+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Objectives schmectives!

Default Objectives schmectives!

Time for a "who kills more" WF map. No flags, no fangs, no objectives. Complete annihilation please.

Seriously, objective based pvp is fine, but sometimes you just want 12 v 12 king of the hill/tower, whatever. First team to 100 kills wins....period.

Soulwalker

Default OMG now that sounds like fun.

Sounds like old school pvp carnage......I LOVE IT! Make it so Trion!

would be good, loved king of the hill in other MMOS

WTB "Like" button next to threads, PST.

Space Core: I'm in Space.
    Wheatley: I know you are, mate! Yep, we're both in space.
    Space Core: SPAAAAACE!

Make it like "dodgeball", no 'unlimited' respawns.

5 deaths, you are out.

or, if you die you respawn in a 'prison' where you team has to come free you to bring you back into the battle.

Just put you in "stasis" or something, until someone from your team right clicks you.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Plane Walker

Default yup

this is the best pvp idea posted yet lol, or just 50 vs 50 last man standing. No respawns if your dumb and u die well your SOL. Or the Tower idea- race to the top of the tower with things in your way npc, land objects(lava like in CC) winds that blow you off the tower(like in AP). First team to reach the top with a certain amount of players wins or something. Would be fun imo but i already know thats to much to ask.
    Last edited by Queezy; 06-15-2011 at 10:32 PM.

Rift Master

Great idea. Objective based pvp becomes boring much quicker

I tend to play like this quite often with my Rogue in the low-level WFs as I don't care too much whether we will win or lose them. I just ignore objectives and focus on killing as many people as possible. It translates to a lot of fun for me

Also, especially in Codex, there will always be people who moan "FOCUS ON CODEX FFS" or "OMG DEF THAT POINT AND ATTACK THIS POINT FFS!". Nerd rage and tears - the best troll food since forever
    Last edited by Milen; 06-16-2011 at 12:45 AM.
    retired

Shadowlander

YAY! Like Team Death Match on Time Splitters? I loved that game. I would ask for sticky grenades and rocket launchers but I already have a Pyro and a Sabo.

There were tons of PvP ideas on there that have translated into Rift i.e. capture the bag = Whitefall Steppes, zones = Codex but I would love to see an assault style WF, fairly linear, team A needs to reach 3 or 4 objectives getting closer to team B's base who have to defend? I managed a platinum award on training ground assault on Time Splitters and ran laps around the house.

Telaran

Another for the petition.

Default Perfection

Who hasn't read this Warfront idea yet? This is by far the best idea I have seen for warfront so far, if implemented it could re-define Rift in a whole different aspect set apart from other MMO's

Wouldn't be difficult to develop either... I say Do It! Keep it simple too, no dumb vehicles like in failcraft.
    Last edited by AApache; 06-16-2011 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Telal View Post
    Make it like "dodgeball", no 'unlimited' respawns.

5 deaths, you are out.

or, if you die you respawn in a 'prison' where you team has to come free you to bring you back into the battle.

Just put you in "stasis" or something, until someone from your team right clicks you.
    Another brilliant idea! Have to break team member out of prison to get them back into battle. I Love It!

Rift Disciple

Sounds like how the Guardians play in my PvP cluster. No worry about objectives, just attack anything in sight. Hence we lose too much when people are like that.
    Last edited by Dwadili; 06-16-2011 at 07:15 AM.
    <Ethereal Order> - Guardian Guild - Corthana Shard.
    http://www.etherealorder.com

Really sounds like a good idea but with the "no respawn" rule it would be a race to see who could kill the opposite healers first. Leading to DPS nerd rage again because there are no heals goin off and you are just dying.

Something along the lines of a FFA 10m timer most kills wins in the end and gets the extra 200 favor. But you would have to build a spawn area that there was no way an opposite faction player could get to just farm respawns.

Overall good idea just needs to be tweaked to give no one an overt advantage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    if i can't be happy no one can be happy!!!!!!!1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gualtiero View Post
    It takes to long to clear trash and the boss is too hard! Nerf the whole raid!
    The dude playing that warrior is better than me! Nerf his whole class!
    The OP types the truth! Nerf his keyboard!
    Ladyfae Def Cleric R40 Bidnis Def Warrior R19 Shortdawg Guard Rogue R7

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TheBidnis View Post
    Something along the lines of a FFA 10m timer most kills wins in the end and gets the extra 200 favor. But you would have to build a spawn area that there was no way an opposite faction player could get to just farm respawns.
    Place a respwawn protection timer. The timer stops toon from being attacked AND attacking for "x" seconds. Should give the toon ample time to leave the spawn area and join their teammates.

Fantastic idea, it might even get me into PvP, plus as already shown would please the PvPers no end (which means it wont happen, lol)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast