+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: To All The Whiners Saying PvP = Gear

  1. #1
    Shadowlander Dieantwoord's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    45

    Default To All The Whiners Saying PvP = Gear

    So first of all, I've played rift since beta and enjoyed the pvp a lot, as silly as it is, I find it pretty god damn fun.

    My warrior was on ****in ez street to rank 6 because I was one of the first to play with a solid custom, so i never experienced being rank 1 and getting owned by a rank 6. After all the ****ing QQ on the forum lately I rolled a rogue, who I breezed from rank 1-4 queing alone half the time, and with premades half the time.

    I have no problem killing rank 6 players, I can't solo a cleric, but if i stay with my group and help focus fire healers I can top damage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqfypGQoR_o bad quality sorry it was recorded on a laptop, but that's my rogue cuttin through 3 people and capping a flag.

    I think if people spend less time on the forums crying about how bad rank 1 gear is they would be a lot farther along their pvp grind.

    World PvP Content Inc. You're really gonna hate your ****ty gear there.
    Last edited by Dieantwoord; 06-16-2011 at 04:34 AM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant VirusDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    You say you have no problem killing R6 players on your R4 Rogue while pulling off 3k-4k hits... newsflash, they're not R6.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

  3. #3
    Shadowlander Dieantwoord's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    You say you have no problem killing R6 players on your R4 Rogue while pulling off 3k-4k hits... newsflash, they're not R6.


    Umm I never said those were rank 6 players. Those were random dudes with the flag debuff. My point is you can be a huge asset to your team with skilled play as much as people want to deny it and come to the forums seeking pity.

    And its not that I have 'no problem' they'll often beat me. I'm saying its possible, so where is the problem? Rank 1 gear should be gone fast if they're serious about pvp.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Nice crits you have there!! I need better gear because my Dex is low for 49. I haven't gone in a dungeon and gotten gear since King's Breach, so I only have a few good pieces of level 45 armor. Guess I should hit up those 2 48-50 dungeons for some new gear.
    <Ethereal Order> - Guardian Guild - Corthana Shard.
    http://www.etherealorder.com

  5. #5
    Shadowlander Dieantwoord's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwadili View Post
    Nice crits you have there!! I need better gear because my Dex is low for 49. I haven't gone in a dungeon and gotten gear since King's Breach, so I only have a few good pieces of level 45 armor. Guess I should hit up those 2 48-50 dungeons for some new gear.
    keep it up man, around rank 4 rogues get really damn mean.

    What I'm askin you guys who feel like you're undergeard for pvp is-- you know how long the grind ****ing takes, wouldn't you want it to be worth it?

    It's possible to own in lowbie-rank gear, it just takes some skill, because TRION want people that semi-know how to play their class in pvp before they give them rank 6 gear.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dieantwoord View Post
    keep it up man, around rank 4 rogues get really damn mean.

    What I'm askin you guys who feel like you're undergeard for pvp is-- you know how long the grind ****ing takes, wouldn't you want it to be worth it?

    It's possible to own in lowbie-rank gear, it just takes some skill, because TRION want people that semi-know how to play their class in pvp before they give them rank 6 gear.
    People said the same thing starting out 40-49. I know at this point there is no Valor in 40-49, but taking out geared our players who were 47+ was tough, people would tell me. I entered 40-49 with both my Paragon and Assassin, and tore it up.

    I don't know what people are talking about! Be 50 soon, see what will happen.
    <Ethereal Order> - Guardian Guild - Corthana Shard.
    http://www.etherealorder.com

  7. #7
    Shadowlander Dieantwoord's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwadili View Post
    People said the same thing starting out 40-49. I know at this point there is no Valor in 40-49, but taking out geared our players who were 47+ was tough, people would tell me. I entered 40-49 with both my Paragon and Assassin, and tore it up.

    I don't know what people are talking about! Be 50 soon, see what will happen.

    well fighting a rank 6 player or whole team of them, can be frustrating if you get irritated easily, but once you experience a rank 6 vs rank 6 premade you will know the potential for pvp in this game. you can see the video in my signature for some rank 6 onslaught.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched phantiasmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    214

    Default

    I am closing in on rank 5 and it does take a LOT of work, I wouldn't call it work however because I enjoy it but they do have to make the higher ranks worth spending your time on though.

    I would HOPE higher rank players would be harder to kill haha.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Bump for truth. R3 cleric friend of mine had almost 900k dmg in a port scion with me last night. I was in 2nd place with like 680k and im a r6 warrior.

    People who know how to play are always going to find ways to do good.

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser Misterjingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labais View Post
    Bump for truth. R3 cleric friend of mine had almost 900k dmg in a port scion with me last night. I was in 2nd place with like 680k and im a r6 warrior.

    People who know how to play are always going to find ways to do good.
    Damage done means nothing. What were your killing blows? I ask because any person can sit spamming weak AOE at the bridge all match and get 1 million damage done. It means rather than focusing targets, you spent the entire match milding irritating peoples skin.
    Last edited by Misterjingo; 06-16-2011 at 05:59 AM.
    Playtime - p4x Guardian Rogue - Bloodiron
    Sma - p4x Guardian Mage - Bloodiron

  11. #11
    RIFT Guide Writer Milen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dieantwoord View Post
    So first of all, I've played rift since beta and enjoyed the pvp a lot, as silly as it is, I find it pretty god damn fun.

    My warrior was on ****in ez street to rank 6 because I was one of the first to play with a solid custom, so i never experienced being rank 1 and getting owned by a rank 6. After all the ****ing QQ on the forum lately I rolled a rogue, who I breezed from rank 1-4 queing alone half the time, and with premades half the time.

    I have no problem killing rank 6 players, I can't solo a cleric, but if i stay with my group and help focus fire healers I can top damage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqfypGQoR_o bad quality sorry it was recorded on a laptop, but that's my rogue cuttin through 3 people and capping a flag.

    I think if people spend less time on the forums crying about how bad rank 1 gear is they would be a lot farther along their pvp grind.

    World PvP Content Inc. You're really gonna hate your ****ty gear there.
    Good for you! Now try playing Warrior from ranks 1 to 6 at that point in time. Mostly solo or with friends who are also relatively low-ranked (usually 2-3, sometimes 4).

    Then you will read a post saying "to all the whiners" and you will feel mildly offended.
    Last edited by Milen; 06-16-2011 at 06:33 AM.
    retired

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser Anomolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    354

    Default

    you don't know what you are talking about. Rogue can't take **** without cooldowns. every soul is that way. I do not consider that good. sorry just my pov

  13. #13
    Ascendant ShalarLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dieantwoord View Post
    So first of all, I've played rift since beta and enjoyed the pvp a lot, as silly as it is, I find it pretty god damn fun.

    My warrior was on ****in ez street to rank 6 because I was one of the first to play with a solid custom, so i never experienced being rank 1 and getting owned by a rank 6. After all the ****ing QQ on the forum lately I rolled a rogue, who I breezed from rank 1-4 queing alone half the time, and with premades half the time.

    I have no problem killing rank 6 players, I can't solo a cleric, but if i stay with my group and help focus fire healers I can top damage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqfypGQoR_o bad quality sorry it was recorded on a laptop, but that's my rogue cuttin through 3 people and capping a flag.

    I think if people spend less time on the forums crying about how bad rank 1 gear is they would be a lot farther along their pvp grind.

    World PvP Content Inc. You're really gonna hate your ****ty gear there.
    invalid, you played warrior until it was nerfed, then switched MM which had just recieved buffs. Here is a news flash for you, you only play FOTM classes, and are in here calling yourself somesort of demi-god. It is a known fact that if you play the strongest possible class at any given time you will do decently.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Haha, is someone really saying because they did well on a rogue that it means pvp is skill based in this game.

    Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's ridiculously easy to get kills on a rogue. I took an all blue geared (level 40-43 gear fresh 50 rogue into wfs and came top far too many times in multiple matches.

    It was the first time i've ever used a rogue in wfs (it's my wifes toon). Used common sense to macro some moves, hoykeyed some stuff and boom...the only class which caused me issues was clerics. Otherwise really easy to kill things.

    Maybe you are right..just don't make that statement with a rogue. Use a visable class.

  15. #15
    Ascendant ShalarLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phaeris View Post
    Haha, is someone really saying because they did well on a rogue that it means pvp is skill based in this game.

    Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's ridiculously easy to get kills on a rogue. I took an all blue geared (level 40-43 gear fresh 50 rogue into wfs and came top far too many times in multiple matches.

    It was the first time i've ever used a rogue in wfs (it's my wifes toon). Used common sense to macro some moves, hoykeyed some stuff and boom...the only class which caused me issues was clerics. Otherwise really easy to kill things.

    Maybe you are right..just don't make that statement with a rogue. Use a visable class.
    There are certainly viable skill based iterations of rogue, I have seen some rogues that just amaze me, but I will tell you it isnt MM.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts