+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I am Rambo!

Rift Disciple

Default I am Rambo!

I don't get why people run in one at a time and feed the machine of 10 people an easy kill.

I thought PVP Warfronts were about teamwork. Too often I have seen people run past everyone on their team to try and solo the fang/shard carrier while there are 10 people there, breaking LoS and getting owned.

When was this ever a good idea and why do people do this?

Also, what is with all the fighting at Mid in Whitefall? The other team has our shard and their team is attacking our shard carrier in our base, BUT everyone on our team is fighting 2-3 people in the middle whom they cannot kill.

I am tired of losing warfronts because people who play PVP just to try and kill people and don't know the objectives. I have seen the other side do the same too. Some people should not be allowed to pvp, haha.

Well of course I don't believe that last statement, I just wish they would learn the mechanics better. Close, well fought games are the most fun ones. Lopsided victories or loses are just plan boring/annoying.

Anyhow, my little rant on PVP.
    <Ethereal Order> - Guardian Guild - Corthana Shard.
    http://www.etherealorder.com

I am Rambo!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dieantwoord View Post
    I am Rambo!
    No, I am!! Wait, no I am not!
    <Ethereal Order> - Guardian Guild - Corthana Shard.
    http://www.etherealorder.com

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dwadili View Post
    I don't get why people run in one at a time and feed the machine of 10 people an easy kill.

I thought PVP Warfronts were about teamwork. Too often I have seen people run past everyone on their team to try and solo the fang/shard carrier while there are 10 people there, breaking LoS and getting owned.

Also, what is with all the fighting at Mid in Whitefall? The other team has our shard and their team is attacking our shard carrier in our base, BUT everyone on our team is fighting 2-3 people in the middle whom they cannot kill.

I am tired of losing warfronts because people who play PVP just to try and kill people and don't know the objectives. I have seen the other side do the same too. Some people should not be allowed to pvp, haha.

Well of course I don't believe that last statement, I just wish they would learn the mechanics better. Close, well fought games are the most fun ones. Lopsided victories or loses are just plan boring/annoying.

LOL you can tell in the first minute if your side are going for kills or going for the win, It agrvates me when I'm the only player staring at the enimy flag and 4 defenders and my whole team is fighting in the middle.

So I just let it go, and join them in the middle getting a few kills.
    50 Warrior
    50 Mage
    50 Defiant cleric
    50 rogue
    50 Defiant Mage

I am tired of losing warfronts because people who play PVP just to try and kill people and don't know the objectives.

Isn't that the point of PvP?

You have to be pretty dense not to see the point of killing enemies on the roads/middle/other side of maps. Those enemies weren't just standing on the road/middle/other side of the map. They were *going* somewhere. Probably somewhere with objectives at it, where you didn't want them to be. Now they're at the respawn instead. How, exactly, did that not help the team?

Better question: when I'm pressing up the front line and cutting off enemies long before they make it to the objective, why are you still standing around in the back with your thumb up your *** doing nothing? The front line moved genius, come support it. It is astonishing the level of ignorance and self-congratulation it takes to think that you're "playing for the team" by standing around doing nothing, while I'm "farming kills" by taking on long odds to prevent enemies from making it to the objectives.

Great job with the standing around doing nothing. The reason no enemies are coming to the spot where you are standing around doing nothing is definitely because you are so intimidating. Has nothing to do with the fact that I'm killing them all before they get there. And when I finally get overwhelmed from lack of support, and the enemies make it to your stand-around-spot en masse? That's my fault too for not having been standing around there with you the whole time.

Just go stand around doing nothing at the respawn instead. It's nearly as effective as the way you currently play. And it's easier to convince the rest of the team to report your useless *** AFK.

Quote Originally Posted by BobtheDog View Post
    Isn't that the point of PvP?
    Nope, the point of pvp is to touch flag poles and run around with some **** on your back till you die or you carry it to some other place.

Soulwalker

Well, I usually run past all my team mates to get to the shard carrier. Why? Because it seems that my team mates are prioritating to kill enemy players over actually getting the fang / shard / whatever. So of course I run past them, to show them that it is possible for a person to get through the enemy lines and get to the less trivial matters, instead of simply "stop and stare".

No, I am!! Wait, no I am not!

Wait, who are we again?

Quote Originally Posted by Kittari View Post
    Well, I usually run past all my team mates to get to the shard carrier. Why? Because it seems that my team mates are prioritating to kill enemy players over actually getting the fang / shard / whatever. So of course I run past them, to show them that it is possible for a person to get through the enemy lines and get to the less trivial matters, instead of simply "stop and stare".
    So much this.

Seriously. How hard is it to comprehend that using the whole team to kill a tank warrior near the spawn is not going to win black garden?

The priorities are simple. Step 1: Kill healers. Step 2: Kill carrier. Step 3: Wipe out the rest.

Rinse and repeat. On a good team, Step 2 is not needed more than a couple of times.

Thumbs up

I AM John Rambo!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    You have to be pretty dense not to see the point of killing enemies on the roads/middle/other side of maps. Those enemies weren't just standing on the road/middle/other side of the map. They were *going* somewhere. Probably somewhere with objectives at it, where you didn't want them to be. Now they're at the respawn instead. How, exactly, did that not help the team?

Better question: when I'm pressing up the front line and cutting off enemies long before they make it to the objective, why are you still standing around in the back with your thumb up your *** doing nothing? The front line moved genius, come support it. It is astonishing the level of ignorance and self-congratulation it takes to think that you're "playing for the team" by standing around doing nothing, while I'm "farming kills" by taking on long odds to prevent enemies from making it to the objectives.

Great job with the standing around doing nothing. The reason no enemies are coming to the spot where you are standing around doing nothing is definitely because you are so intimidating. Has nothing to do with the fact that I'm killing them all before they get there. And when I finally get overwhelmed from lack of support, and the enemies make it to your stand-around-spot en masse? That's my fault too for not having been standing around there with you the whole time.

Just go stand around doing nothing at the respawn instead. It's nearly as effective as the way you currently play. And it's easier to convince the rest of the team to report your useless *** AFK.
    Catching enemies in the middle is a job maybe one or two persons should do, that will be enough to delay the opponent. The other part of the team should run straight to the flag (TOGETHER), grab it and return AS A WHOLE, while killing the enemy flag carrier along the way.

This has been the basic strategy in Warsong Gulch in WoW (and Whitefall is nearly a 1 to 1 copy of it) if playing with a decent team, and seeing how many people have played WoW, I thought it would be common sense to apply this knowledge in Rift too... I was proven wrong.

My PVP-facepalm highlight has been Black Garden, where instead of attacking the fang carrier standing alone in the middle, my 3 teammates were busy killing his skeleton pet.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Marblemoon View Post
    Catching enemies in the middle is a job maybe one or two persons should do, that will be enough to delay the opponent. The other part of the team should run straight to the flag (TOGETHER), grab it and return AS A WHOLE, while killing the enemy flag carrier along the way.

This has been the basic strategy in Warsong Gulch in WoW (and Whitefall is nearly a 1 to 1 copy of it) if playing with a decent team, and seeing how many people have played WoW, I thought it would be common sense to apply this knowledge in Rift too... I was proven wrong.

My PVP-facepalm highlight has been Black Garden, where instead of attacking the fang carrier standing alone in the middle, my 3 teammates were busy killing his skeleton pet.
    Hey now, its annoying for your pet to die, cuz then you gotta recast it when you die.

Rambo don't ignore everyone.
    Rambo kill everyone in his way.
    Wish I have Rambo kills to death ratio. It is like 1000+:0
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

Because people think this game requires skill. However it requires gear and numbers. This is why I am over MMOs they have no skill to them at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast