+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ***WE WANT A WORLD PVP ZONE! I Don't Want To Quit Yet!***

Default ***WE WANT A WORLD PVP ZONE! I Don't Want To Quit Yet!***

Come on TRION im holding out hope for the potential of better pvp. If by some miracle 1.3 doesn't suck, and it tones down burst damage as well as cleric healing in some balanced fashion, people will still be bored of wafronts.

I'm really considoring quitting the game, I have nothing to do on my rank 6 warrior and although I just hit rank 4 on my other char, a rogue, the PvP is just so damn tired.

Either bring out some new PvP content or you're going to lose more core pvprs, and the popularity of the game will tank.

This thread is to talk bout what would make a world pvp zone great, I'll start off with simple essentials

Faction Bases with elite NPCs, and a porticulum.

Claimable Bunkers.

New Faction with great PvP rewards.

Reward ACTIVITY not inactivity, make AFKing pointless by not giving out group welfare favor.
    (King of the Hill style where xtra-favor is only rewarded for being within proximity of a base, which is only 'controlled' if occupied- so that players can have a chance even on shards with bad population split)
    Last edited by Dieantwoord; 06-16-2011 at 04:10 AM.

Open World PvP... the griefer's wet dream... a 24 hour gankfest
    The state is the great fictitious entity by which everyone seeks to live at the expense of everyone else
    - Frederic Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
    Open World PvP... the griefer's wet dream... a 24 hour gankfest
    its only going to be level 50... so if you're there getting 'griefed' it means you should probably leave the zone cause you're not cut out for it.

Also i was just pointed to a blue post saying this **** is inc, basically how i suggested it, so im happy, and this post is a waste of bandwith

Ascendant

stars 'n caps

Trions answer ...

hey about some daily quests and a new 40 vs 40 warfront! yay go us!

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Ascendant

Raiders got it basically, 3 patches for raiders, they need to keep this **** going until September comes. Btw, theres enough ganking already. 3 zones basicalyl for lvl 50s, go to one of them and you get 1-5 gank any time of the day. Actually thats good way to get favor, destroy wardstones and gank, its very damn fast.
    Last edited by June; 06-16-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Ascendant

Im still skeptical about that 40 vs 40. I still think its more like PVPVE than PVP zone. Because they are really holding on gear-******.
    Last edited by June; 06-16-2011 at 09:18 AM.

And I want my generation and the generations surrounding it to actually grow up to be actual men and women that don't cry and moan when something isn't their way. Either they accept it for what it is and enjoy the experience, or they maturely go find something else they'll enjoy without unnecessary gnashing of teeth in the forum of crying "I Quit" threads.
    Even free cost too much now

/signed Definately 100% TRION LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    /signed Definately 100% TRION LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS
    If Henry Ford listened to his customers, he would have been a horse breeder.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    And I want my generation and the generations surrounding it to actually grow up to be actual men and women that don't cry and moan when something isn't their way. Either they accept it for what it is and enjoy the experience, or they maturely go find something else they'll enjoy without unnecessary gnashing of teeth in the forum of crying "I Quit" threads.
    Read my sig
    Trion said this game was built from the ground up for PvP, they played up the PvP, the PvP in this game is inferior to other recent MMO's and cookie cutter crap, the Warfronts are practically copy and pasted from WoW and WAR and the world PvP is nearly nonexistent. We're paying customers, we paid for the game, we paid for our subscription, we invested our time and money into this game and we have every reason to complain or give our disappointed reasons for quitting when Trion has failed to live up to it's marketing.

If you want us to shut up I'd suggest refunding all of our money on behalf of Trion, otherwise expect to hear us complain until Trion gives a game that lives up to their hype.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    Read my sig
    Trion said this game was built from the ground up for PvP, they played up the PvP, the PvP in this game is inferior to other recent MMO's and cookie cutter crap, the Warfronts are practically copy and pasted from WoW and WAR and the world PvP is nearly nonexistent. We're paying customers, we paid for the game, we paid for our subscription, we invested our time and money into this game and we have every reason to complain or give our disappointed reasons for quitting when Trion has failed to live up to it's marketing.

If you want us to shut up I'd suggest refunding all of our money on behalf of Trion, otherwise expect to hear us complain until Trion gives a game that lives up to their hype.
    on snarebrush, we usually have more world pvp than we want and fail many major invasions because of the pvp that happens. Trion had world pvp in mind when they designed the invasions, but unfortunately the player base doesn't consider anything that isn't a quest which awards favor as a pvp opportunity.

Prophet of Telara

I am an officer of one of the top PvP guilds on Deepstrike and I speak to lots of people who are the regular pvpers on both the defiant and guardian side of my server and the sentiment is that without some major pvp content on the way (along the open world type not a 40 person warfront) there will be a major exodus of pvp players. Already the top guardian guild on the server (for pvp and pve) has folded their rift chapter.......

I really enjoy the group dynamics possible in rift pvp but we are forced into playing the same scenarios over and over...........

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    on snarebrush, we usually have more world pvp than we want and fail many major invasions because of the pvp that happens. Trion had world pvp in mind when they designed the invasions, but unfortunately the player base doesn't consider anything that isn't a quest which awards favor as a pvp opportunity.
    Is you idea of world PvP random ganking only during invasions? Because that's the only time I see anything that even looks like World PvP on my server, and 9 times out of 10 its' some raid of level 50's zerg stomping undergeared lowbies while they're attacking mobs, hardly qualifying as PvP. Half the time players can't even be bothered to participate in zone invasions past level 50 and if they do at all they typically all vanish into instances the moment the 30 seconds "Let's kill em" burst is over when the invasion boss is down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieantwoord View Post
    Come on TRION im holding out hope for the potential of better pvp. If by some miracle 1.3 doesn't suck, and it tones down burst damage as well as cleric healing in some balanced fashion, people will still be bored of wafronts.

I'm really considoring quitting the game, I have nothing to do on my rank 6 warrior and although I just hit rank 4 on my other char, a rogue, the PvP is just so damn tired.

Either bring out some new PvP content or you're going to lose more core pvprs, and the popularity of the game will tank.

This thread is to talk bout what would make a world pvp zone great, I'll start off with simple essentials

Faction Bases with elite NPCs, and a porticulum.

Claimable Bunkers.

New Faction with great PvP rewards.

Reward ACTIVITY not inactivity, make AFKing pointless by not giving out group welfare favor.
    (King of the Hill style where xtra-favor is only rewarded for being within proximity of a base, which is only 'controlled' if occupied- so that players can have a chance even on shards with bad population split)
    Horrible idea from a terribad. Stop hiding in sanctum and go out. THERE IS WORLD PVP ZONES IN EVERY ZONE BUT STARTERS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast