+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rank 6 Cleric Video EP2

Default Rank 6 Cleric Video EP2

Not sure how to respond. Either SEE TRION, THIS IS WHY CLERIC HEALING NEEDS NERFED!! Or, I only saw your hots get eradicated once, they should learn to play. Good times though.

Rift Chaser

I am sorry but how can anyone see this as balanced is totally beyond me. He didnt get CC'd that much at all if any so he was playing against some baddies but still it does show a geared cleric tanking an entire warfront essentially. This should not be possible imho. Even without CC an entire warfront teams DPS should be able to take down a cleric rank 6 or otherwise. I am mystified as to how he didn't go down under the sheer DPS perhaps someone can explain....

Rift Master

what's new, the power of HOTS

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Wargawd View Post
    I am sorry but how can anyone see this as balanced is totally beyond me. He didnt get CC'd that much at all if any so he was playing against some baddies but still it does show a geared cleric tanking an entire warfront essentially. This should not be possible imho. Even without CC an entire warfront teams DPS should be able to take down a cleric rank 6 or otherwise. I am mystified as to how he didn't go down under the sheer DPS perhaps someone can explain....
    Spamming soothing stream will pretty much keep you up against 2-3 players if you're properly specced into templar and warden.

Soulwalker

Default Umm...

Hes not dying ..sure..

But it doesn't look like he's actually killing anyone either, not much point PVPing if your just running around staying alive....

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    Hes not dying ..sure..

But it doesn't look like he's actually killing anyone either, not much point PVPing if your just running around staying alive....

Now think about if he actually tried, he could have tanked them, been unkillable and killed them all.
    Pre-server merges BS statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Given how quickly population seems to be growing overall, I think we'll see new servers before mergers.
    Post server merges BS Statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I think at this point I'm obliged to grant that functionally I was wrong about mergers.
    A quick snap of the neck keeps those corpses nice and dead like." ~ Ferry

Quote Originally Posted by Lockiszemode View Post
    Now think about if he actually tried, he could have tanked them, been unkillable and killed them all.
    I think that's a bit extreme. Did anyone else not see that all the players mana had gone? Yea a potion could have topped it up. But eventually, mana will run out. And there only seemed at most about 3 or 4 players hitting the cleric at any one time anyway.

Just gang up on them and make them your first target lol

Default impressive

I want someone from Trion to watch this and tell me what they think...

Nive vid man ! Fabulous !
    http://www.reverbnation.com/madvalrockatanskytherevenge

Soulwalker

You can't possibly watch this video and say Clerics are OP. I'm sorry, but it's just completely insane how there's video proof of how *not* to pvp a cleric, and people *still* shout OP.

1. The Cleric wasn't silenced *once* during the entire video, and I believe his heals were dispelled *maybe* once.

2. Rule #1 in group pvp is to *never* let the other teams healer get off a cast if you can help it. The cleric was allowed to actually free-cast what spells he actually had to stand and cast.

3. Something interesting was proven in this video. The Cleric seemed unstoppable, and could tank 2-3 people at a time (all of which seemed intent on only dps'ing him down instead of actually using silences/interrupts/CC) but he sure as heck wasn't able to kill anyone, especially since most of the video he actually had to use his GCD's to tend to his *own* heals before he could do much else.

4. His mana wasn't infinite, it ran out relatively quickly. If he hadn't been allowed to sit behind a rock and raise it up, he'd have been slaughtered.

Now here's a thought: Think, just for a moment, what the world would have been like if, and humor me here, he had his heals dispelled! Shocker, right? Then, stay with me, directly after that he had been silenced? Oh my goodness, my brain hurts at this thought. . . But you know what the world would have been like? One more cleric would be waiting in the graveyard. . .
    Last edited by Iechinok; 06-17-2011 at 12:03 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by KaldorIW View Post
    I think that's a bit extreme. Did anyone else not see that all the players mana had gone? Yea a potion could have topped it up. But eventually, mana will run out. And there only seemed at most about 3 or 4 players hitting the cleric at any one time anyway.

Just gang up on them and make them your first target lol
    This is why you dont allow Potion,drinks in any sort of PVP at all, its dumb.
    you are consider a noob if you use Potion in PVP, in most of the F2P games.
    just my point of view and a few others anyways,

he did walk all the way up to them for one part, but they did not target him which was L O L.

Plane Walker

Using all allowed options in PvP is the way to go. I don't see why somebody should not use potions if they are allowed in warfronts. Under the same logic they should not allow people to sit down and drink. It doesn't make much sense either.

Whilst I do believe clerics need to be brought down a bit, those guys your were fighting against were just terrible, even for a pug (I hope they were a pug!)

They let you run around mostly unhindered, un-debuffed, free to spam heal your group!
    Playtime - p4x Guardian Rogue - Bloodiron
    Sma - p4x Guardian Mage - Bloodiron

Is an Archon can mass dispell hot healing with "Purging flames" ? Noob question.
    Must test with mine. I love to purge purge purge with this ahahaha ;)
    http://www.reverbnation.com/madvalrockatanskytherevenge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast