+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49

Thread: WF healers

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default WF healers

    Please fix warden healers in pvp, healing in general is fine but a class that can simply spam instant cast HoT spells ruins pvp... its the only spec i see healer clerics run anymore. you get a shard carrier with 1-2 warden heals on them it takes a small army to even put a dent in them... or u get a warden cast ripple and nodes are easily wiped and taken over.

    This class needs to be nerfd or reworked, the amount of hots they can cast is ridiculous. Don't say you simply need to purge them because if u do that you are putting out 0 dps and the extra players that are running with the warden immediately focus the person who is purging.

    you cant silence or stun to kill these healers because they still have hots ticking on them.

    and all you healers who try to troll this post need to learn how to heal again.... this spec is a crutch for bad players and takes no skill at all

  2. #2
    Ascendant Stay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Takes 10+ seconds to fully apply HoTs. Try switching to someone who doesn't have a full stack of HoTs on them. Requires you to turn on enemy buffs though, put them somewhere where you can see them, actually look at them, and learn what their icons are. I get that this is somewhat difficult to learn though, and crying on forums is easier.

    P.S. I play as DPS, because it matters more than healing. The real reason you can't kill anything isn't because the wardens are good (though they might be). It's because your team's DPS is bad.

  3. #3
    General of Telara joker225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    It's because your team's DPS is bad.
    It's beause your team doesn't have a rank 6 pocket healed champion.
    Once you get yourself a rank 6 champion, everything dies so fast.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Stay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    It's beause your team doesn't have a rank 6 pocket healed champion.
    Once you get yourself a rank 6 champion, everything dies so fast.
    That would help, yes. I find pyros to be even better though. Rank 6 dps > rank 6 healers.

  5. #5
    Prophet of Telara NatashaK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    You're dps doesn't actually need PvP ranks. PvE gear hits just as hard. PvP specs, on the other hand can be helpful. Whether it's archmage for more damage or champ/vk for all the debuffs.

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    I run a Sent/Warden/Purifier in PvP, and HoTs are not where most of my healing is done. While the HoTs are insta cast, the healing is not so significant that it cannot be damaged through, and I can only put up one hot after every cooldown refresh. I usually save these for when Ripple is up/other CDs are down/the fight is slow. The majority of my healing is done via castable heals (such as Healing Invocation), and when specced right, this heal averages over 2k burst healing every 2 seconds (roughly averaging in crits) using the appropriate other abilities in tandem. At mid 40's I generally topped the healing chart with this spec (usually 150k-250k healing).

    Everyone has their opinion; this is just my 2 cents - do with it what you will.

    /Arakas@Faemist, <SideSwipe>

  7. #7
    Champion TheBidnis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MID WEST USA
    Posts
    593

    Default

    I run a 29 Sent/ 20 Pur/ 17 Temp Build for PvP it's beastly. I have plenty of heals and when i need to get the objective i can Bubble my way to it or Bubble a friend. I don't usually out heal a Warden but i can keep my team of 5 up and usually 2 o 3 more. There's been countless times where i can bubble pick up the fang/get the bridge/control codex to win us a match. Thats whats great about the soul system my spec is based on damage mitigation and sheilds rather than pure healing. With all the healing debuffs my sheild has to be burned through to get me. You ever see the Warrior or Rogue in a Run spec you should feel lucky to have them. So many times people refuse to do what it takes to win in the name of Damage/Heal meters, others like that Warrior and Rogue play to win with no glory of Meters its the glory of Victory.
    Last edited by TheBidnis; 06-16-2011 at 01:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    if i can't be happy no one can be happy!!!!!!!1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gualtiero View Post
    It takes to long to clear trash and the boss is too hard! Nerf the whole raid!
    The dude playing that warrior is better than me! Nerf his whole class!
    The OP types the truth! Nerf his keyboard!
    Ladyfae Def Cleric R40 Bidnis Def Warrior R19 Shortdawg Guard Rogue R7

  8. #8
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arakas Sideswipe View Post
    I run a Sent/Warden/Purifier in PvP, and HoTs are not where most of my healing is done. While the HoTs are insta cast, the healing is not so significant that it cannot be damaged through, and I can only put up one hot after every cooldown refresh. I usually save these for when Ripple is up/other CDs are down/the fight is slow. The majority of my healing is done via castable heals (such as Healing Invocation), and when specced right, this heal averages over 2k burst healing every 2 seconds (roughly averaging in crits) using the appropriate other abilities in tandem. At mid 40's I generally topped the healing chart with this spec (usually 150k-250k healing).

    Everyone has their opinion; this is just my 2 cents - do with it what you will.

    /Arakas@Faemist, <SideSwipe>
    He probobly hates my 51 Warden build.... which is not so much a pocket heals build as it is a keep everyone alive / proactive healing before running into aoe kind of build with good suriveability due to soothing stream and good anti CC.

    Against teams with bad DPS I can carry my team.
    Against teams with good DPS that focus, I can't heal through it. But I turn the "tide" of the battle.
    Against teams with DPS that focus me correctly, depending on which teams healers die first that side wins.

    Warden is proactive healing, and you only get insane numbers by sacrificing all non valor damage reduction. We have no defensive cooldowns / single target oh **** buttons in deep warden.

    Just clearing up some common misconception about the class ;)

  9. #9
    Plane Touched Timukas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acaccia View Post
    Please fix warden healers in pvp, healing in general is fine but a class that can simply spam instant cast HoT spells ruins pvp... its the only spec i see healer clerics run anymore. you get a shard carrier with 1-2 warden heals on them it takes a small army to even put a dent in them... or u get a warden cast ripple and nodes are easily wiped and taken over.

    This class needs to be nerfd or reworked, the amount of hots they can cast is ridiculous. Don't say you simply need to purge them because if u do that you are putting out 0 dps and the extra players that are running with the warden immediately focus the person who is purging.

    you cant silence or stun to kill these healers because they still have hots ticking on them.

    and all you healers who try to troll this post need to learn how to heal again.... this spec is a crutch for bad players and takes no skill at all

    Oh look, a whining rogue Have you seen one before? You people should learn your skills and fighting techniques instead of whining in forum and demanding nerfs. Good players can kill everyone, bad ones only complain and are useless everywhere, be it pvp or pve.

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,539

    Default

    Oh look, a whining rogue Have you seen one before? You people should learn your skills and fighting techniques instead of whining in forum and demanding nerfs. Good players can kill everyone, bad ones only complain and are useless everywhere, be it pvp or pve.
    Rogues are using our best tactics...subtlety and diversion. Divert attention elsewhere to avoid the nerf stick.

    Nerf clerics. Clerics OP.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sundial View Post
    He probobly hates my 51 Warden build.... which is not so much a pocket heals build as it is a keep everyone alive / proactive healing before running into aoe kind of build with good suriveability due to soothing stream and good anti CC.

    Against teams with bad DPS I can carry my team.
    Against teams with good DPS that focus, I can't heal through it. But I turn the "tide" of the battle.
    Against teams with DPS that focus me correctly, depending on which teams healers die first that side wins.

    Warden is proactive healing, and you only get insane numbers by sacrificing all non valor damage reduction. We have no defensive cooldowns / single target oh **** buttons in deep warden.

    Just clearing up some common misconception about the class ;)
    I am definitely not a hater of wardens, and use a handful of extremely useful items from that tree...but if I only had one healer in a premade vs. premade fight, a maxed warden would not be the spec that keeps people alive with the assist train on them. When PvP is done right, there should be a full assist train on one target.

    That said, the WF sizes in here demand 2+ healers to be effective, especially when pugging, and that second healer better damn well be a HoT-ing machine

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    Rogues are using our best tactics...subtlety and diversion. Divert attention elsewhere to avoid the nerf stick.

    Nerf clerics. Clerics OP.
    Thanks for the LoL

  13. #13
    General of Telara Sunspots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    950

    Default

    If all I knew about PvP was what I read in forums, I'd assume I never ever die in warfronts. Seriously, if you're bad at the game, just find a good player and borrow their opinion before poseting.

    Sunspots the Retired
    Once R8 Guardian Cleric of Seastone
    Proud Alumni of [breaking bads]

    Observe my Past Glory in Video Format here!!

  14. #14
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arakas Sideswipe View Post
    I am definitely not a hater of wardens, and use a handful of extremely useful items from that tree...but if I only had one healer in a premade vs. premade fight, a maxed warden would not be the spec that keeps people alive with the assist train on them. When PvP is done right, there should be a full assist train on one target.

    That said, the WF sizes in here demand 2+ healers to be effective, especially when pugging, and that second healer better damn well be a HoT-ing machine
    Yeah, its best to have both a deep warden based AoE / Proactive healer as well as a single target oriented one.

    Completely agreed.

  15. #15
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    Takes 10+ seconds to fully apply HoTs. Try switching to someone who doesn't have a full stack of HoTs on them. Requires you to turn on enemy buffs though, put them somewhere where you can see them, actually look at them, and learn what their icons are. I get that this is somewhat difficult to learn though, and crying on forums is easier.

    P.S. I play as DPS, because it matters more than healing. The real reason you can't kill anything isn't because the wardens are good (though they might be). It's because your team's DPS is bad.
    -points out that a couple of wardens can spam hots on the entire raid in EZ mode healing faster than any marksman can eradicate spam them off-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts