+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Pyro nerfed on PTS

Default Pyro nerfed on PTS

Pyromancer

* Increased the Burning Bright bonus to Fire damage to 0.4/0.8/1.2% for each point spent in the Pyromancer soul for PVE damage, PVP damage still uses the previous 0.2/0.4/0.6% bonus.
    * The damage of Fulminate and Cinder Burst has been reduced by 20% in PVP.
    * Inferno now triggers a global cooldown when it is cast, and the damage has been reduced by 10% in PvP.

Thoughts?

I'm not cryin about it.

Link.

Edit: nvm
    Here.
    Last edited by Kaladai; 06-16-2011 at 12:33 AM.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Ascendant

another soul killed for pvp, nice.
    so, how exactly mages should compete in pvp, we throw our poop like monkeys?
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Over all decent changes. Its changes like these that Rift needs to focus on in 1.4. They need to go down the list all of the skills in Rift skill by skill, and adjust the values for pvp and pve accordingly.

That will finally separate PvE and PvP from the "abilities" stand point.

I like the fact they are looking into other ways to handle balancing than just nerfing dmg. Even though the majority of the pyro nerfs were indeed a nerf to dmg it wasnt that bad and I was expecting a lot more. The most promising change is the GCD on Inferno. Thats a good solid change.

We need more changes like that. Smart balancing changes that make sense, and not just nerfing damage.
    SixtwoSix
    Level 50 R3 Rogue Tearfall -retired until Transfers.
    Level 31 Mage Briarcliff - Active.

I feel bad for Pyros.

I'm not being sarcastic.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Morituri View Post
    Pyromancer
    * Inferno now triggers a global cooldown when it is cast
    This was the only thing needed.

If they are going to apply all the changes, remove the HP loss.
    Last edited by Vaine; 06-16-2011 at 12:48 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Ascendant

I retract what I wrote till I get the chance to see by myself all the other changes...
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladai View Post
    I feel bad for Pyros.

I'm not being sarcastic.
    I don't.

10char
    retired

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by MicrowaveSeller View Post
    Over all decent changes. Its changes like these that Rift needs to focus on in 1.4. They need to go down the list all of the skills in Rift skill by skill, and adjust the values for pvp and pve accordingly.

That will finally separate PvE and PvP from the "abilities" stand point.

I like the fact they are looking into other ways to handle balancing than just nerfing dmg. Even though the majority of the pyro nerfs were indeed a nerf to dmg it wasnt that bad and I was expecting a lot more. The most promising change is the GCD on Inferno. Thats a good solid change.

We need more changes like that. Smart balancing changes that make sense, and not just nerfing damage.
    main problem here is that our "turret" soul get to be still rooted in place and lose its fangs...
    they should give pyros a lot more mobility if they arent anymore the main burst damage soul in pvp.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    I retract what I wrote till I get the chance to see by myself all the other changes...
    Yea I suppose I could have just as easily named the thread Warlocks got buffed in PTS. My secondary PvPer is a mage so I empathize with you.

I feel bad for the players who think they are getting Justice by seeing the pyro nerfed.

Yes the pyro's burst just got nerfed. What do you really think is going to happen? You think people are going to play a nerfed class? This is rift. Guess what. I dont have to play the soul that just got nerfed. I simply respec to the new OP one.

When all the mages switch to necro/lock Im going to laugh at all the QQ's from the other classes. You got what you wanted after all. At least you could kill pyros. Remember that.

Careful what you ask for, because you just might get it and find out that something much worse is right around the corner. SC and Pyro are out. Lock/necro is in. Get ready.
    SixtwoSix
    Level 50 R3 Rogue Tearfall -retired until Transfers.
    Level 31 Mage Briarcliff - Active.

Quote Originally Posted by MicrowaveSeller View Post
    I feel bad for the players who think they are getting Justice by seeing the pyro nerfed.

Yes the pyro's burst just got nerfed. What do you really think is going to happen? You think people are going to play a nerfed class? This is rift. Guess what. I dont have to play the soul that just got nerfed. I simply respec to the new OP one.

When all the mages switch to necro/lock Im going to laugh at all the QQ's from the other classes. You got what you wanted after all. At least you could kill pyros. Remember that.

Careful what you ask for, because you just might get it and find out that something much worse is right around the corner. SC and Pyro are out. Lock/necro is in. Get ready.
    I respectfully disagree. People simply want a chance to react. Getting 1 shot does not allow that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladai View Post
    I feel bad for Pyros.

I'm not being sarcastic.
    Oh please. If there was any nerf, this has to be the #1 most requested nerf. And it is not severe.

A 20% reduction is rather modest. I have an R6 Rogue and an R2 cleric.

Both get hit for 5K plus within 1-2 seconds regularly by Pyros. I'm not sure whether it's one attack,
    or a series of attacks, but I see very big numbers scroll by before the inevitable death.

A 20% reduction merely means that these same killing shots will hit for 3-4K max. Maybe I have time to flee? Cast a mild heal? Who knows.

Inded, there are cooldowns associated with this, but overrall when I look at the warfront scoreboards it's usually rather obvious when a pyro is playing.

I respectfully disagree. People simply want a chance to react. Getting 1 shot does not allow that to happen.
    This.

Although it wasn't one-shot, more like 2-3 shot, but still... It was a bit over the top, especially considering how difficult it is to get magic resist unless you use a tank spec (which means "bye bye damage, hello uselessness).

After patch 1.1 it was "I'm fighting, I'm fightiiiing, I'm fightiiiiiiing, BAM dead (eh? what happened? oh.. Pyro)". After patch 1.2: "I'm fighting, I'm fightiiing, **** a Pyro targeted me **** **** gotta run away **** I'm dead".

I won't even get into what happens when you face a mage assist train. It's basically a 30-meter killing zone.

Of course, I'm writing this from the standpoint of a melee Warrior and I know someone would say something like "it's all rock/paper/scissors", but still... I can't help feeling happy about a Pyro nerf.
    retired

After being R6 for a while, the largest crit I remember from a Pyro was 2.2K Fulminate.

They're a non-issue when you are heavy geared: fireball 500~, Cinder and Fulminate often <1K... They are also the squishiest target in the entire game wearing the worst type of armor with the worst HP pool. I repeat it again, when you're heavy geared Pyros are a joke.

For the people saying Warlocks/Necro the new OP, sorry but no. If you want the new Empowered Darkness you only have 15 point to spend in necro, so no Soul Purge or Archmage goodies.
    Warlock/Necro have non-existant burst and heavy CD dependent, they're also totally dominated by Eradicate which is really common these days.
    If one mage soul will shine in 1.3 is the Dominator. Currently spells like Chastise or Storm Shackle are really effectives against most player because they don't give a **** about what debuffs they have, all the new toys of the Dominator are a improved version of those.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast