+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 168

Thread: Pyro nerfed on PTS

  1. #1
    Champion of Telara Morituri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,308

    Default Pyro nerfed on PTS

    Pyromancer

    * Increased the Burning Bright bonus to Fire damage to 0.4/0.8/1.2% for each point spent in the Pyromancer soul for PVE damage, PVP damage still uses the previous 0.2/0.4/0.6% bonus.
    * The damage of Fulminate and Cinder Burst has been reduced by 20% in PVP.
    * Inferno now triggers a global cooldown when it is cast, and the damage has been reduced by 10% in PvP.

    Thoughts?

    I'm not cryin about it.

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara Kaladai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Granada
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Link.

    Edit: nvm
    Here.
    Last edited by Kaladai; 06-16-2011 at 12:33 AM.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    another soul killed for pvp, nice.
    so, how exactly mages should compete in pvp, we throw our poop like monkeys?
    Once known as Nix-Zero


    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

  4. #4
    Plane Touched MicrowaveSeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    287

    Default

    Over all decent changes. Its changes like these that Rift needs to focus on in 1.4. They need to go down the list all of the skills in Rift skill by skill, and adjust the values for pvp and pve accordingly.

    That will finally separate PvE and PvP from the "abilities" stand point.

    I like the fact they are looking into other ways to handle balancing than just nerfing dmg. Even though the majority of the pyro nerfs were indeed a nerf to dmg it wasnt that bad and I was expecting a lot more. The most promising change is the GCD on Inferno. Thats a good solid change.

    We need more changes like that. Smart balancing changes that make sense, and not just nerfing damage.
    SixtwoSix
    Level 50 R3 Rogue Tearfall -retired until Transfers.
    Level 31 Mage Briarcliff - Active.

  5. #5
    Prophet of Telara Kaladai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Granada
    Posts
    909

    Default

    I feel bad for Pyros.

    I'm not being sarcastic.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

  6. #6
    Ascendant Vaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morituri View Post
    Pyromancer
    * Inferno now triggers a global cooldown when it is cast
    This was the only thing needed.

    If they are going to apply all the changes, remove the HP loss.
    Last edited by Vaine; 06-16-2011 at 12:48 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    I retract what I wrote till I get the chance to see by myself all the other changes...
    Once known as Nix-Zero


    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

  8. #8
    RIFT Guide Writer Milen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaladai View Post
    I feel bad for Pyros.

    I'm not being sarcastic.
    I don't.

    10char
    retired

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MicrowaveSeller View Post
    Over all decent changes. Its changes like these that Rift needs to focus on in 1.4. They need to go down the list all of the skills in Rift skill by skill, and adjust the values for pvp and pve accordingly.

    That will finally separate PvE and PvP from the "abilities" stand point.

    I like the fact they are looking into other ways to handle balancing than just nerfing dmg. Even though the majority of the pyro nerfs were indeed a nerf to dmg it wasnt that bad and I was expecting a lot more. The most promising change is the GCD on Inferno. Thats a good solid change.

    We need more changes like that. Smart balancing changes that make sense, and not just nerfing damage.
    main problem here is that our "turret" soul get to be still rooted in place and lose its fangs...
    they should give pyros a lot more mobility if they arent anymore the main burst damage soul in pvp.
    Once known as Nix-Zero


    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara Morituri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    I retract what I wrote till I get the chance to see by myself all the other changes...
    Yea I suppose I could have just as easily named the thread Warlocks got buffed in PTS. My secondary PvPer is a mage so I empathize with you.

  11. #11
    Plane Touched MicrowaveSeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    287

    Default

    I feel bad for the players who think they are getting Justice by seeing the pyro nerfed.

    Yes the pyro's burst just got nerfed. What do you really think is going to happen? You think people are going to play a nerfed class? This is rift. Guess what. I dont have to play the soul that just got nerfed. I simply respec to the new OP one.

    When all the mages switch to necro/lock Im going to laugh at all the QQ's from the other classes. You got what you wanted after all. At least you could kill pyros. Remember that.

    Careful what you ask for, because you just might get it and find out that something much worse is right around the corner. SC and Pyro are out. Lock/necro is in. Get ready.
    SixtwoSix
    Level 50 R3 Rogue Tearfall -retired until Transfers.
    Level 31 Mage Briarcliff - Active.

  12. #12
    Champion of Telara Morituri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MicrowaveSeller View Post
    I feel bad for the players who think they are getting Justice by seeing the pyro nerfed.

    Yes the pyro's burst just got nerfed. What do you really think is going to happen? You think people are going to play a nerfed class? This is rift. Guess what. I dont have to play the soul that just got nerfed. I simply respec to the new OP one.

    When all the mages switch to necro/lock Im going to laugh at all the QQ's from the other classes. You got what you wanted after all. At least you could kill pyros. Remember that.

    Careful what you ask for, because you just might get it and find out that something much worse is right around the corner. SC and Pyro are out. Lock/necro is in. Get ready.
    I respectfully disagree. People simply want a chance to react. Getting 1 shot does not allow that to happen.

  13. #13
    Soulwalker MisterSunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaladai View Post
    I feel bad for Pyros.

    I'm not being sarcastic.
    Oh please. If there was any nerf, this has to be the #1 most requested nerf. And it is not severe.

    A 20% reduction is rather modest. I have an R6 Rogue and an R2 cleric.

    Both get hit for 5K plus within 1-2 seconds regularly by Pyros. I'm not sure whether it's one attack,
    or a series of attacks, but I see very big numbers scroll by before the inevitable death.

    A 20% reduction merely means that these same killing shots will hit for 3-4K max. Maybe I have time to flee? Cast a mild heal? Who knows.

    Inded, there are cooldowns associated with this, but overrall when I look at the warfront scoreboards it's usually rather obvious when a pyro is playing.

  14. #14
    RIFT Guide Writer Milen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morituri View Post
    I respectfully disagree. People simply want a chance to react. Getting 1 shot does not allow that to happen.
    This.

    Although it wasn't one-shot, more like 2-3 shot, but still... It was a bit over the top, especially considering how difficult it is to get magic resist unless you use a tank spec (which means "bye bye damage, hello uselessness).

    After patch 1.1 it was "I'm fighting, I'm fightiiiing, I'm fightiiiiiiing, BAM dead (eh? what happened? oh.. Pyro)". After patch 1.2: "I'm fighting, I'm fightiiing, **** a Pyro targeted me **** **** gotta run away **** I'm dead".

    I won't even get into what happens when you face a mage assist train. It's basically a 30-meter killing zone.

    Of course, I'm writing this from the standpoint of a melee Warrior and I know someone would say something like "it's all rock/paper/scissors", but still... I can't help feeling happy about a Pyro nerf.
    retired

  15. #15
    Prophet of Telara Kaladai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Granada
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morituri View Post
    I respectfully disagree. People simply want a chance to react. Getting 1 shot does not allow that to happen.
    After being R6 for a while, the largest crit I remember from a Pyro was 2.2K Fulminate.

    They're a non-issue when you are heavy geared: fireball 500~, Cinder and Fulminate often <1K... They are also the squishiest target in the entire game wearing the worst type of armor with the worst HP pool. I repeat it again, when you're heavy geared Pyros are a joke.

    For the people saying Warlocks/Necro the new OP, sorry but no. If you want the new Empowered Darkness you only have 15 point to spend in necro, so no Soul Purge or Archmage goodies.
    Warlock/Necro have non-existant burst and heavy CD dependent, they're also totally dominated by Eradicate which is really common these days.
    If one mage soul will shine in 1.3 is the Dominator. Currently spells like Chastise or Storm Shackle are really effectives against most player because they don't give a **** about what debuffs they have, all the new toys of the Dominator are a improved version of those.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts