pretty much is dead, if Trion would take more ideas from warhammer, the pvp here would be amazing. And less like WoW's pvp which is what it's kind of like right now.
    The best? No, not even close. Ran good for most people that I know. Warhammer online's end game was a scam and completely broken.

Check out my suggestion thread in my sig, bump the **** out of it. If these things happen rift has potential to be the best PvP game of all time. Except for shadowbane, the best pvp game of all time hands down and noone has the balls to even try something like it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer998 View Post
    I sincerely disagree with your assessment of the greatness of WAR and suspect that it denotes a lack of MMO experience, but regardless I have to say in many ways the PvP in WAR was better than the PvP in Rift.

I could never go back to WAR as it is because EA took Mythic's masterpiece (DAoC with 6 fantasy factions at war in the Warhammer Fantasy universe) and turned it into a WoW clone with Keeps, and I'm just not willing to give them my money for a game that's only a shell of what it could have and should have been. Besides I was unhappy with the PvP in WAR for many of the same reasons I hated WoW and am dissatisfied with Rift.

But I Digress, I agree that Rift has the potential for great PvP and good suggestions are abound for how to improve the PvP in this game, and luckily I think Trion is listening due to the mass /unsubscribe exodus of PvPers.

+ Reply to Thread