+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank you fix Premades Queues at 1.3!!!

Soulwalker

Default Thank you fix Premades Queues at 1.3!!!

Was about time after 4 months put different queues for Premades and Pugs,everybody will be happy now except the ez-mode favor farmers,now they are gonna play fair pvp lol.

Keep up the good work the game is getting better month by month!!!

This is not going to work nearly as well as people hope. I know enough of the 24/7 PvPheads to know that most of them would rather solo queue if they can do it and win. They have to form groups because they can't win by themselves if the other team has a PvPhead group (team game, obviously). They're still going to play 24/7 because that's what they do. Actually they might play even more now, if they don't have to wait for their teammates to be online. So they're still going to be in every game. And there's nothing about the group-queue button that makes them trash you any harder than the same people all clicking the solo-queue button.

Premade complaints were a red herring, as people will see soon. If you were going to do queue segregation, you should have done it by gear or rank. Not which button the guy clicked.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    This is not going to work nearly as well as people hope. I know enough of the 24/7 PvPheads to know that most of them would rather solo queue if they can do it and win. They have to form groups because they can't win by themselves if the other team has a PvPhead group (team game, obviously). They're still going to play 24/7 because that's what they do. Actually they might play even more now, if they don't have to wait for their teammates to be online. So they're still going to be in every game. And there's nothing about the group-queue button that makes them trash you any harder than the same people all clicking the solo-queue button.

Premade complaints were a red herring, as people will see soon. If you were going to do queue segregation, you should have done it by gear or rank. Not which button the guy clicked.

Better players are better players, there's nothing that can or should be done about that.

But random people meeting pre-organised people is just plain daft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartolomeus D View Post
    Queueing solo should not place you in a warfront against opponents that queued as a group.

It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippington View Post
    Better players are better players, there's nothing that can or should be done about that.
    Yes, exactly. And this change will show people exactly how much of the stomping was due to better players with better gear (hint: a lot) and how much was due to "organization" (hint: not that much). Because there will still be plenty of stomping to go around.

I'm a bit annoyed with it because I currently group-queue a lot but don't organize anything. I just take any guildy who wants to join, or anyone from my server I recognize in the same WF I take for the next game, until the group is full. No voicecom, no class or spec composition min-maxing. Just a social group. With the change, that's going to be a bad idea. Unless I actually want to nag people to get on vent, turn down bad players, and actively manage class composition, then I should just be antisocial and solo queue. Which is what I will probably end up doing, that other stuff is a headache.

the amount of premades out there is highly exaggerated. The majority of the games I play are straight up pugs with maybe a few duos/trios sprinkled in here and there but nothing that affects the outcome. Most times when a pug is getting stomped they will see a few people from the same server and go "we are only losing cuz of your premade" when it's not even a premade.

This will come in to realization when all the cry babies are still getting spawn camped by pugs full of r5/6 players and then they will be right back here crying for gear matching queues.

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    the amount of premades out there is highly exaggerated. The majority of the games I play are straight up pugs with maybe a few duos/trios sprinkled in here and there but nothing that affects the outcome. Most times when a pug is getting stomped they will see a few people from the same server and go "we are only losing cuz of your premade" when it's not even a premade.

This will come in to realization when all the cry babies are still getting spawn camped by pugs full of r5/6 players and then they will be right back here crying for gear matching queues.
    You play in every cluster?

As for gear-matching - yep, there should be six Join All queues for the US and six for the EU.

R1-R2(equiv) PUG
    R1-R2(equiv) Premade
    R3-R4(equiv) PUG
    R3-R4(equiv) Premade
    R5-R6(equiv) PUG
    R5-R6(equiv) Premade

Heck, while we're at it - throw in the R6 only ranked WFs where folks queue the full WF raid.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    My cluster is a different one than his but works the same way. Rare to have real premades, mostly just pickups with a few duos and trios. Yet that doesn't stop people from blaming "premades" when they lose. Devs are making a mistake for listening to the surface complaint (premades) rather than the real complaint (getting stomped by better/more geared players). Should have done gear matching if anything.

Plane Touched

I for one will be much happier fighting rank 6 solo players instead of premade (everyone train kill me groups). But I am rank 6 also so all I care about is an even fight. Fighting a premade wouldn't be so bad if everyone on vent didnt shout out, Kill that pyro back there!

I mean 3 warriors making a beline for me and skiping everyone else? come on. unorginized pugs dont do that even tho they should lol.
    50 Warrior
    50 Mage
    50 Defiant cleric
    50 rogue
    50 Defiant Mage

Ascendant

Yeah I don't know that a lot of change will be seen.

They need to merge all WF's together though, and make it so people who solo queue can play only with other people who solo queue if they want.

I agree with others that the number of premades is not as much as some think. You see the same people over and over just because of population numbers. Some people read into that, that there are premades, but most of the time it is just 2-3 players and other randoms from their server.

Plane Touched

Yes, exactly. And this change will show people exactly how much of the stomping was due to better players with better gear (hint: a lot) and how much was due to "organization" (hint: not that much). Because there will still be plenty of stomping to go around.

I'm a bit annoyed with it because I currently group-queue a lot but don't organize anything. I just take any guildy who wants to join, or anyone from my server I recognize in the same WF I take for the next game, until the group is full. No voicecom, no class or spec composition min-maxing. Just a social group. With the change, that's going to be a bad idea. Unless I actually want to nag people to get on vent, turn down bad players, and actively manage class composition, then I should just be antisocial and solo queue. Which is what I will probably end up doing, that other stuff is a headache.
    You are entitled to your own opinion and to do what you want, but there are people out there who enjoy a challenge, like getting on vent and organizing team builds and working on PvP coordination. Right now "premades" were formed simply to grind rep and it mind-numbingly boring stomping PUGs all day and going up against another decent premade 1 out of every 10 BGs. This will hopefully be the first step in many to make PvP more interesting in this game.

Plane Touched

My cluster is a different one than his but works the same way. Rare to have real premades, mostly just pickups with a few duos and trios. Yet that doesn't stop people from blaming "premades" when they lose. Devs are making a mistake for listening to the surface complaint (premades) rather than the real complaint (getting stomped by better/more geared players). Should have done gear matching if anything.
    I have a question on how this will work when you are duo, I duo que alot. will that send us to the premade que's or solo ques?
    50 Warrior
    50 Mage
    50 Defiant cleric
    50 rogue
    50 Defiant Mage

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Skyro View Post
    You are entitled to your own opinion and to do what you want, but there are people out there who enjoy a challenge, like getting on vent and organizing team builds and working on PvP coordination. Right now "premades" were formed simply to grind rep and it mind-numbingly boring stomping PUGs all day and going up against another decent premade 1 out of every 10 BGs. This will hopefully be the first step in many to make PvP more interesting in this game.
    Well said, my feelings exactly Premades fight premades for the challange, solo fight solo for the challange, premade fighting pug for pres farming only.
    Last edited by Zen Nashton; 06-17-2011 at 08:30 AM.
    50 Warrior
    50 Mage
    50 Defiant cleric
    50 rogue
    50 Defiant Mage

As for gear-matching - yep, there should be six Join All queues for the US and six for the EU.

R1-R2(equiv) PUG
    R1-R2(equiv) Premade
    R3-R4(equiv) PUG
    R3-R4(equiv) Premade
    R5-R6(equiv) PUG
    R5-R6(equiv) Premade

Heck, while we're at it - throw in the R6 only ranked WFs where folks queue the full WF raid.
    cool so everyone can have 45 minute queue times, sounds great. Half the games i play currently start with less than the max players allowed and we are paired with deepstrike the 2nd biggest pvp server.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 06-17-2011 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    cool so everyone can have 45 minute queue times, sounds great. Half the games i play currently start with less than the max players allowed and we are paired with deepstrike the 2nd biggest pvp server.
    6 queues for US. 6 for EU.

Prior to the merger of clusters they did recently - how many queues were there? 59 US shards with 3-4 shards a queue? Somewhere between 14-19 queues or so...

...so again: 6 queues vs. 14-19 queues.

And you think queue times would go up?

...once again: 6 queues for all US shards vs. 14-19 queues.

Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

6 queues for US. 6 for EU.

Prior to the merger of clusters they did recently - how many queues were there? 59 US shards with 3-4 shards a queue? Somewhere between 14-19 queues or so...

...so again: 6 queues vs. 14-19 queues.

...once again: 6 queues for all US shards vs. 14-19 queues.

yes because like i said the number of premades out there is highly exxagerated. Unless they capped the specific requirement wait time at 5 minutes and then just mixed you in with everyone it would be bad move.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast