+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OMG He's Slightly off Elevation LINE OF SIGHT!

Default OMG He's Slightly off Elevation LINE OF SIGHT!

I know it's been mentioned before but the line of sight issues in this game are ridiculous.

"You must be facing your target"

O'rly? He's standing right there on a rock less than one footstep above where I'm standing.

The worst thing about this is that rogues (like myself) can just stand on sweet spots after stacking you up with bleeds and lul as you die. I'm tired of complaining about it so I've started doing it and telling my victims to complain about it.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    I know it's been mentioned before but the line of sight issues in this game are ridiculous.

"You must be facing your target"

O'rly? He's standing right there on a rock less than one footstep above where I'm standing.

The worst thing about this is that rogues (like myself) can just stand on sweet spots after stacking you up with bleeds and lul as you die. I'm tired of complaining about it so I've started doing it and telling my victims to complain about it.
    Or better yet.. stop exploiting and note the coordinants of where those 'sweet-spots' you mentioned are and Bug Report them. -.- It seems to me that should come LONG before coming here and making such a post.

Personally the ONLY times I have even had the issues you speak of is when it was connection related. Such as when the opponent seemed to be having lag. I know of no 'sweet-spots' and I wouldn't use them if I did.

The fact you are complaining about said spots and gloating over having used them to kill your 'victims' I find simply laughable.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.

Quote Originally Posted by Entangled View Post
    Or better yet.. stop exploiting and note the coordinants of where those 'sweet-spots' you mentioned are and Bug Report them. -.- It seems to me that should come LONG before coming here and making such a post.

Personally the ONLY times I have even had the issues you speak of is when it was connection related. Such as when the opponent seemed to be having lag. I know of no 'sweet-spots' and I wouldn't use them if I did.

The fact you are complaining about said spots and gloating over having used them to kill your 'victims' I find simply laughable.
    Like I said I'm tired of doing so.

This seems to be happening more and more in WF's too. Just last night in WFS and Port we had people who we couldn't attack even though you were staring at them eye to eye. This was on level ground no slopes no obstacles.

One time i was healing my warrior buddy topped him off went to throw a DoT on the DPS and it said ability not usable even though i was within 5ft not 5meters, my warrior buddy started saying the same thing and he was pretty much on top of him.

Not sure if this is some kind of Glitch/Hack that has been found but it seems to be popping up more and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    if i can't be happy no one can be happy!!!!!!!1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gualtiero View Post
    It takes to long to clear trash and the boss is too hard! Nerf the whole raid!
    The dude playing that warrior is better than me! Nerf his whole class!
    The OP types the truth! Nerf his keyboard!
    Ladyfae Def Cleric R40 Bidnis Def Warrior R19 Shortdawg Guard Rogue R7

The mere fact that standing off elevation can be used to line of sight people suggests a flaw in the way range and targeting is handled in this game. These sweet spots are countless, instead of manually tracking down every single one of them a change needs to be made to the mechanics.

You're wrong about it being lag related though there are separate lag related line of sight issues that could only be resolved server side. That you wouldn't use them is fine, I wouldn't either if they were fixed.

I haven't gloated over anything, try re-reading what I typed. I've tried reporting the issue and so have several others, it goes unresolved, so I'm trying to spread awareness of the issue by 1) Exploiting it openly and publically to increase the QQ and 2) Posting on the forums about the issue

+ Reply to Thread