+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why is Warriors doing more dps than a rouge?

Plane Touched

Default Why is Warriors doing more dps than a rouge?

Warriors has twice the amount of physical mitigation as rogues.
    So tell me why warriors are doing more dps than rogues?
    They are even getting more dps buff on test right now.
    Thats right a rogue soul should be able to do the highest melee dps.(assassin)
    a mage soul should be able to do the highest magical damage.
    A Cleric soul should be able to heal for the highest amounts.
    A warrior soul shoud be able to mitigate the highest amounts of damage.
    Different rouges souls besides the one meant for dps should have different options but not the higher dps than assassin.
    likewise warrior mages clerics .
    I understand you have damage warriors , but damage warriors should never be able to outdps a pure dps rogue soul.
    Figure out a purpose for every soul and redo it if you have to.
    But for my pure assassin i demand the highest melee dps.

Fik
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Stabsalot View Post
    Different rouges souls besides the one meant for dps should have different options but not the higher dps than assassin.
    likewise warrior mages clerics .
    I understand you have damage warriors , but damage warriors should never be able to outdps a pure dps rogue soul.
    Not a huge fan of rogues, but I'll agree WAR dps makes me want to hang my mage.

Rift Master

why are mages best aoe heals..

why are rogues best single target tanking in the game

why do sabo's do most range dmg

like really, can u guys find anything else to QQ about..

warriors are the weakest tanks in the game, they had 2 give them something.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On4xojWEe8s - working again /auto swap, not my music!
    1.3 PvP Vids

1.4 is here check it out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5z3ydavoQ

Shield of Telara

Because
    a) defensive build warriors have twice the physical mitigation but their dps sucks, dd warriors have around 1.3 to 1.5 times the mitigation which is a lot less.
    b) physical mitigation is not all that useful in rift (everyone and their mother uses armor debuffs or bypasses armor completely with elemental dmg)
    c) dps warriors have no defensive cooldowns (unlike rogues who have a **** ton) which makes champ dps builds the squishiest and most easy to control chars in rift
    Last edited by Balduran; 06-16-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Why not?

/10

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Balduran View Post
    Because
    a) defensive build warriors have twice the physical mitigation but their dps sucks, dd warriors have around 1.3 to 1.5 times the mitigation which is a lot less.
    b) physical mitigation is not all that useful in rift (everyone and their mother uses armor debuffs or bypasses armor completely with elemental dmg)
    c) dps warriors have no defensive cooldowns (unlike rogues who have a **** ton) which makes champ dps builds the squishiest and most easy to control chars in rift
    Actually rogues have possibly the worst defenses in the game, the only rogue soul that has good defenses are Riftstalker and Nightblade, but since we are talking about dps, Riftstalker is out of the question, Nightblade defenses are very deep in the tree and Nightblade soul lacks mobility, getting those defenses limits your options to make up for the immobility with other souls. Not to mention that Nightblade defenses are all on 2 minute CD.

lud
    Champion

Once healing is added the warrior jumps a mile ahead. untill rogues can burst a healer they are useless.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Balduran View Post
    Play a SC and talk about a lack of CC. Champ/paragon/vk have dispells, healing debuffs, stuns, tons of abilities off of the global cooldown, etc...

Warriors have been top dps with the exception of the brief Sabo period since beta.

Plane Touched

rogues have no defensive CD? what about slip away (log-out btn in middle of fight)? clean soul? 5 sec magic immune? break free? hidden veil?
    Last edited by DontBluffMyJ; 06-16-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothsome View Post
    why are mages best aoe heals..

why are rogues best single target tanking in the game

why do sabo's do most range dmg

like really, can u guys find anything else to QQ about..

warriors are the weakest tanks in the game, they had 2 give them something.
    This is the PvP forum, your PvE comparisons don't belong here.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by DontBluffMyJ View Post
    rogues have no defensive CD? what about slip away (log-out btn in middle of fight)? clean soul? 5 sec magic immune? break free? hidden veil?
    Please add Shadow rift, shadow warp, memory capture,Deter Death, Twlight shelter, Twlight tran and all the bloody speed buff,KB, slience,root if he prefer to shoot and many many more.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrifter View Post
    Play a SC and talk about a lack of CC. Champ/paragon/vk have dispells, healing debuffs, stuns, tons of abilities off of the global cooldown, etc...

Warriors have been top dps with the exception of the brief Sabo period since beta.
    SC complaining about warrior on CC? You have range root, snare,speed buff and OMGWTFBBQ dmg on range.

Warrior who do more dmg than rogue are often the one who can't survive a rogue shunlock.
    If you see a tank spec doing that............it mean
    YOU AS A ROGUE SUCKS.
    Last edited by Wawer; 06-16-2011 at 06:30 PM.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

Prophet of Telara

Because a rogue has the OPTION to attack from 35m.... which is a 15m difference before the warrior can even attempt to close the gap?
    Ceribaen, formerly of Nyx (D).
    Now residing on Seastone.

Care to link that? Last change I saw was a massive nerf for all soul pairings using SLI from paragon, so they could start introducing minor buffs to pick things back up and put them where they should be, without having to rely on SLI in every DPS build to make them worthwhile.

Why? Because you say so? This is Rift, this is not EQ, this is not WoW, this is Rift, what is, IS. Just because it isn't what you want it to be, dosen't mean it is wrong. You need to look at the big picture before any of these statements are made. Stop trying to define roles based on what they were in another game, you don't have warriors in this game, you have paladins and riftblades and Vk's and warlords, and you have RB/Pala's and Champ/Vks. You have PURE DPS souls in the warrior tree, stop playing under the assumption they should be doing less damage because they have the calling "warrior" attatched to them.

And why shouldn't they have a higher sustainable DPS over an assassin? Sin's are meant to be bursty from stealth gank and away types. Other melee rogues, especially bladedancer should butcher them in extended DPS contests.

Well tough ****. Your assassin isn't broke unless you play it poorly. Warriors are fine, they only become overpowering when they have healer backing or there is a large gear imbalance between the two fighters. Rogues/Mages do the same thing, with a healer they can far out perform where they should normaly be in several/most circumstances, rogues have good defensive mechanics, including the ability to pick and choose their fights the majority of the time.

Stop crying cause your not top damage, play your role, do it well, help your team win. You are entitled to NOTHING.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Catalysts; 06-16-2011 at 06:37 PM.

Plane Touched

Default simple logic

If your are wearing plate armor you should never be able to do more dps than another dps that wears leather.
    Why?
    because you take less damage, you should do less damage.

If your are wearing plate armor you should never be able to do more dps than another dps that wears leather.
    Why?
    because you take less damage, you should do less damage.
    Let me know when plate armor ever has any effect on Fulminate/Cinderburst/Sanction Heretic, or when a melee warrior can kill a Marksman on movement steroids, and then, I'll agree with you.

Stop this ridiculous QQ already. If you can't kill a warrior as an Assassin, it's either a gear issue, or you just don't know how to use Slip Away. Or, he's a 51 Riftblade with Avatar of the Rift on, then, the simplest thing you can do is, ****. You can pick your fights, be smart about it.
    Rosette
    Warrior Tank & DPS
    <I III III VII>
    Guardians, Dayblind

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast