+ Reply to Thread

Thread: to wide of a level gap between players

Soulwalker

Default to wide of a level gap between players

i just think its really stupid to match people that are 6 levels or more higher then others it makes for really bad contests example i just hit 30 now most of the people in the war front are 4 to 6 levels higher then me I'm ineffective

Shadowlander

sigh....no comment

urmmm......you get a buff to compensate the level difference

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by sorrowlord View Post
    i just think its really stupid to match people that are 6 levels or more higher then others it makes for really bad contests example i just hit 30 now most of the people in the war front are 4 to 6 levels higher then me I'm ineffective
    No matter when they moved you to the next bracket you would always be at the bottom. Wait until you make it to 50 and deal with people in rank 6 gear while you're in crafted purples.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kalay View Post
    urmmm......you get a buff to compensate the level difference
    o really well i guess that helps but i still cant phase the ones that are 6 levels higher

Don't do warfronts then. How else could they do it? A bracket for every level?

Seeing you only have 2 posts and both are in this thread, I guess it didn't occur to you to come in here and complain when you were 29 rolling over all the 20's in the WF with you did it?

Interesting.

Cheers.

Rift Master

Get better?

The buff is really strong...tbh I found I was just as effective at the bottom of tiers as the top.

On alts, I do WFs from x0-x6 and quest from x7-x9...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by NatashaK View Post
    The buff is really strong...tbh I found I was just as effective at the bottom of tiers as the top.
    This.

To the OP:

When I levelled my Warrior, I didn't know about the buff so I pvp-ed only when I was in the upper levels of the respective tier. And couldn't understand how some players, 4-5 levels below me, killed me like np.
    The thing is, I was pretty bad at the time (total newbie).

When I started levelling my rogue through PvP only, I topped all WFs in damage done (1st to 3rd place, usually 1st) from level 10 in the 10-19 bracket and level 20 in the 20-29 bracket without breaking a sweat. Yes, Marksman is quite strong and all that, but nevertheless:
    - you can own warfronts even if you're level 10, 20, 30 or 40
    - your problem isn't the level difference because the buffs for underlevelled players are VERY good
    - you just aren't playing too well, your build is bad or it's probably a combination of both

p.s. you DO have a PvP build, do you?
    Last edited by Milen; 06-16-2011 at 03:11 AM.
    retired

Shadowlander

Ugh, all I can say is do yourself a favor and quit pvping now. You're gonna pull your hair out at 50. I've leveled a few characters and pvped quite a bit at 50.

Even during the worst of times while leveling and pvping, like when you're a level 10 while the enemy pvp'ers are level 19, doesn't compare to being a fresh 50 versus a rank 6 gear. I've topped the damage charts (with certain classes) and captured many objectives for my team all while being the lowest level in the warfront pre-50.

Forget about that once you hit 50. It's a rank 6 world, you'll just be a squirrel trying to get a nut. If you want to take a rank 6 down you better be friends. They're the elite mob boss, and you're the trash mob that serves as cannon fodder for the better geared players.

Plane Walker

My clorolock alt just hit lv40 and first WF (codex, I only play codex to get trinket instanly I ding 50) I played ended me being first in dam done, first in healing done and - no kidding here - first in damage taken. Didnt take screenshot thou so you just need to take my word on this. I didn't die once and I was playing in PUG. Of course I actually know how to pvp, my main been rank 6 for ages. Level difference don't matter (except for some builds that require specific amount of points for *the* skill). If anything that buff for lowbies in WFs is overpowered.

ps. I'll admit I have very good gear for my level, having all crafters and everything runed.

+ Reply to Thread