+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why are we stunlocking, assassins?

Default Why are we stunlocking, assassins?

I'm a sin, first of all. I open with bleeds.

You, however, probably open with paralyzing strike and follow it up with foul play as soon as your opener wears off. It is overpowered. I can faceroll with it when I sporadically do it. You probably can too. If you don't stop doing it, people will whine for sins to be nerfed across the board. So don't effin' do it.

That is all. It's 3:45 AM as I type this, so if it sounds nonsensical or it turns out that I just typed out a small paragraph of jibberish without noticing it, forgive me.

Depends on the target. 3 of the 4 Callings, it is bleeds-a-rama. 1 of them, bleeds would be pointless.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Soulwalker

There is always something that is overpowered, even more when it's 3:45 AM xD

Quote Originally Posted by Lerp View Post
    I'm a sin, first of all. I open with bleeds.

You, however, probably open with paralyzing strike and follow it up with foul play as soon as your opener wears off. It is overpowered. I can faceroll with it when I sporadically do it. You probably can too. If you don't stop doing it, people will whine for sins to be nerfed across the board. So don't effin' do it.

That is all. It's 3:45 AM as I type this, so if it sounds nonsensical or it turns out that I just typed out a small paragraph of jibberish without noticing it, forgive me.
    Judging from my very limited experience in low-level PvP with Assassin, opening with assassinate or jagged strike against dps players is actually better. The only target I would prefer to open with stun instead of more damage would be a healer. Perhaps that changes at higher levels and/or against more experienced opponents. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, the whole point of the Assassin is to ambush and kill people without giving them a chance to react in time and to fight back. It's all about getting an unfair fight. Which means that, as long as Assassins do their job well, people will always whine about them, no matter what tools are used for that purpose.

The only way to avoid whining is to actually fail and not kill people and I don't think this is acceptable now, is it
    Last edited by Milen; 06-16-2011 at 03:22 AM.
    retired

I find I have better luck killing all souls using JS/FP/Puncture/Impale.. If it is a healer I throw up Anethema after that quick rotation sometimes I need to slip away ambush and FB to finish off healers though.

Rift Disciple

My strat as an assassin is to almost ALWAYS use assassinate on open. I only target people taking damage. When I see them at 50-75% health, I pop out and do Assassinate for 1100-1450ish damage on a crit, followed by a backstab and puncture, then Final Blow. This normally has the person dead.

I don't care about overall damage in Warfronts. I normally get 40-70k single target. I think it is more useful to actually kill the enemy. Sometimes I have games with 25k damage and like 14 killing blows. Have to play smart as an assassin and pick and choose your targets.
    <Ethereal Order> - Guardian Guild - Corthana Shard.
    http://www.etherealorder.com

+ Reply to Thread