+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock paper scissors.... meet Hasty Departure

Shield of Telara

Default Rock paper scissors.... meet Hasty Departure

Typically Warriors are the bane of rogue like classes due to their high amounts of armor.

Why is it that I constantly see Marksmen make quick work out of even R6 plate wearers... they are traditionally a class that is the bane of casters, not absolutely everyone.

The main problem:

Semi passive runspeed buff (Hasty Departure) is overpowered for a class that does burst damage while mobile at range for a class like rogue. Runspeed buffs make kiting as a marskman easy mode. This becomes even more apparent at high prestige ranks when you get tanky amounts of valor. With the changes to diminishing returns, it is extremely difficult to kill a MM with valor gear.

A properly R6 equipped and played MM > All other classes with R6. This is not balanced.

The original problem with pyros 1.1 was all the things it could do really well

1. Immune to CC
    2. Tank like reduction
    3. Huge burst damage

Compare to Marksman 1.2

1. Runspeed buffs make kiting easy mode making a joke of their natural bane, Warrior / Physical damage classes
    2. Most abilities are instants besides finishers but this does not matter with runspeed
    3. Tank like reduction with Valor, Diminishing returns make snaring difficult, and already less effective due to runspeed buffs. In short all of this together makes their surviveability off the charts.
    4. Huge burst damage even on R6 warriors
    6. Highest Range in the game

This could all be fixed by simply taking away MM runspeed (Hasty Departure). Let me repeat, the problem is NOT MM's damage, its not its snares, its not its cooldowns (including the movement speed one). The problem is its runspeed stack ability "Hasty Departure".

Either move their damage back to 1.1 levels or remove this ability. This is clearly poor design.

Ascendant

rogues are a glass cannon, the only time they kill anyone is when the other team isn't taking advantage of the glass part

Shield of Telara

Glass cannon with 33% valor reduction and 20% runspeed...

Im not talking about the lower ranks and levels... im talking about R6

aux

Reliable snares (and other CC) would take care of kiters.
    I'm so BORED

Quote Originally Posted by Sundial View Post
    Typically Warriors are the bane of rogue like classes due to their high amounts of armor.

Why is it that I constantly see Marksmen make quick work out of even R6 plate wearers... they are traditionally a class that is the bane of casters, not absolutely everyone.
    LMAO @ Rogues being the bane of casters in this game LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHA

Three things k?
    Get better gear
    Learn to use a shield
    HAHAHAHA Rogues the bane of casters hahahahaha

Maybe when Wardens no longer have god mode and Mages can no longer tank through burst dps with damage mitigation and suck the life out of you as a necro lock or chloro whatever that build is, or just flicker out of stun root you and 3 shot you. Unless you're just talking about Marksmen. Ok sure Marksmen have high Burst DPS or they can Eradicate (can't DPS and Eradicate at the same time), good luck matching the DPS of a stormcaller or eradicating past 3 wardens spamming EZ Mode hot heals. Bout the only advantage you've got is kiting, and that only works if terrain permits and you aren't getting zergged in your glass cannon Marksman spec.

Don't 1v1 a marksman where he can kite you. Problem solved.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    Three things k?
    Get better gear
    Learn to use a shield
    HAHAHAHA Rogues the bane of casters hahahahaha

Maybe when Wardens no longer have god mode.
    1. My gear is fine, Im sitting at 1100 sp 600 crit. My point is MM have no enemy that is better than them when played right. Im talking about R6 MM pwning R6 Warriors.
    2. Sword and board is fail in PvP
    3. Wardens don't have godmode, they have hard counters called healing debuffs that are not on DR.
    4. Marksmen have no hard counters because snares are on DR.
    Last edited by Sundial; 06-16-2011 at 09:36 AM.

1. My gear is fine, Im sitting at 1100 sp 600 crit. My point is MM have no enemy that is better than them when played right. Im talking about R6 MM pwning R6 Warriors.
    Re 1: Yes because every terrain is a wide open field and every encounter is 1v1. Here's a hint, in your DPS spec you're going to die.

Say that to Capone@Harrow

3. Wardens don't have godmode, they have hard counters called healing debuffs.
    Fail!

4. Marksmen have no hard counters
    Stuns, Snares, Charges, dots, other players, mobs, terrain.

Fail!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    Re 1: Yes because every terrain is a wide open field and every encounter is 1v1. Here's a hint, in your DPS spec you're going to die.

Say that to Capone@Harrow

Fail!

Stuns, Snares, Charges, other players, mobs, terrain.

Fail!
    If you think you can kill a GOOD R6 MM by disabling them with CC before DR kicks in, you are wrong.

Snare? Pop 70% runspeed. Stun? Pop break free. etc etc...

Point is 1v1 is supposed to show "rock paper scissors". Currently that is broken, as MM > all pretty much...
    Last edited by Sundial; 06-16-2011 at 09:40 AM.

Telaran

all i see is warriors taking on a full group and with their cc's 1 shot everyone and without a scratch on them. with everything you say about another class , someone can say the samething about yours. so it must have to do with learning your class and not them being over powered.

Other Marksmen.

j/k

Troll thread, moving around.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

3. Wardens don't have godmode, they have hard counters called healing debuffs that are not on DR.
    Sin see MM, sin kill MM. MM die fast death.

Nuker see MM, MM try silence. Nuker break free, so MM run. can no run big fireball. MM die faster death.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

General of Telara Doktor_Ljubavi's Avatar

I'd agree with you if there was large open fields, but the warfronts are generally small, and cluttered. You will always be able to charge, and get in a few (large) hits before the MM resumes kiting. MM are annoying, sure, but they're fine.
    http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv43/Unholiologist/fictionsaysninjaassassin.jpg

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    all i see is warriors taking on a full group and with their cc's 1 shot everyone and without a scratch on them. with everything you say about another class , someone can say the samething about yours. so it must have to do with learning your class and not them being over powered.
    I don't play a warrior, I am speaking from experience from "high end" PvP in this game running in a premade and watching MM's & Warriors go at it.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by xaed View Post
    Sin see MM, sin kill MM. MM die fast death.

Nuker see MM, MM try silence. Nuker break free, so MM run. can no run big fireball. MM die faster death.
    You have higher range as a MM than a caster, you should be able to kite them staying out of max range in most WF's / open world with 20% additional runspeed.
    Last edited by Sundial; 06-16-2011 at 09:43 AM.

I don't play a warrior, I am speaking from experience from "high end" PvP in this game running in a premade and watching MM's & Warriors go at it.
    He's speaking from experience too?

You have higher range as a MM than a caster, you should be able to kite them staying out of max range in most WF's / open world with 20% additional runspeed.
    You know an MM actually has to get "HIT" to get that 20% movespeed buff right? and you know it's at 4% a stack right? lol, try harder.
    Last edited by xaed; 06-16-2011 at 09:45 AM.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast