+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: Give us a Free For All Shard

  1. #1
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default Give us a Free For All Shard

    Dear Trion, please give us a free for all shard where we can group with or kill anyone regardless of faction. Making towns neutral outside of capitals and starting zones would be a good way to keep it balanced.

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    Dear Trion, please give us a free for all shard where we can group with or kill anyone regardless of faction. Making towns neutral outside of capitals and starting zones would be a good way to keep it balanced.
    then what? with no pvp objective you will soon be bored. and only the griefers will be left on this server.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Lonz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stabsalot View Post
    then what? with no pvp objective you will soon be bored. and only the griefers will be left on this server.
    Agreed. FFA PVP outside of anything other than an instanced arena/warfront or contained area will be naught but a griefer's paradise. Why on earth would anybody bother to try levelling on such a Shard?

    I adore the idea of FFA PVP because frankly, the ****** that parks his mount on the mailbox is asking for a godamn slappin', but I can see the flaw with the open world FFA thing. It won't work.
    Space Core: I'm in Space.
    Wheatley: I know you are, mate! Yep, we're both in space.
    Space Core: SPAAAAACE!

  4. #4
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonz View Post
    Agreed. FFA PVP outside of anything other than an instanced arena/warfront or contained area will be naught but a griefer's paradise.
    I don't believe you've thought that position through, on a FFA Server Players would establish and enforce their own PvP rules, people would learn who the griefers were and deal with them in their own way, and I want you to answer me how would a FFA server differ as a "Griefer Paradise" from standard shards other than the fact that half the server wouldn't be free to act like total pricks with no recourse simply because they wear the same color?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonz View Post
    Why on earth would anybody bother to try levelling on such a Shard?
    Because mature PvPers often prefer FFA PvP games over this Red Team vs Blue Team kiddie crap. Why the hell shouldn't people have the option?


    Quote Originally Posted by Lonz View Post
    I adore the idea of FFA PVP because frankly, the ****** that parks his mount on the mailbox is asking for a godamn slappin', but I can see the flaw with the open world FFA thing. It won't work.
    Why wouldn't it work? It's worked in a lot of MMO's, are you saying that FFA can't work or are you saying that it specifically wouldn't work in this game?

  5. #5
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stabsalot View Post
    then what? with no pvp objective you will soon be bored.
    They're adding PvP objectives, and then mature PvPers who aren't WoW kiddies could play on a PvP server where members of their own faction can't act like total pricks with complete impunity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stabsalot View Post
    and only the griefers will be left on this server.
    You've never played an FFA MMO have you? Yeah Griefers would roll on the server, but so would mature PvPers who are sick of people being able to do whatever they want with impunity just because they wear the same stripes. Let me ask you something, if I'm a griefer and I just completely grief you and your guild, don't you think I'll make your kill on sight list? A FFA server means PvP with consequences, which is completely lacking from this cookie cutter WoW clone.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Lonz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    I don't believe you've thought that position through, on a FFA Server Players would establish and enforce their own PvP rules, people would learn who the griefers were and deal with them in their own way, and I want you to answer me how would a FFA server differ as a "Griefer Paradise" from standard shards other than the fact that half the server wouldn't be free to act like total pricks with no recourse simply because they wear the same color?
    Your point is fair, but as with all things once the thrill wears off, people just cbf'ed getting involved in the petty squabbles of others. Call for help because someone is acting like a arse and you'll be met with replies along the lines of 'PVP happened on a PVP server. Lawl'

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    Because mature PvPers often prefer FFA PvP games over this Red Team vs Blue Team kiddie crap. Why the hell shouldn't people have the option?
    I already said I like the idea. Just not a whole Shard of it because there are, quite frankly, not enough mature PVP'ers around to substantiate your ideal. PVP'ers are by definition players who get their kicks at the expense of others discomfiture. I love to PVP, but just because I'm a grownup does not automatically make me mature about PVP. IF someone picked my flower I'm going to bust a cap in him for sure. That's not really mature. Fun though. *grin*

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    Why wouldn't it work? It's worked in a lot of MMO's, are you saying that FFA can't work or are you saying that it specifically wouldn't work in this game?
    It specifically wouldn't work in this game. The entire subsystem would need to be redesigned to support the FFA feature. I'm all for it, but in instanced and controlled areas. I want to be able to go to an area and slaughter my little heart out. I want to have the opportunity to go for a 100 kill streak without a stupid objective getting in the way. I want to kill for the joy of killing. Just don't think it'll work if you allow FFA where people won't be able to get anything done in cities because the problem kids are home from school and they've got beef.
    Space Core: I'm in Space.
    Wheatley: I know you are, mate! Yep, we're both in space.
    Space Core: SPAAAAACE!

  7. #7
    Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    577

    Default

    I'd play there. Oh, and I find it amusing that the inherent flaws of an FFA PvP are thought of as reasons for such a server not to exist. It's amusing because the flaws of instanced PvP haven't prevented the current PvP servers from running. Nothing's perfect and a little variety never hurt anybody.

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Here's the beauty of multiple server choices: if you don't like the ruleset, don't play there!

    Those of us that want FFA PVP will have our fun, those that don't want it can stick with their own servers.

    PS: Also, please put in full item loot.

  9. #9
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonz View Post
    Your point is fair, but as with all things once the thrill wears off, people just cbf'ed getting involved in the petty squabbles of others. Call for help because someone is acting like a arse and you'll be met with replies along the lines of 'PVP happened on a PVP server. Lawl'
    Pretty much all of your arguments are invalid as reasons that mature PvPers should not have access to a hardcore PvP server. If you didn't like it you wouldn't have to play it, if you rolled a character and it wore on you then you could transfer off, your entire case seems to revolve around your limited imagination and an apparent lack of experience with Open PvP.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple Lonz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    your entire case seems to revolve around your limited imagination and an apparent lack of experience with Open PvP.
    No, my entire case revolves around the fact that if you wanted this feature you would be playing a different game that offers it inherently. The devs will not redesign their game or develop one whole server for you to mess with because a very small minority want their bread butterred both sides.
    Space Core: I'm in Space.
    Wheatley: I know you are, mate! Yep, we're both in space.
    Space Core: SPAAAAACE!

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonz View Post
    No, my entire case revolves around the fact that if you wanted this feature you would be playing a different game that offers it inherently. The devs will not redesign their game or develop one whole server for you to mess with because a very small minority want their bread butterred both sides.
    Tag

    cankillthejerkstandingnexttome = 1

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Lonz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Painsaw View Post
    Tag

    cankillthejerkstandingnexttome = 1
    Yup, cause that tag totally exists and is just set to 0, amirite? I'm not arguing for arguments sake. I'm in favor of FFA PVP I just think that what you are asking for is unrealistic. But yeah, my opinion and I've aired it. I'm out.
    Space Core: I'm in Space.
    Wheatley: I know you are, mate! Yep, we're both in space.
    Space Core: SPAAAAACE!

  13. #13
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonz View Post
    Yup, cause that tag totally exists and is just set to 0, amirite? I'm not arguing for arguments sake. I'm in favor of FFA PVP I just think that what you are asking for is unrealistic. But yeah, my opinion and I've aired it. I'm out.
    It's obvious at this point that you're simply trolling, but the bad thing about it is that you're shooting down ideas that would help Trion salvage this game from the mass PvP exodus taking place and actually broaden their customer base and market appeal. Now your excuse boils down to "OMG The Code is Alien Rocket Science and Can Not Be Changed ZOMG It's impossible, IMPOSSIBLE, CODE TOO COMPLEX FOR TRION."

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple Lonz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    It's obvious at this point that you're simply trolling, but the bad thing about it is that you're shooting down ideas that would help Trion salvage this game from the mass PvP exodus taking place and actually broaden their customer base and market appeal. Now your excuse boils down to "OMG The Code is Alien Rocket Science and Can Not Be Changed ZOMG It's impossible, IMPOSSIBLE, CODE TOO COMPLEX FOR TRION."
    1) Your idea will not 'salvage the game' - if anything, it'll cause different issues rather then fixing any existing ones.
    2) Expecting code to be changed just for you and your three friends is hillarious. But whatever man, kudos to you if Trion decide to cater to this whim.
    3) Calling someone a Troll simply for disagreeing with you is just laughable. But I'll do you one better, Mr Maturity. Welcome to my ignore list, now at least I don't have to listen to you whine.
    Space Core: I'm in Space.
    Wheatley: I know you are, mate! Yep, we're both in space.
    Space Core: SPAAAAACE!

  15. #15
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonz View Post
    1) Your idea will not 'salvage the game' - if anything, it'll cause different issues rather then fixing any existing ones.
    It would provide more appeal to PvPers who are extremely jaded with this game, especially hardcore PvPers and mature PvPers who enjoy PvP with consequences (which is non-existent in this title).

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonz View Post
    2) Expecting code to be changed just for you and your three friends is hillarious. But whatever man, kudos to you if Trion decide to cater to this whim.
    I don't except it to be changed just for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonz View Post
    3) Calling someone a Troll simply for disagreeing with you is just laughable.
    I'm sorry but your responses are indistinguishable from trolling. You aren't "simply disagreeing" in the way you respond.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonz View Post
    But I'll do you one better, Mr Maturity. Welcome to my ignore list, now at least I don't have to listen to you whine.
    Obvious troll is obvious.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts