+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Non contribution people! :( Investigating the matter my butt!

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9

    Thumbs down Non contribution people! :( Investigating the matter my butt!

    What is it with the current fad going on in game with all these people that spend the ENTIRE day joining warfronts and stay at the start doing nothing! They macro or sit there just harrassing everyone and contribute ZERO!

    Reporting them to GM's is useless as they do N O T H I N G and the rest of us have to suffer having a bunch of jerks ruining the warfronts. They are either farming the favor doing nothing, or taking the loot or just trying to do the daily doing absolutely ZIP.

    Wish Rift people would do something about this! Whats the point of even bothering to report people in this game for harrassment, grieffing or what ever the heck else goes on if the GM's claim they going to "investigate" and N O T H I N G comes out of it! ( this goes for outside the warfronts as to normal gaming issues as well!) The people know they can do what ever the heck they want and get away with it cause they CAN!

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    This is why favor should be based on what YOU do, and not what your TEAM does.

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tammers View Post
    What is it with the current fad going on in game with all these people that spend the ENTIRE day joining warfronts and stay at the start doing nothing! They macro or sit there just harrassing everyone and contribute ZERO!

    Reporting them to GM's is useless as they do N O T H I N G and the rest of us have to suffer having a bunch of jerks ruining the warfronts. They are either farming the favor doing nothing, or taking the loot or just trying to do the daily doing absolutely ZIP.

    Wish Rift people would do something about this! Whats the point of even bothering to report people in this game for harrassment, grieffing or what ever the heck else goes on if the GM's claim they going to "investigate" and N O T H I N G comes out of it! ( this goes for outside the warfronts as to normal gaming issues as well!) The people know they can do what ever the heck they want and get away with it cause they CAN!
    Ok a few things to consider
    1: Even really skilled players get jaded by fail teams that repeat the same obvious mistakes over and over again and stop trying if they're not in a premade.
    2: A lot of the time what a player is trying to do may depend on the rest of the team to do it's job, for instance someone may be sitting in the enemy base waiting for their chance to grab the Sourcestone, or camping the drop off point to kill stop/kill/harrass enemy players when they respawn for a team that isn't able to kill anybody.
    3: A lot of the time players playing defensively, especially at the Codex or Whitefall Steppes, won't appear to be doing anything even when their role is important for the team. This is especially true of assassins flag camping in the codex. A good assassin can stand there and watch the enemy team take the flag in force (with 5 or 6 people wasted on the vault while your team has an opportunity to dominate the codex), then just grab it the instant they all run off.

  4. #4
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Also worth considering
    CC and Debuffs don't show up on the Score Board
    You don't see the number of enemies distracted or the amount of enemy time and effort wasted by a player on the scoreboard.
    ect.

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    This is why favor should be based on what YOU do, and not what your TEAM does.
    sometimes, defending and watching a node is contributing (sometimes) and they wanted those people to get the same favor as someone camping spawn

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    As i stated its people not leaving the START area, and they are doing squat but yelling @ everyone else, they aren't waiting on spawn or buffs or anything at the starting area where there is no opponents lol. They will even tell you " why should i do anything" , they don't hide what they are doing cause nothing will be done about it. If they are that jaded that they just want to leach, why bother joining at all?] they will blatantly tell you to report them cause " GM's wont do Sh*%". Its not people guarding points, its people who don't even LEAVE the starting platform!
    Unfortunately its true nothing gets done no matter how many times someone is reported. Its just the macro reply of this is gm so so and we are currently investigating the matter. I miss the days were Gm's actually talked to someone about the problems and took care of grieffers ect instead of the generated macro responses.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Not the answer to everything, but damage role - damage done. Healing role - healing done to anyone other than self.

    These would be the easiest thing I can think of to make a better system.

    Definitely not the answer to everything, but better than what we have now.

    Players would be required to do something.

    Sure it wouldn't prevent bots, but it would be at least a stopgap to prevent entry afk-ers until a better more permanent solution is coded.

  8. #8
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tammers View Post
    As i stated its people not leaving the START area.
    Ah see now that's different, I had overlooked that little detail. As someone who frequently camps out in stealth under the spawn point killing rogues and warriors who straggle behind I can say I've seen more than a few guardians just camp out on the spawn point, sometimes periodically hopping, sometimes walking around, but never dropping down. For a rogue who has to be mindful of who's respawned an when in order to choose his targets, it's more than a little frustrating (>_<)

  9. #9
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shayded View Post
    Not the answer to everything, but damage role - damage done. Healing role - healing done to anyone other than self.

    These would be the easiest thing I can think of to make a better system.

    Definitely not the answer to everything, but better than what we have now.

    Players would be required to do something.

    Sure it wouldn't prevent bots, but it would be at least a stopgap to prevent entry afk-ers until a better more permanent solution is coded.

    Why not just boot people who don't leave the spawn point, and have a vote to kick option?

  10. #10
    Xsi
    Xsi is offline
    Shield of Telara Xsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    710

    Default

    There needs to be an end-game prestige reward bonus to those players that participated the majority of the match out of the starter area.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    lol really like the vote to kick option, it would be handy against the loud mouths as well. But , i can see elitist people using it on people are aren't that good but trying. But anything is better than the nothing there is now. Even afk macro'ers get past the report AFK

  12. #12
    Ascendant VirusDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Once a person has been reported a certain number of times - a capture of their WF activity/inactivity should be scheduled for a parse and action taken from there. Given the sheer number of players as opposed to employees - such a thing would reduce the "investigation" requires by actual people and help to cut down on the AFKers.

    One of the funniest (not haha funny, but funny) "AFKers" was a guy that left the spawn, but never dropped down (there is so much wasted space up there for folks to linger around in). Every now and again, he would call out various nodes saying they needed to be defended or attacked. Were they? Well, sometimes. The talking bot...that multiple people reporting could not kick. C'est la vie...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

  13. #13
    Ascendant Stay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    There *is* a vote-to-kick option. Right click their portrait or raid frame -> report AFK. If enough people do it, they get a buff that kicks them after 60s. They also get an hour-long deserter debuff for getting vote kicked.

    No one ever does it though, 90% of people are too unaware to even notice one of their team is AFK. And most of the other 10% doesn't care enough to click them.

  14. #14
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    quite a bit of us have been doing the report AFK on a cpl of these ppl and here it is days later and they still there doing the same thing for who knows how many warfronts. Today alone i was stuck 3 in a row with the same goober camping the start in Codex ( this one laughed at everyone on how Trion wont even touch him and he cant do what ever he wants), and yesterday We got to spend the day with someone in Whitefall ( atleast 4 of em the guy was in) by the looks of it macroing so he didnt get an AFK status kick

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts