+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Pyro nerfed on PTS

Quote Originally Posted by Wolftone View Post
    I glad to see the pyro nerf.

Maybe some more mages learn to play rather than spam the same macro button and think they are great.

I have seen fulminate hitting another player for 5.5k which is far to much, no other soul has this burst damage.
    But they do. There's a thread here with screenshots where a rogue put out 5k damage in less than 2 seconds too. (of course with some whiner calling for nerfs)

I'm so tired of people here whining about "he heals for too much", and "he hits too hard". MAN UP!

For hecks sake, you have the freedom to roll whatever you want too. Change your spec, get a better team, play better, get better armor, whatever... just deal with it. So some characters hit hard. That's war, get over it.

Z

The Order of the Silver Hand is recruiting! Dayblind - Guardian - www.TheOrderoftheSilverHand.com

another bright side is there wont be as many pyros (or mages) in pvp after 1.3 so those of us sticking as pyros will at least be a bit more rare
    Last edited by PandemicUK; 06-18-2011 at 11:50 AM.
    RIFT Whitefall server / Pandemik / Mage (Pyromancer) Level 10-50 in warfronts. 300k favour earnt before hitting lvl 50 / Guild Black Company
    First player on Whitefall pvp server to reach 5000 pvp kills (Cutthroat). 25k+ pvp kills now pugged the whole way - single target only.

WAR Karak Eight Peaks and Karak Norn EU servers / Pandemic / Bright Wizard / Guild Black Company
    DAOC Excalibur EU server / Pandemic / Troll Warrior / Guild Black Company

Quote Originally Posted by abisha View Post
    yea,yea.
    like the other class's got it easy.

the pyro is still a bit OP, after this update, i bet they fall in line with the rest of the mortals.
    and when they don't?...I think you're going to find that peoples problem with pyros is not how much they burst for..but that they can burst..that they are built to burst..its what they do.

People simply don't like the fact that a class can shoot fire from their fingers and kill you..until THAT is fixed there will still be ppl QQn.

The End.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Get ready for the last 15% of mage players to reroll to the 75% of rogues in every WF. Marksmens are so weak, buff plx

Rift Disciple

I'm still going to smash Guardians with Pyro in 1.3. Thx for playing.

i lold when i read these changes. haven't played in a few weeks and not at all upset about it, nor missing rift. bloodline champions is a far superior pvp game, i'd suggest checking it out while you wait for GW2.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    and when they don't?...I think you're going to find that peoples problem with pyros is not how much they burst for..but that they can burst..that they are built to burst..its what they do.

People simply don't like the fact that a class can shoot fire from their fingers and kill you..until THAT is fixed there will still be ppl QQn.

The End.
    What is strange is rank 5/6 guys don't seem to care about Pyros. It seems that the rank1/2 guys cry the most. My 1300 spellpower mage fulminates for 5k crits on rank 1 guys and 1800 crits on r6 guys. The players running 500+ valor never complain about Pyromancers. We can tell because like I already said rank 5/6 guys get crit for 1800ish, not 5k.

It is too bad that rank 1/2 people are the cause for most PvP class changes. IMO the r6 cleric is still the most overpowered class in the game. But that is just my opinion as I find it impossible to take them down 1v1.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Stratacaster View Post
    They are already a dead class 1v1. Burning bonds and flicker won't save us, warrior's have gap closers, and cc breaks. Truly if you can't beat a pyro in a 1v1 you have a problem not the pyro.

It is outrageous that after the 1.2 nerf, 1.3 nerf you want an even bigger nerf to fulminate, and want to remove all their CC and mobility. You just eliminated 4 things in the skill tree that take up 5 points and made fulminate as useless as full cast Cinderburst. All I can say is roll a pyro and play it some and you will see how outrageous this is.
    I have used Pyromancer which is why I always say I refuse to play them. I know exactly how they are both damage wise and survivability.

Even after this so called "nerf" in 1.2 they are even better then before. The nerf did pretty much nothing to the soul.

Soulwalker

said it before and will say it again

too much ink spilled for cafe debates.

devs i beg you, dont listen to nonsense...

imho moderate the pvp healling to be in balance with the dps nerf... and i am not talking about chloros....

Seriously..I'm a p6 pyro and have hit "healing classes' with all my heavy hitting stuff and poured on heatwaved fireballs 5-6 (they had no one healing them except themselves) and their HP barely moved in the first place.

any other class I can take down after pouring that much damage on except them. Met one tonight that was just "stewpid" at being a damage sponge.
    Last edited by Ticklepink; 06-20-2011 at 05:56 AM.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    i lold when i read these changes. haven't played in a few weeks and not at all upset about it, nor missing rift. bloodline champions is a far superior pvp game, i'd suggest checking it out while you wait for GW2.
    You have 1,962 posts on the forums. It is clear that at some point you were enthusiastic about rift. In general people don't care when someone posts about leaving because it's their first or tenth post. For you that is not the case. Without being verbose, why are you leaving?
    Last edited by Stratacaster; 06-20-2011 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    another soul killed for pvp, nice.
    so, how exactly mages should compete in pvp, we throw our poop like monkeys?
    you guys are crazy....
    go ahead and spec out of pyro then.
    OK... here are my thoughts/complaints.....

I always WANTED to be pyro and told everyone i would play pyro even if it sucked (see my video posted from beta)
    I found it difficult to swallow though, because in this game with the dps meters and everything... nobody wants a pyro that pulls 700 dps and has no aoe and NO mobility... when they can bring a stormcaller who unleashes 3400 aoe dps and 1200 single target.

My saving point is I do very VERY well in pvp. at times I feel too well as its just too much damage too fast. I have a healer, so I also know no healing can keep up with the damage i do.

inferno HAD to be removed from GCD fellas... lets call a spade a spade. we cant even debate this one.

but here is what I like... pyro is a bit too dominant for burst in pvp and its very lackluster in pve. so them BUFFING the pve damage while not also buffing the pvp damage works fine for me.
    so they buff our pve damage and nerf stormcallers so they cant do more single target damage by SPAMMING INSTACAST AOE SPELLS than we can sitting in ground of power casting slow cast single target nukes.

Now hopefully all the bandwagon jumpers will get off my class and I can be unique. dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Morituri View Post
    Pyromancer

* Increased the Burning Bright bonus to Fire damage to 0.4/0.8/1.2% for each point spent in the Pyromancer soul for PVE damage, PVP damage still uses the previous 0.2/0.4/0.6% bonus.
    * The damage of Fulminate and Cinder Burst has been reduced by 20% in PVP.
    * Inferno now triggers a global cooldown when it is cast, and the damage has been reduced by 10% in PvP.

Thoughts?

I'm not cryin about it.
    Not even close to sufficient. Damage of Fulminate and Cinder should be reduced 50% so instead of critically hitting for 4,000 it comes within reason of other crits.

Ascendant

true story : pyros will hit about as hard as chlorolocks in 1.3. and be less mobile and have WAY less hitpoints.

pyros will be useless in 1.3 pvp, only idiots will continue to spec them instead of a useful class. e.g. dominator or chlorolock or (not sure, they're getting nerfed too) stormcaller.

/thread.
    Last edited by ururu; 06-20-2011 at 03:25 PM.

Soulwalker

I stopped playing pyro on my r6 a long time ago.. simply due to the face roll boredom in all honesty. That said ..
    1) clerics complaining about mages.. go healer get r6 and geared and then you wont need to post about any dps being overpowered lol.. (i have a r3 cleric also so not just poking at yall)
    2) rogues - show me a mage with stealth, vanishes, immunities, 35meter range, doing their dmg on the run OR stun locking etc.. lots of dmg and survivability AND utility/heals there
    3) warriors-- if your in r6 gear you already know if your not get there so the comparison is even..

Simply put Pyro is great for mowing down the low ranked people but that is the case with ANY r6 that knows what he/she is doing. You do r6 vs r6 comparison the 51 pyro has the least survival/utility/mobility of any other class in the game.. in all honesty they SHOULD outburst everyone else.. because that rogue or war is gonna face hump them and they r6 cleric will simply have to do a bit more self healing (which might get some of his dps killed so it CAN be useful). Anyways im not saying "nerf this" or "nerf that" i will always roll with the punches and make my toons work. Just saying keep in mind that an class is not defined ONLY by it's hardest hitting single attack or spell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast