+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why do all pvp souls start with -15% crit besides rogue Also....

Soulwalker

Default Why do all pvp souls start with -15% crit besides rogue Also....

I Dont know, but as a starting rogue this seems a tad odd that class classes have this talent besides rogue. and its at the start of the tree making it easy to get.

I am level 43, with 235 dex (12.6% crit)

So fighting anyone of any other class besides rogue that selects this soul reduces my base crit chance to 0% that seems kinds odd since rogue is a dex based character..

Does this have the same effect agenst rogues later (i dont know crit chances for lvl 50)

Also.... Slip away does not seem that effective for a 2 min cd, anything that causes a bleed/curse makes it instantly useless as an escape plan. perhaps lower the cd to 1 min so it can have more of an offensive effect or increase the immunity for more of a defensive.

What do you think of this

(sorry for lack of question marks atm comp decided to have it as and i forgot how to change it)

Rift Master

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Athose View Post
    I Dont know, but as a starting rogue this seems a tad odd that class classes have this talent besides rogue. and its at the start of the tree making it easy to get.

I am level 43, with 235 dex (12.6% crit)

So fighting anyone of any other class besides rogue that selects this soul reduces my base crit chance to 0% that seems kinds odd since rogue is a dex based character..

Does this have the same effect agenst rogues later (i dont know crit chances for lvl 50)

Also.... Slip away does not seem that effective for a 2 min cd, anything that causes a bleed/curse makes it instantly useless as an escape plan. perhaps lower the cd to 1 min so it can have more of an offensive effect or increase the immunity for more of a defensive.

What do you think of this

(sorry for lack of question marks atm comp decided to have it as and i forgot how to change it)

At 50 and decent gear, you will have alot higher chance to crit. On my cleric who isn't stacked crit, and my primary stat doesn't increase crit, I have around 30%. Just because its low in the tree doesn't mean everyone will have it. You have to sacrifice utilizing another soul to use the pvp soul, alot of which are not worth it. I use the pvp soul on my healer- but I use the other side of the tree, and don't get the crit reduction. On my dps spec, I would completely ruin my dps or survivability if I used the pvp soul.

also, when I used the reduced crit ability, I still got crit all the time. I don't think its calculated how you think. I think it reduces the chance that player will crit you based on how much crit you have. So if you have 12% crit, it will lower that by 15%.. Which is not 12-15 btw. I however did not test this, its just speculation.

Well if it's any consolation mage hybrid spec's are very point starved and generally they only put 5 into archmage for the 15% damage. The 51 dps spec's will generally go dps into AM and not def.

We die so fast without neddra's essence, or self heals (- 80% dmg) that the -crit isn't really noticed (might by us a second on a good day).

Telaran

why do all the pvp souls except rogue start without -15% aoe damage taken?
    Sugram@Bloodiron

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Athose View Post
    Also.... Slip away...
    So you're an assassin?
    You do realise that some of your MOST powerfull attacks crits like 60-70% of the time... right?
    And that using slip away offensively allows you to use them twice in 2 seconds?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nooblet View Post

also, when I used the reduced crit ability, I still got crit all the time. I don't think its calculated how you think. I think it reduces the chance that player will crit you based on how much crit you have. So if you have 12% crit, it will lower that by 15%.. Which is not 12-15 btw. I however did not test this, its just speculation.
    Your speculation is wrong.

+ Reply to Thread