+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Careful ,in advance for future valor changes Trion !

  1. #1
    Banned Cyborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hell Gate
    Posts
    1,835

    Exclamation Careful ,in advance for future valor changes Trion !

    As an old mmo gamer and a hardcore pvpr ,i say this :

    Careful ,in advance for future valor changes Trion..Just dont make the mistake that wow made it , to involve crit damage or chance to crit hit with valor/gear ,or you will mess the still good pvp balance u got for now in Rift.( im not ironic ,i still think atm we have a good balance in pvp , not perfect but just good)

    Atm valor give a fare advantage to players that pvp and is a good thing ,is fare i think , for every one of us that pvp.Crit on the other side is something that help us deal with healing classes or with tanks that can mitigate and block insane amount of damage.( i still think block/mitigate damage, should need to have a limit in pvp)

    I see the problem is with pyro mages or maybe with every dps class that can spike huge crit ,and with people who are new lvl 50 and have no pvp gear.To solve this problem is to take individually souls and see were is the problem and not ruin all the valor gear system.

    As for people that just hit lvl 50 and go to pvp vs veterans full rank 6 ,this is what should happen and Trion dont need to mess other things and balance because of this , is like a 4 years pro kick boxer that fight a new guy that train for 2 months.
    Last edited by Cyborg; 06-15-2011 at 03:17 PM.

  2. #2
    Sez
    Sez is offline
    Ascendant Sez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,142

    Default

    Words of wisdom. Thanks Cyborg, nobody has said this yet
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

    - Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

  3. #3
    Banned Cyborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hell Gate
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Words of wisdom. Thanks Cyborg, nobody has said this yet
    Well ....at least i put them together and point Trion in a good direction that is already going...
    Last edited by Cyborg; 06-15-2011 at 03:18 PM.

  4. #4
    Banned Cyborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hell Gate
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    Bump for the devs team, you doing a great job balance the pvp.Dont touch valor and dont give free valor to pve players..

    Valor should be getting only with pvp gear that come only from player vs player period
    Last edited by Cyborg; 06-16-2011 at 08:09 AM.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    So your answer for a purely pvp problem is to screw with/nerf the souls?? Rather than tweak the purely pvp gear that would affect nothing but pvp?? Regardless of your ob ious previous experience in WoW, that doesn't mean this game is the same. Start screwing with the souls? Seriously? You would change the balance of the entire game so you can go back to one shotting heavily armored players that are MADE to mitigate physical damage? How about you try another tactic like go after the classes that don't have that much physical damage mitigation and leave the others to magic classes that can get around that and hi them with spells.

    Mess with the souls.....seriously??

  6. #6
    Banned Cyborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hell Gate
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shmucky View Post
    So your answer for a purely pvp problem is to screw with/nerf the souls?? Rather than tweak the purely pvp gear that would affect nothing but pvp?? Regardless of your ob ious previous experience in WoW, that doesn't mean this game is the same. Start screwing with the souls? Seriously? You would change the balance of the entire game so you can go back to one shotting heavily armored players that are MADE to mitigate physical damage? How about you try another tactic like go after the classes that don't have that much physical damage mitigation and leave the others to magic classes that can get around that and hi them with spells.

    Mess with the souls.....seriously??
    If there is an imbalance ,it is on souls combination and not in gear. Gear dependable is not what make some combo OP in Rift. I play to many games.
    Gear count to much for healing/tank classes than others , when u buff pvp gear to much , u wont have balance.Trion need to work and "BALANCE"some classes and not to ruin the pvp gear.
    Go to sleep ,u need to be proud i answer someone like you ,that dont have any clue about pvp and balance..
    Last edited by Cyborg; 06-16-2011 at 05:52 PM.

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser bheta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    354

    Default

    i think they know what they are doing. these people get paid to figure this out. Im sure most of them are xxxcore MMO players too, or were at one point.

  8. #8
    Banned Cyborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hell Gate
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bheta View Post
    i think they know what they are doing. these people get paid to figure this out. Im sure most of them are xxxcore MMO players too, or were at one point.
    Yeah ,this is what im thinking myself about it , but from time to time you need to remind them to go streight were the problems are and not to mess things up ,like it may happen..
    Last edited by Cyborg; 06-17-2011 at 04:33 AM.

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    As an old mmo gamer and a hardcore pvpr ,i say this :

    Careful ,in advance for future valor changes Trion..Just dont make the mistake that wow made it , to involve crit damage or chance to crit hit with valor/gear ,or you will mess the still good pvp balance u got for now in Rift.( im not ironic ,i still think atm we have a good balance in pvp , not perfect but just good)

    Atm valor give a fare advantage to players that pvp and is a good thing ,is fare i think , for every one of us that pvp.Crit on the other side is something that help us deal with healing classes or with tanks that can mitigate and block insane amount of damage.( i still think block/mitigate damage, should need to have a limit in pvp)

    I see the problem is with pyro mages or maybe with every dps class that can spike huge crit ,and with people who are new lvl 50 and have no pvp gear.To solve this problem is to take individually souls and see were is the problem and not ruin all the valor gear system.

    As for people that just hit lvl 50 and go to pvp vs veterans full rank 6 ,this is what should happen and Trion dont need to mess other things and balance because of this , is like a 4 years pro kick boxer that fight a new guy that train for 2 months.
    I must agree with Cyborg on this one. I can't exactly put a finger on which part is the part I agree on, as I agree on it as a whole. When I was leveling, many people told me that when I reached level 50 and went into WFs, I would just get one-shotted and that, that was the way PvP worked at level 50. So far, I haven't been one-shotted one single time and I am still in relatively bad gear. So I am yet to see proof of that theory. (In other words, the "problems" of the current PvP state are overrated.)

    PS: I play rogue, shifting between saboteur and nightlbade as main specs.

  10. #10
    Banned Cyborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hell Gate
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittari View Post
    I must agree with Cyborg on this one. I can't exactly put a finger on which part is the part I agree on, as I agree on it as a whole. When I was leveling, many people told me that when I reached level 50 and went into WFs, I would just get one-shotted and that, that was the way PvP worked at level 50. So far, I haven't been one-shotted one single time and I am still in relatively bad gear. So I am yet to see proof of that theory. (In other words, the "problems" of the current PvP state are overrated.)

    PS: I play rogue, shifting between saboteur and nightlbade as main specs.
    It is good that u find "viable "the sab , i stick with sin/nb/inf usually
    Last edited by Cyborg; 06-17-2011 at 09:57 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts